OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Ring Toys: 1/6 Tomb Raiders Notes-Zhang Qiling Action Figure Pure Edition/Deluxe Edition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Diana

Diana
No idea who he is, but he looks great! Beautiful weapons, nice clothes, nice "jade" dragon, great boots! (I gotta be careful not to talk myself into buying him...)

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:No idea who he is, but he looks great! Beautiful weapons, nice clothes, nice "jade" dragon, great boots! (I gotta be careful not to talk myself into buying him...)

Leave that to me. Razz

I think I’m in. I need some pop culture male figures to balance out the ladies a bit.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
C'moooon! Don't toy with my emotions! My hopes went to the roof when I read "Tomb Raider" in the title. Welp, not exactly what I was expecting. Still, it's a pretty cool figure overall with interesting outfit and accessories.

Now I really need this Jade dragon... yes, for Tomb Raider 2 purposes. If this figure comes out for ~150USD, I may consider getting it. If not, I'll try my luck trying to grab it loose after release.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
One of my biggest surprises/disappointments getting into 1/6 is that there’s not a plethora of great (key word there) 1/6th Laras out there. I’m still leaning on my Play Arts Kai version...which scales with absolutely nothing else in my collection.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It took me a while to figure out he is a male, but nice set overall. Some of the items would also be useful for kitbashing. Interesting design choice with the wraps around his lower arms. The wire within would provide great opportunities for dynamic and dramatic posing, but I do hope they find a way of hiding it better in the final product.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:It took me a while to figure out he is a male, but nice set overall. Some of the items would also be useful for kitbashing. Interesting design choice with the wraps around his lower arms. The wire within would provide great opportunities for dynamic and dramatic posing, but I do hope they find a way of hiding it better in the final product.

Man, even the male figures I like look like girls. I’ll have to ask my therapist about that. Razz

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
This HS would be neat for a Light Yagami figure, from Death Note. It would just need a brown paint on the hair. But the face and expression fits the characters, I think.

Xavion2004 wrote:One of my biggest surprises/disappointments getting into 1/6 is that there’s not a plethora of great (key word there) 1/6th Laras out there.  I’m still leaning on my Play Arts Kai version...which scales with absolutely nothing else in my collection.

I got into the 1/6 hobby specifically trying to find some decent figures of her on this scale. Since that never happened, I built my own. I'm now focused on making all oldschool Tomb Raider 2 outfits of her, and this Jade dragon will be a perfect addition to this project, since you could find 3 secret dragons (a silver, a golden and a jade) hidden in every level. I even found a pretty neat 1/6 dagger on ebay that resembles quite a bit the dagger of Xian.
My biggest challenge up till now is to find a decent HS, with suitable face and long enough hair.

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:C'moooon! Don't toy with my emotions! My hopes went to the roof when I read "Tomb Raider" in the title. Welp, not exactly what I was expecting. Still, it's a pretty cool figure overall with interesting outfit and accessories.

Now I really need this Jade dragon... yes, for Tomb Raider 2 purposes. If this figure comes out for ~150USD, I may consider getting it. If not, I'll try my luck trying to grab it loose after release.

My first thoughts as well FL when I read title. Was getting excited to see a tomb raider being made. Alas, i have no idea what property is based on. The accessories look cool though

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
FreakinLobster wrote:This HS would be neat for a Light Yagami figure, from Death Note. It would just need a brown paint on the hair. But the face and expression fits the characters, I think

Now that you mention it, I can totally see it. The lack of Death Note merchandise in figure form...in any scale...is just depressing. I do have a really nice Ryuk and Light from a short lived line called Figutto! that was like figma, but nothing beyond that. I think Medicom did some Real Action Heroes, at least of L, but they were always crazy expensive on the rare occasions I actually saw one online.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum