OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree. While I will not warm up to anime style, the figures are beautifully put together, posed, and photographed.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

rootleaf

Stryker2011 wrote:I really like the compositions of your photos. She looks really good in them.

Thanks very much, Mark. I was just in the middle of planning a shoot where she is sitting on the edge of a pool with her feet in the water. Then I realized that I needed a bigger bucket! Very Happy

I'll update with new photos if I manage to pull it off.

rootleaf

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. While I will not warm up to anime style, the figures are beautifully put together, posed, and photographed.

Thanks, I am the same way. I've never been a fan of anime with the exception of Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
rootleaf wrote:Thanks, I am the same way. I've never been a fan of anime with the exception of Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.
My extent of liking anime is pretty much limited to Lupin III -- and not so much for the art style, but I guess I got into it a little bit when it used to come up on Adult Swim.

As far as animated series, I did like the look of Archer.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

davidd
The swimsuit pics remind me of a Japanese action film:

The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers (2007).

Also known as Attack Girls Swim Team vs The Undead.

Link to a poster image: Link to Picture

Probably means I'll be looking for the swimsuit parted out online. I bet it will be expensive.

Fun series of pics!

I've never seen the Evangelion series either, but I've accrued a number of Evangelion-inspired toys and figures over the years, mostly in smaller scale.

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:The swimsuit pics remind me of a Japanese action film:

The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers (2007).

Also known as Attack Girls Swim Team vs The Undead.

Link to a poster image: Link to Picture

Probably means I'll be looking for the swimsuit parted out online. I bet it will be expensive.

Fun series of pics!

I've never seen the Evangelionseries either, but I've accrued a number of Evangelion-inspired toys and figures over the years, mostly in smaller scale.

Ha! That's a hilarious title!

If you're not averse to eBay, a search of "VSTOYS 21XG81" will result in a couple of parted out black bikini's for this set. There was one I saw for $10.79 where you could probably talk them down a dollar or so?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for that, David. That looks like a wild movie; just might have to track it down.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 C8485110

davidd

davidd
rootleaf wrote:

If you're not averse to eBay, a search of "VSTOYS 21XG81" will result in a couple of parted out black bikini's for this set.

Thanks! That's better than what I found on eBay. The other listings refer to "underwear" and while showing three pieces in the photo (underwear, swimsuit, socks), the description says 2 pieces, underwear and socks.

I am suddenly tempted to begin assembling an Evangelion-based Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers! Razz

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

If you're not averse to eBay, a search of "VSTOYS 21XG81" will result in a couple of parted out black bikini's for this set.

Thanks! That's better than what I found on eBay. The other listings refer to "underwear" and while showing three pieces in the photo (underwear, swimsuit, socks), the description says 2 pieces, underwear and socks.

I am suddenly tempted to begin assembling an Evangelion-based Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers! Razz

With this 1/6 scale chainsaw: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353926357278?hash=item5267a7a11e, you will be well on your way!  Very Happy

davidd

davidd
rootleaf wrote:
davidd wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

With this 1/6 scale chainsaw: https://www.ebay.com/itm/353926357278?hash=item5267a7a11e, you will be well on your way!  Very Happy

Razz Already have it! It's a great prop, nicely scaled and decent quality!

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:
rootleaf wrote:
davidd wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

Razz  Already have it! It's a great prop, nicely scaled and decent quality!

Nice! Is that a good price for it? I may just get one...

davidd

davidd
rootleaf wrote:

Nice! Is that a good price for it? I may just get one...

I got the orange & white chainsaw four years ago, and it took patience and frequent searching to find one in the $20 range back then, so yes, I would say it's a pretty good price... as such things go.

But, y'know, it's twenty-odd bucks plus tax etcetera for a little piece of plastic that should probably cost fifty cents or a dollar. That's just me living in the past, though, when a candy bar cost a nickel and a phone call cost a dime.

The handle had come loose during shipping when I bought mine, but a tiny drop of glue set it back in to place without a problem.

Trying not to veer too far off topic, but... here's the chainsaw as put to use by Ever After High Darling Charming, who traded in her sword for something more intimidating:

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 31586266458_665d252ec6

And more practical:

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 50233831268_f1082365aa

Ever After High figs were about the size of a "skinny Barbie," so the pics should give you some idea of scale. The saw is a bit bulky for the EAH doll... which adds to the comedic effect, in theory... so it would be about right for a 1/6 fig.

I apologize for the tangent. What were we talking about again? Attack Rebel Swimmer Girls... no, wait... Evangelion figs. I can't do that in 1/6-scale, but here's a small step back to "on topic":

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 33153562298_943ce3afb0
"When I was your age, I hadda walk five miles to school, uphill, in the snow..."

Painted hair: it's an Evangelion figure thing, I guess.

So that suit is designed to fit the "petite" S26/27 body?

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:

So that suit is designed to fit the "petite" S26/27 body?

Awesome pics of the chainsaw in action - thanks!

Yes, in fact, I would not recommend the s27b-suntan simply because of the mismatch in skin tone. The s26a, while not an exact match to the head sculpt, is closer than the s27b in my view.

valentin

valentin
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720711
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720712
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720710

Rei unboxing on boxing day.... NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 1f60b

rootleaf

rootleaf
valentin wrote:NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720711
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720712
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 16720710

Rei unboxing on boxing day....  NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set - Page 2 1f60b

I love the creativity in these photos! The desk and the 1/24 scale (?) Thor figure for Rei - nicely done! Is the mini boxed figure a custom creation?

(Furniture and props are the next things on my list to get.)

valentin

valentin
It's a hot toys official marvel fridge magnet.

The desk and chair is by Aone, a japanese doll company for 1/6, 1/4, 1/3 scale figures. In this case it's 1/6.

rootleaf

rootleaf
valentin wrote:It's a hot toys official marvel fridge magnet.

The desk and chair is by Aone, a japanese doll company for 1/6, 1/4, 1/3 scale figures. In this case it's 1/6.

Wow, I had no idea Hot Toys made these magnets. I'm definitely getting the desk and chair. Thanks Valentin!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like the magnet works pretty well. I'm impressed you managed to fit her in the desk.

valentin

valentin
Yeah, Aone's desk and chair feels more like for nursery kids than for high school.

here's the actual product: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10792927

csyeung

csyeung
I should mention I got my s26a a little while ago and I asked earlier if the 26a had different skintone than the 16a. And it indeed does. The 26a has a slightly more pinkish translucent look (which matches this head) whereas the 16a is a dull yellowish hue. Thought I'd mention it in case I forget. I'll try to get some new pictures up but was a bit swamped with work recently.

I'd still like to find a new shirt though for her, that big velcro bugs me as it doesn't seem to sit flat. I'm sure someone will make one. There's a new clothing set by firetoys i think i saw somewhere that may be a candidate, although it's one of those fantasy skirt combat sets. Not sure if I have use for the other items.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum