OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 25]

shovelchop81

LOL, thought I'd finish his robes first. Started the pattern on his sleeves, same deal as the diamonds but just straight lines (or as straight as I can sew by hand!). I'll have a go at the outer robe too afterwards, might work or might be as disaster Wink .

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 RKWDsJH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 DN3l8AD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Cp6mbjS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 EzoMlz0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WlfeBm5

Rogerbee

Founding Father
You're going great guns here, you may well have found your forte.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:You're going great guns here, you may well have found your forte.

CHEERS!

What sewing? I'll take making armour over that any day of the week! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Iu4HEd9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 W8Nxw8y

Rogerbee

Founding Father
I was thinking more of fantasy/LOTR bashes.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Aha! Well as you know I tend to bounce around from Iron Man to Star Wars to LOTR and the occasional violent ancient warrior or two when the mood takes me...

Done with the sewing on this robe, still need to fashion clasps for it, finish the belt and have ordered some fine tipped Sharpie markers to redo the pattern for the last time. Doing the boots now, will have a go at the outer robe tomorrow I think then it's time to make his glaive/sword.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Y58BhdK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 BO7eNBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 5MVXuBV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 B2P2E91

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You'd never know that they didn't exist till you got your hands on them!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You'd never know that they didn't exist till you got your hands on them!

CHEERS!

Er..What? You just confused the crap out of me now Roger! Laughing Wink

peter the painter

I continue to be surprised at your ability to problem solve in your pursuit of accuracy, and to be amazed at how well you address them.
The robe looks excellent, really looking forward to your next update.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
^^What he said.^^

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

What I meant was that until you built them they weren't ever made in that scale.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

What I meant was that until you built them they weren't ever made in that scale.

CHEERS!

Oh right, got you now, cheers!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
LOL! We all have those moments.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Been busy setting up and reviewing a couple of new airsoft guns as I write and do pictorial reviews on those at another forum too.
I have got some work done on Balin though, completely redid all the embroidery pattern work using new markers and that white one to give me a clean start. I've also been doing a bit of 1/6 cobbling hammering tiny eyelet rivets into his boots for his laces, quite time consuming. I'm also trying a new idea to make his belt accessories as bending little bits of brass wasn't getting the results I want so I'm now planning to use bits of gold model sprues/runners to make them; I still don't even know what they are or what they're for! Laughing
I've also included pics I took for the Asmus Thorin thread and put them here as I'd been planning on showing my 1:1 Dwarf weapon collection here anyway with some comparison pieces from other races in the LOTR world; these are all sharp, heavy and bloody dangerous around bare feet! Thorin's Dwarf sword is way too small sadly and I think his Elven sword is a bit big. You can see my 1/6 versions for comparison.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 JDPIWVP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 MdcSAGD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WG45gut

DONE! NEVER TOUCHING IT AGAIN! tongue

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Qz3t8ID

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AFcbqv2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 HVwVE3j

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AGz9KL9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LkhrFDl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 UtxrqBS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LAekrYF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WeSjx6u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 TEKdI3H

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 CvvyFqm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Fwt9i32

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 DEsoPXT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 2nivMNa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 QxRWmCJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 QBeMgmp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 UjDc5lR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WrKfO9R

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WjeHoyf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 K2v0xnY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 CFU442J

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 OYPYV2g

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 W682lmZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Ewnse2P

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Some very clever stuff going on there. Great looking boots too.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Some very clever stuff going on there. Great looking boots too.

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! They're still a ways from being done though, got milliput to do etc..

Been concentrating on the outer robe now so lots of cutting and sewing with a bit of glue to help keep the edging in place as I still need to sew all that before I can even start on the complex shoulder parts or that dreaded gold pattern etc..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 RHteeDN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 CpSuOks

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Sd68hpD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AA0Tfho

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 OWsEMRH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 O6sAW5r

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 SBUS8db

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 V6i6p23

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 EfmL13e

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 M8mSeWJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 6PIEqIO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 NPNXdTs

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just to show it fitted after the borders were sewn on, I'll wire it or something so not to hide all the work underneath in poses.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 L31kPdq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AUfNJqE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 TUVVgXV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Jc4erH1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 YDnxiJs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 XmYAAAS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 PDn9dqt

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Seeing it together like that makes him look so good, he'll be a cracker when he's finished. These are certainly your best work yet.

CHEERS!

peter the painter

All your painstaking work is certainly paying off, looking great.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is a marvel. Looking really cool. A lot of hard work is definitely paying off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your attention to detail, while entirely appropriate, continues to amaze. Keep up the great work.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:I continue to be surprised at your ability to problem solve in your pursuit of accuracy, and to be amazed at how well you address them.
The robe looks excellent, really looking forward to your next update.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much Peter! Sorry I missed replying there, got confused by my own thread! LOL.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Seeing it together like that makes him look so good, he'll be a cracker when he's finished. These are certainly your best work yet.

CHEERS!

peter the painter wrote:All your painstaking work is certainly paying off, looking great.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011 wrote:That is a marvel. Looking really cool. A lot of hard work is definitely paying off.

GubernatorFan wrote:Your attention to detail, while entirely appropriate, continues to amaze. Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys! It's slow going but we'll get there! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Indeed we will....

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Indeed we will....

CHEERS!

Thanks for your patience and mine! Laughing

More sewing to make his arm bands on the outer robe, I used a suede material for this from a jewellery gift bag or fancy pen presentation cover, I forget where it came from aside from my bag of red bits! Used wrap cord from an old pair of Korean fisherman trousers I wore out long ago for the black. Shoulder pads next..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Py9rAAC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 77D2uH5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 NI1kYsq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 RoXlt6Y

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 4aJItBh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 NFIaXlQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 E3QjbiA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 RRkUoHm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 MRYTBmb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 K7UqADK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 A7gkjFY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 6PIEqIO

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Great work!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Great work!

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger! I went ahead and did a gold geometric pattern last night, I took the plunge as I didn't want to be faffing with it for weeks like the borders! It's not even close but should convey a Dwarvish pattern in gold on red, just made it up as I went along including vertical and 45 degree lines with some bisecting short lines too, the idea is to look the part from a distance. I've also removed a lot of the foam from inside the main robe to give it a more natural drape, well that's the idea; I may still need to use wires on his clothing. I'll be giving him a belly too, trying to find some small hook and eyelet clasps for his main robe first, I know they're somewhere just not sure where! Embarassed

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 N88ZlRp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Bd4C46M

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 SxtpZ9N

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WYxsCHl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Qkm49zg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 TG8zKoZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 3wWVRjL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 QFfXfVj

dadrab

dadrab
Outstanding, brah.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks ready to me but you're a perfectionist. And who could blame you? Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He looks ace!

CHEERS!