OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Product Description

From TBLeague comes the 1/12 scale Imperial Guardian figure. This figure is highly poseable and comes with several weapons and accessories!

Product Features

1/12 Scale
Made of plastic and fabrics
Highly poseable body with a head sculpt and rooted hair
Includes fabric clothing, armor, and weaponry

Box Contents

Imperial Guardian figure
3 Interchangeable guantlets
Helmet
Dress
Underpants
Pair of stockings
Chest guard
Pair of shoulder armor
Pair of forearm armor
Pair of elbow armor
Corset
Waist armor
Pair of shows
Pair of leg armor
Pair of knee armor
Spear
Sword
Base

PL2021-180A (Golden)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 1232bf10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 10756b10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Ef6abb10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Cb8bdc10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 67c36b10

PL2021-180B (Silver)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 55f3c810

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 37bc6510

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 34135710

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 3b148f10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 69a59410

PL2021-180C (Black)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 3d6bd610

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Afbddd10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Eb81ee10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Becaae10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) A3b46810

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 49651f10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) A2742210

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 807fa910

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 70918b10

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
…and that’s only HALF of them!

davidd

davidd
Get 'em while they're hot, kids, because they won't last long!

Giantoy:  https://giantoy.com/products/tbleague-pl2021-180-abcdef-1-12

BBTS:  https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Imperial+Guardian+1%2F12

What do I have that I could sell to raise some quick cash?

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Much better pic from Giantoy:

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 99d25610

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Okay, I put my deposit down on A (Golden) and B (Silver).   I’ll probably end up with anywhere from four to all six before it’s all over, but those are the two that really stand out to me after this first glance.

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:Okay, I put my deposit down on A (Golden) and B (Silver).   I’ll probably end up with anywhere from four to all six before it’s all over, but those are the two that really stand out to me after this first glance.

Crying or Very sad They're less expensive at BBTS, but shipping is free from Giantoy, so that more or less evens things out. Giantoy accepts a 20% deposit on pre-orders. In my experience, Giantoy is good about cancelling pre-orders when such a thing becomes necessary.

And these will sell out while still in the pre-order stage, won't they?

pale I feel myself succumbing to the market forces of "perceived scarcity."

Deposit tendered. Embarassed

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
davidd wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:Okay, I put my deposit down on A (Golden) and B (Silver).   I’ll probably end up with anywhere from four to all six before it’s all over, but those are the two that really stand out to me after this first glance.

Crying or Very sad  They're less expensive at BBTS, but shipping is free from Giantoy, so that more or less evens things out. Giantoy accepts a 20% deposit on pre-orders. In my experience, Giantoy is good about cancelling pre-orders when such a thing becomes necessary.

pale  I feel myself succumbing to the market forces of "perceived scarcity."

You never know with these figures, but putting a refundable deposit down can’t hurt.

I was a little surprised that Giantoy was coming in higher than BBTS, but I bet that’s a reflection of increased international shipping costs.  I do like being able to put down a deposit though, and Giantoy often gets their stock several weeks before BBTS does.

Which ones did you get?

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:
davidd wrote:

Crying or Very sad  They're less expensive at BBTS, but shipping is free from Giantoy, so that more or less evens things out. Giantoy accepts a 20% deposit on pre-orders. In my experience, Giantoy is good about cancelling pre-orders when such a thing becomes necessary.

pale  I feel myself succumbing to the market forces of "perceived scarcity."

You never know with these figures, but putting a refundable deposit down can’t hurt.

I was a little surprised that Giantoy was coming in higher than BBTS, but I bet that’s a reflection of increased international shipping costs.  I do like being able to put down a deposit though, and Giantoy often gets their stock several weeks before BBTS does.

Which ones did you get?

Unfortunately, there's a big difference, financially, between "placing a deposit" and "getting." pale A deposit has been placed for one of each. That means... Q4 probably means later in the year rather than October... I'll have three months or so to scrounge up... five-hundred bucks? affraid

Yeah, uhm... maybe I need to re-think this. But at least I'll have some breathing room for a few weeks.

What if they don't look as cool as they do in the teaser photos? I mean, they're one-twelfth. Tiny. They're not really gonna look as good as they do in these pics, are they?

As of a couple of hours ago, I had zero intention of purchasing any additional 1/12 figures... ever! Thanks, Xav! Razz

Diana

Diana
HOLY CRAP I'm in trouble. These look FANTASTIC! Even more so together! Arrgh! Bugger. Squeeee!

Diana

Diana
Here is a link to the large images:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=375884&highlight=TBLeague

Comparison. Smile
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) Rd10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, they certainly look exquisite. But I'm resisting this in both scales... got to draw the line somewhere, at least until I have a better job.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:But I'm resisting this in both scales... got to draw the line somewhere, at least until I have a better job.

Resistance is futile! You know the drill!

So start sending out those resumes! Razz

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That would make for a great job interview.

“Why are you thinking of leaving your current job?”

“I need more money for toys!”

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m starting to waiver a little bit, at least as far as getting all six. I went through my 1/12th figures (all purchased this year) and out of 11 n total, 6 or 7 of them may be headed to eBay. In fact, I’ve already taken the photos for Arhian (Pirate), Red Sonja, and Captain Sparta. Purgatori, Sariah, Arkhalla, and Villa are in the crosshairs.

I’m not surprised. Aside from Villa, they’re all figures that I decided to pass on initially then went back and bought when I got the fever (and needed the distraction). With selling on eBay becoming a very undesirable option starting next year, I have to start being a lot more careful about what I buy. I really need to think of each Guardian as an individual figure and not part of a set.

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m starting to waiver a little bit, at least as far as getting all six.   ... With selling on eBay becoming a very undesirable option starting next year, I have to start being a lot more careful about what I buy.

Very good points. I need to stop buying and finish up any selling I intend to do, while seriously thinking about whether I really want to delve any further in to the 1/12 realm.

And these figs never look quite as impressive in-hand as they do in the promo pics.

londonroadhog

Xavion2004 wrote:I’m starting to waiver a little bit, at least as far as getting all six.   I went through my 1/12th figures (all purchased this year) and out of 11 n total, 6 or 7 of them may be headed to eBay.  In fact, I’ve already taken the photos for Arhian (Pirate), Red Sonja, and Captain Sparta.  Purgatori, Sariah, Arkhalla, and Villa are in the crosshairs.

I’m not surprised.  Aside from Villa, they’re all figures that I decided to pass on initially then went back and bought when I got the fever (and needed the distraction).  With selling on eBay becoming a very undesirable option starting next year, I have to start being a lot more careful about what I buy.  I really need to think of each Guardian as an individual figure and not part of a set.

If you decide to sell Purgatori, I would be interested. Let me know. I might be tempted with Captain Sparta too. Depends on prices really. And shipping.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like that there is a variation in the headsculpts, as that's pretty much all I care about for potential customising use. That said, I have about zero spare funds at the moment, and whatever I do scrounge up for figures right now has to go towards my 1/6 scale WIPs. Will be interested to see the pics if others get them though. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Aww, dammit. Just when I'd finally convinced myself not to get into 1/12. Neutral

At least four of those look pretty tempting, and this is from someone who passed on the 1/12 Vampirella.

I wonder if the production of these is what prevented TBL from releasing more new 1/6 base bodies this year?

Or maybe we were just spoiled in 2020, or they've run out of ideas.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Sad no variation on weaponry.

Diana

Diana
I find that the more of these I consider getting the more value they have for me because of the mix and match possibilities. And of course the variation in head sculpts, despite the fact that the hair styles are the same. That can be rectified though to some degree.

For now my previous purchases are safe. But if TBL do another release like this, and I can't imagine them not doing so for the Spartan Army Commander so I'm bracing myself for it, then I see Sonja, Captain Sparta, Purgatori and possibly Sariah going the Ebay route.

Tariah and Skarah are safe. Very Happy
So are Villa and the Catch Me lady, though she will get a new head and body.

And I'm feeling pretty safe that I'll be able to sell them without much of a loss so if anything that's a reason for NOT resisting further purchases. NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) 1f607

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Many of the issues regarding can be explained. They are part of the same “unit”, therefore the same haircuts and the same weapons. I’m not interested in this scale, but if I were, these would be some that would be great for army building.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) C8485110

davidd

davidd
After two weeks of having time to regain my composure, I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. While I have a few 1/12 figs, it's not really my preferred scale. They're really cool, there's not an issue with the figures. It's just that... I really do not "need" them, nor do I "want" to expand in to a completely different scale.

I'll probably regret cancelling the pre-order as soon as the figs start showing up in owner photos. But I need to at least try to be a bit more practical. Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

londonroadhog

davidd wrote:After two weeks of having time to regain my composure, I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. While I have a few 1/12 figs, it's not really my preferred scale. They're really cool, there's not an issue with the figures. It's just that... I really do not "need" them, nor do I "want" to expand in to a completely different scale.

I'll probably regret cancelling the pre-order as soon as the figs start showing up in owner photos. But I need to at least try to be a bit more practical. Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

All good points Dave... I had 1/12 before I got to 1/6. I went to 1/6 because there wasn't the choice of figures nor clothing for 1/12. But accessories, were in great supply as it is Doll House scale. I am committed to 1/6 for Spy Camp, etc. But I've moved the Red Sonja story back to 1/12, and am now heavily investing in fantasy 1/12 as it is that theme...

I am sure you'll be able to cancel your order. I think the thing to do, is ignore the in hand pics when they come. See them and say "yeah they're cool, but not the scale I need". Then you won't feel so bad... Hopefully.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
davidd wrote:

Honestly, you’ll have plenty of time between the first in hand pics hitting and the figures arriving at BBTS. Also, it’s rare that 1/12 figures pre-sell out or even sell through as quickly as their 1/6 counterparts, so I think you’re good.

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:[...] I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. [...]

Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

This hobby isn't about "need" really. Additionally, the scale is cheaper and space saving, and more accessories are being annouced all the time. Companies are clearly catching on, thanks to TBLs seamless bodies. And I do think these will be easy to sell at cost or higher, BUT...

Selling them later of course means hassle. And Xavion makes a good point when saying that these 1/12 figures have rarely if ever sold out at the pre-order stage.

Although I can imagine there being a couple of colors that get fewer pre-orders and therefore a smaller production run. And once they are released I can imagine those people running to the stores trying to complete the set after all, so maybe a couple of them will sell out fast. But those would probably see a second production run as Purgi and Vampi.

Those are the factors I'd consider. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum