OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davidd

davidd
Another installment of the collaborative story taking place on the AMMO (Action Man Mobile Operations) Forum.

ThePhotogsBlog posted an earlier installment last week: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4428-bamcomix-presents-hidden-in-the-shadows-chapter-twenty-nine-auld-agents-auld-problems

Hidden in the Shadows: Chapter 31
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346816808_6f69645b2d_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51345865677_96cd1caa8f_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346587366_6fc5306da8_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347610570_039071a191_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346588411_c3eeb89616_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346588796_5d4d9201bb_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51345868007_a8689e6ab1_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346589746_d1f6e763a3_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347613005_94b430a0e8_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347337154_cf43cc0655_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346591016_8093f6fa10_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346591671_33d2244ac4_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346592246_0565d8d238_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51345871502_0bac5809e5_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51345872002_4a7457f48e_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346593926_316d311c21_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346594676_b2077b5bf8_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347618215_791a64bba4_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346595926_3ce7295ae6_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347342809_2e8dc57312_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347619835_67993f9530_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347343974_0297622323_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51347344384_9b7a1acf0a_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346828443_04c5aed415_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346828978_d55243f374_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346599371_10d737d5bc_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346829713_480edbbc85_b
BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 51346830293_f3589724dc_b
- - - -

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very ambitious project. And so many nice scenes and shots.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Intriguing & exciting stuff Dave! It looks as if the General has made some kind of alliance with K-Troop, or at least got her to agree not to shoot at his troops! lol! You have to give him his credit, he keeps trying under difficult circumstances Very Happy . . Although, the General does seem somewhat un-trusting of others?? Time will tell I guess?
The Sooki-a-go-go looks fantastic! a real cozy place to settle down for a pint of something cold from the harsh desert heat. The bar staff seem extremely friendly too. It really works well as the hub for the story. Seeing Frank was a touch of genius! will he turn out to be more than just random regular? maybe he will become a 'Huggy Bear' type character, where he knows more than anyone thinks he does?? we will have to wait and see!
Another great plot twist here is that the General's mission now appears to hinge on the one time assumed loony, Taerra! and it appears that she has all the information the team need to succeed. Loving this idea.
...and right at the end, we catch a glimpse of Professor Champion and his loyal side kick Louis! can't wait to find out what those two have got themselves into this time! I bet they wished they had waited for Fields! Really looking forward to the next installment!

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Very ambitious project. And so many nice scenes and shots.

Five contributors, thirty-one installments, and coming up on 700 pages so far, so yes, the project has exceeded expectations:

I'm not sure if this link to all the chapters will work: https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/f95-hidden-in-the-shadows

And the main storyline is just getting started! After all these pages, only one of the teams has actually reached "the underground world."

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ah man, I wish I could do something like this or take part in it, that would be so cool

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is quite the project you guys have put together. Very ambitious, indeed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar C8485110

davidd

davidd
ZeroDelta wrote:Ah man, I wish I could do something like this or take part in it, that would be so cool

You can! It's easy! You've already commented on this topic:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4077-43rd-annual-all-england-retro-secret-agent-assasin-and-evil-villain-costume-contest-nsfw

Now just have one or more of your figures comment on the topic! Invitations to the All-England Retro Secret Agent Masquerade Ball are still open!

And obviously the "retro" part is not being strictly enforced. Or enforced at all. In fact, the rules, guidelines, or suggestions in these little back-and-forth games are usually promptly forgotten or intentionally and flagrantly ignored. That's part of the fun.

Plus, anything that will annoy that prat Bond-Fleming is encouraged!

So let's see one of your figs looking vaguely spy-like, or secret agentish, or law enforcement, or, assassin, or evil, or super-evil, appear in the All England Retro etcetera topic!

The only caution: participation can become highly addictive!  Wink

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great installment Dave. I love how you worked in Michiko and her itchy trigger finger. Seeing Frank pop in was a surprise, but a welcome one. At some point, he an Major Hope are going to have to bump into each other.....

I think Kamiko must have been teasing General MacCuster. Everyone knows she wouldn't have K-Troop shoot at his guys....or gals.

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Everyone knows she wouldn't have K-Troop shoot at his guys....or gals.  

Hmmm... If you say so. I'm not as confident! pale

BAMComix

BAMComix
This project is without doubt the most successful so far! I think it's because we all work really well as a team, plus we all keep playing the fun replies to each other which tends to spring board into story lines later down the line. Anyone is welcome to join in, the stories are always set up so HQ's can make new sources and teams around the globe. If you wanna join join, drop Gary, Dave or myself a pm with your idea and I'm sure we can work it in somewhere bounce

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those scenes are great and so is the dialogue. Man, tiki statues.... I remember the mall had a store that sold surf related items and they had two giant tikis by the door and a bunch of smaller ones plus some tiki totems and as a child that place scared me.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! BAMCOMIX PRESENTS - Hidden in the Shadows - Chapter Thirty-One - A Low Bar 1f60e

davidd

davidd
Theboo-bomb wrote:Man, tiki statues.... I remember the mall had a store that sold surf related items and they had two giant tikis by the door and a bunch of smaller ones plus some tiki totems and as a child that place scared me.

Yeah, when I was a kid, the Pier One Imports shop at the mall carried stuff that looked like it was genuinely imported from exotic places: weird carved masks on the walls, strange statues, and even swords! They had a bin full of swords that had all kinds of exotic far eastern symbols and writing etched in to them. As a nine year old kid, you could stand there and wave metal swords around... until your mom yelled at you to knock it off.

I'm sure, in retrospect, they were cheap replicas, but they looked like antique swords, with a dark patina on the handle and weathering on the blades.

There was a cigar store at the mall that had a suit of armor standing out front. It sure looked real to me. Well, I'm sure it was real, in a replica sort of way; but I remember wondering why that suit of armor was in a shopping mall and not in a museum. The suit of armor was holding a sword, too.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
Theboo-bomb wrote:Man, tiki statues.... I remember the mall had a store that sold surf related items and they had two giant tikis by the door and a bunch of smaller ones plus some tiki totems and as a child that place scared me.

Yeah, when I was a kid, the Pier One Imports shop at the mall carried stuff that looked like it was genuinely imported from exotic places: weird carved masks on the walls, strange statues, and even swords! They had a bin full of swords that had all kinds of exotic far eastern symbols and writing etched in to them. As a nine year old kid, you could stand there and wave metal swords around... until your mom yelled at you to knock it off.

I'm sure, in retrospect, they were cheap replicas, but they looked like antique swords, with a dark patina on the handle and weathering on the blades.

There was a cigar store at the mall that had a suit of armor standing out front. It sure looked real to me. Well, I'm sure it was real, in a replica sort of way; but I remember wondering why that suit of armor was in a shopping mall and not in a museum. The suit of armor was holding a sword, too.

We have a Chinese buffet in the West Island that's been around since 1962. The decor, which probably has not been changed since then, is Polynesian.  I have often wondered about why a Chinese restaurant would have Polynesian decor, unless it was first a Tiki bar or something and they never bothered to change the decor when it became a Chinese buffet.

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

We have a Chinese buffet in the West Island that's been around since 1962. The decor, which probably has not been changed since then, is Polynesian.  I have often wondered about why a Chinese restaurant would have Polynesian decor, unless it was first a Tiki bar or something and they never bothered to change the decor when it became a Chinese buffet.

When I was a little kid, pre-school age, so maybe four or five, there was a Chinese restaurant in our town called Trader Lee's. I only recall going there once, and as I was very young those memories are blurred by time, but I'm sure it was full-on tiki. I remember it was dark, and there were fishing nets on the ceiling, and big statues and spooky looking masks or heads. There was a little footbridge outside with a pond, or wishing well. What I remember most is my mom explaining to me what a wishing well was, and giving me a penny to toss in to the water.

Trader Lee's is long gone, but there's still a Chinese restaurant in the building. I went in there my last visit home. It was nothing like it was. Just a run-down dump of a place now. But outside the door, I could still see the partial outline of the wishing well, long since gone and filled in with concrete, in the sidewalk.

My long-winded point is that apparently, at the height of tiki-mania, some Chinese restaurants adopted the exotic Polynesian decor. You are fortunate to have such a place where you live.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

When I was a little kid, pre-school age, so maybe four or five, there was a Chinese restaurant in our town called Trader Lee's. I only recall going there once, and as I was very young those memories are blurred by time, but I'm sure it was full-on tiki. I remember it was dark, and there were fishing nets on the ceiling, and big statues and spooky looking masks or heads. There was a little footbridge outside with a pond, or wishing well. What I remember most is my mom explaining to me what a wishing well was, and giving me a penny to toss in to the water.

Trader Lee's is long gone, but there's still a Chinese restaurant in the building. I went in there my last visit home. It was nothing like it was. Just a run-down dump of a place now. But outside the door, I could still see the partial outline of the wishing well, long since gone and filled in with concrete, in the sidewalk.

My long-winded point is that apparently, at the height of tiki-mania, some Chinese restaurants adopted the exotic Polynesian decor. You are fortunate to have such a place where you live.

They still have a very cheap lunch buffet.  I haven't gone there since the Covid Crisis, so I wonder how they are doing.  It's a popular place though, especially on weekends. Back in the 80's, there was a Tiki-Bar in Alexis Nihon Plaza across the street from the Forum where the Canadiens played hockey. it was called, are you ready? "The Kon-Tiki" My friends and I had drinks there one night and made a vow to get together again there 20 years from that date, however by then, the place was long gone and turned into a wig boutique or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum