OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brand: VSTOYS
Ratio: 1/6
Item No.: 21XG81
Material: PVC/ABS/Fabric/Leather Delivery

time: Fourth quarter of 2021

Note: The matching body in the picture is PH/TB-S26A (sold separately)

List: Head sculpt*1
top*1
school skirt*1
underwear*1
school bag*1
socks*2
shoes*2

Reservation

bonus : swimsuit*1 (not determined) Product: VSTOYS
Name: Ayanami Rei
Scale: 1/6
No: 21XG81
Material: PVC/ABS/cloth
Release date: Fourth quarter of 2021
Notice: The ACTION BODY are not included
List: REAL LIKE HEADSCULPTURE*1

School uniforms*1
The school dress*1
underwear*1
School bag*1
socks*2
shoes*2
A swimsuit*1(Free gift for Preorder)

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222411
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222412
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222513
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222613
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222813
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222814
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17222911
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17223012
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17223013
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17223114
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17223211
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 17223212

#newproduct #VSToys #AyanamiRei #female #headsculpt #clothing #student #accessory #Anime-based

csyeung

csyeung
I kinda like the headsculpt. This is based on Evangelion, right? I never managed to sit through the whole series haha.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Until the swimsuit (although I suppose one-piece is sorta old fashioned) I was going to say "Wow, that is a pretty conservative look for anime, how refreshing!" Smile

Diana

Diana
I'm getting my hopes up for seeing a series of Sailor Moon figures... bounce

Though I'd still prefer rooted hair. Neutral

Theflyingman

This is actually really nice. Does anyone know if vs toys products looks drastically different from promo to actual product? I got a few of their earlier outfits and felt severely ripped off. But that was before they ventured into putting out heads of their own etc. Thanks.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Theflyingman wrote:This is actually really nice. Does anyone know if vs toys products looks drastically different from promo to actual product? I got a few of their earlier outfits and felt severely ripped off. But that was before they ventured into putting out heads of their own etc. Thanks.

VS Toys is pretty good at going from promotion to production in my experience.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I think they nailed this HS. It's a perfect rendition of Rei in a more realistic style, IMO. Though they're recommending the S26A body, I would go with a S44 - same height, smaller breasts and slimmer limbs.

This outfit is iconic, she wears it for almost the whole series (at least in the old one).

Now I'm hoping for an Asuka in this style, my favorite character. Please, VS Toys! I'll even buy Rei to pair with her.

Theflyingman

Thanks xavion!

csyeung

csyeung
I got this in the other day so I'll just post some pics and a brief review. I'm not sure why I bought this, I think it was more for the loose clothing parts.

I feel that this is a mixed bag.I usually don't buy anime characters, but the sculpt looked good in the promos and I feel that the final product actually came out nice. It IS a bit on the pinkish side. I'm not sure if the newer bodies have a slight pinkish hue or not, but it's pink compared to a 16a I have. The recommended body is a 26a and I guess not having one, the best I can do is try it on a 25b that I have, which is a bit bigger and it's a suntan. I usually avoid getting pale bodies because it's so hard to find headsculpts to match. In this case, the headsculpt is definitely made for a pale body as you can see in the photos. It will not match the suntan version at all.

The clothes are ok. I feel the blue skirt is probably the highlight. It's nicely tailored and on the outside part of the straps, there is a small wire to help keep it's shape. On the side is a split with those plastic clip buttons. It's to make the waist area wider so you can get it onto the body easier. The downside is they have velcro to help keep it together and while it does keep it holding together, I'm not sure how appealing that is aesthetically as you can kinda see it from the side/back still. Also, it's very tight around the waist on the 25b. I don't know if the 26a is much narrower or not.

The same case is true for the white shirt. The front is only held by a super thick piece of velcro. Since I'm using the bigger 25b, it barely holds in the tatas. The velcro you can definitely see though, I  think even if you had a smaller body,  it may still be visible. The other pieces like the underwear/bathing suit and socks are made with the same black stretch material. It's not the best material, I've seen better. They don't seem to be anything super special. The shoe is nicely sculpted, but if you are grabbing these parted out, be aware that the peg hole looks very small, for use with the smaller tbleague bodies i think. I tried and tried to get the foot off but gave up so my pics don't include the shoes. I remember switching them once before and it took forever. The shoes themselves are molded with black paint for the ankle area. The ribbon is just a thin ribbon. Doesn't look that special either. The schoolbag/soft brief case however, does look pretty good, with working straps. It's filled with a foamie to give it the square form.

So Pros are the blue dress, head sculpt and the schoolbag/brief. The shirt, ribbon, bathing suit, socks, underwear are meh. In fact the underwear piece looks like a small piece of cloth, not much better than what comes with the older 16a/17b tbleague bodies. The shoes are nicely sculpted but no weathering and I assume the area where the plastic joins with the socks probably will look a bit off if you looked too closely.

The cons is that this looks to be specifically tailored for a smaller body so if you are looking to grab this for a bigger body, it will probably won't fit. Also the velcro connections are not the best. I don't like it. I'd rather those clip buttons.

Anyway, I hope this helps other collectors if they were considering getting this set. Oh I forgot, the box was actually nicely made with the magnetic side. The photo on front though, I'm sure they just grabbed that off google.

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04819
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04910
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04912
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04911
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04913
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc04914

rootleaf

rootleaf
I just received the VSToys 21XG81 set today (I got mine from OneSixthKit) along with the S26A body. I agree with Craig, you'll be disappointed if you attempt to put these clothes on a body larger than a S26A. It was already tight trying to get the clothes on the smaller body but I think it works really well. One minor thing is I had to snip one end of the black socks so that the foot peg would fit into the shoes. Other than that, I highly recommend the set because the figure looks like the pre-production photos that we were introduced to. I took some photos of my own so you could see for yourself, especially if you are still on the fence.

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0416

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0415

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0418

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0419

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, rootleaf. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very nice photos. That’s a very good pose for her, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set C8485110

rootleaf

rootleaf
Thanks, it's the least I could do considering how much I have learned from you and everyone else on this forum.

Diana

Diana
Oooooh! Beautifully posed and photographed! Great lighting, too! She is one beautiful figure.

valentin

valentin
VS toys stuff sure are more delicate than superduck in my experience... For lack of a more objective way of saying it.... I tore her panties. It was just that tight despite plenty of powder, despite using the recommended body too.

Luckily for the preorder bonus of the swimsuit, Rei chan is quite nonchalant about it.

Some pics,
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 4_swim10
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 4a_swi10
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 4b_swi10

And of the uniform,
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 6_sing10
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc03610

And with her custom doppelganger and some props,
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set 5_grou10
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Dsc03611

I quite appreciate the VS toys headsculpt, as the glancing eyes kinda gives more charactor feels, and more depth.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks good. Too bad about ripping the panties.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Cool photos and I liked the different poses! I considered the Iminitoys version of HS but I didn't think it captured the character that well.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks Valentin & Rootleaf! She looks great with the 26A body. Ordered one via aliexpress.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Hey Craig, hope your S26A arrived from Aliexpress. I picked up another S26A along with a loose head sculpt to display Rei in her bathing suit. As you all can tell, she is fast becoming my favorite figure. Weird thing is I have never watched any of the source material that this figure is inspired by.

NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0710
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0911
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0912
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0910NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0916
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0917
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0918
NEW PRODUCT: VSToys: 1/6 Ayanami Rei student outfit & head sculpt set Fuji0919

csyeung

csyeung
Looks good! Yea, my 26A came in yesterday but I haven't had time to put the kit together, or rather rekit it heh. I watched it once. It was pretty good. I think the major thing about evangalion is that it came at a time when Mech anime was at a lowpoint and everything was really a derivative of what we've seen before. Then the Evangalion mechs came and they were so different that everyone was like whoa! I think it hit the Japanese and Asian Market harder and even though it's a relatively short series, it's beloved in Asia.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I really like the compositions of your photos. She looks really good in them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. While I will not warm up to anime style, the figures are beautifully put together, posed, and photographed.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2011 wrote:I really like the compositions of your photos. She looks really good in them.

Thanks very much, Mark. I was just in the middle of planning a shoot where she is sitting on the edge of a pool with her feet in the water. Then I realized that I needed a bigger bucket! Very Happy

I'll update with new photos if I manage to pull it off.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. While I will not warm up to anime style, the figures are beautifully put together, posed, and photographed.

Thanks, I am the same way. I've never been a fan of anime with the exception of Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rootleaf wrote:Thanks, I am the same way. I've never been a fan of anime with the exception of Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.
My extent of liking anime is pretty much limited to Lupin III -- and not so much for the art style, but I guess I got into it a little bit when it used to come up on Adult Swim.

As far as animated series, I did like the look of Archer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum