OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hairdryer to soften and remove Phicen/Jiaou hands?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

maxman

I have often read the suggestion to use a hairdryer to warm up hands or feet to soften the hole before attaching them to the Phicen/Jiaou figurine arm or leg.

What about the reverse?

Is it safe to use a hairdryer to blow the wrist/ankle to soften the hand/feet such that the pull doesn't have to be forceful and potentially breaking the metal plug/pin at the end of the arm/leg? Can the Phicen/Jiaou flesh withstand hot air? The thought of hot air burning the flesh scares me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. That works for pretty much any figure— highly recommend doing that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hairdryer to soften and remove Phicen/Jiaou hands? C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, it reasonably safe, I suppose don't over do it. I try to aim just at the hand or foot as much as possible. You only need about a minute of blasting with heat. If you are particularly worried, hold some cardboard or a bill envelope (or something like that) to protect the seamless rubbery flesh while blasting the harder plastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum