OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

War Story Fantasy Fighting Queen Tifa Lockhart Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

War Story's version of Tifa Lockhart is finally here! After being delayed since they changed Tifa's face to have a rounder shape than the super sharp one as pictured on the box, I ended up liking the new version. It's not perfectly Tifa, but it is a lot closer than the Super Duck version. The biggest flaw of War Story Tifa is the body they supplied with her. It's a muscular TBLeague body but Tifa's head is a little undersized. Tifa's head looks better on an S10D body, but there's still a little bit of gap between the head and neck. It's not too bad but I really wish War Story spent a bit more time scaling Tifa's head properly on their intended body.

The quality of War Story's costume is good. Nice paint job on the armor parts, clothes look great on the body. The shoes don't have real laces so they always look perfect. One nitpick I have is that their Tifa's top and sports bra are ONE instead of two separate pieces of clothing! Tifa's jewelry also aren't worn right away, so you'll have to do it yourself. They're tiny so I didn't bother with them for now.

War Story VS Super Duck, which Tifa do I prefer? I prefer War Story's Tifa headsculpt but I prefer Super Duck's quality of costume because of how it feels to the touch and also the shoes having real laces and the top and sports bra being separate pieces. I just combined both and now I have War Story Tifa's head on an S10D body while wearing the Super Duck costume. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the video review. I replied to your inside neck connector removal question in the other thread where you posted it. Good luck.

Adeno

Thanks! I kept digging with a screwdriver and I reached a good result so far. Maybe I'll dig deeper but for now it seems ok Very Happy

War Story Fantasy Fighting Queen Tifa Lockhart Review Modifi10

Adeno

I bought the long nose pliers, pulled out the connector, stuffed the head with an inch of bluetac/funtak, and Tifa's all good Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad it worked, and I think you will find these pliers to be a worthwhile investment, for such and other purposes. I like the glamor model photoshoot effect you achieve with a fan (?) in these videos. Smile

Adeno

Lol thanks! Yeah the pliers are awesome! I can use them to easily pull out tiny ball joints! Before these pliers, I would find one of those little bread wire things and wrap them around a ball joint to help me pull them out lol!

It's just super hot here in California so I have three fans blasting from three different directions Very Happy

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was wondering about the fan(s), but I love the effect.  Now it’s going to become a trademark of your photos and videos when it was completely unplanned. 😉

Man, California.  My daughter moved out there a couple of years ago.  Having been born and having spent most of my life in Florida, I can’t comprehend not having central air conditioning.  My daughter sent me a pic the other night of the apartment complex she’s moving into, and every apartment has those little individual units mounted outside the windows.   It just looked so bizarre to me.  😂

Adeno

Lol yeah those mounted aircons are here, too Very Happy Especially these days may it be day or night, if you walk around my neighborhood, you'll hear almost every mounted aircon on! That loud humming sound is quite comforting, knowing whoever's in the room is getting a good night's sleep.

Electric bills go so high during super hot periods due to aircons! The other day I was looking for a cheaper alternative to aircons and I found a type of "aircon" that's actually just a fan equipped with an ice block box. You put ice in it and of course as the ice evaporates, little "mists" get blown to you. Definitely not good if you don't want to get wet. I was dismayed lol!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:The other day I was looking for a cheaper alternative to aircons and I found a type of "aircon" that's actually just a fan equipped with an ice block box. You put ice in it and of course as the ice evaporates, little "mists" get blown to you. Definitely not good if you don't want to get wet. I was dismayed lol!

Try this (or a similar product) for a surprisingly effective, yet affordable and portable individual solution (it can probably only affect one or two people at a time). No ice, no vapor, just fill the little container with water. Three different strengths, the lowest seems sufficient. It is probably not going to cool down a whole room as such, unless that is very small, which is why I said it is "individual." Despite several bad reviews, it works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091F6BSJ5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Adeno

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad there's one that doesn't rain on you haha Smile

valentin

valentin
Hi Adeno, do you know what or where these jewels are supposed to go to?

They are packed inside the ziplock with the ear rings. (both teardrop and crescent moon)

War Story Fantasy Fighting Queen Tifa Lockhart Review 16321510

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum