OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 25]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Another winner in the making!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Another winner in the making!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! They'll look much better after I've added some sepia ink etc..

peter the painter

Nori is looking great, everything is coming together really well.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looking good, so far. Nice details on the jacket and boots.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
This build just continues to blow my mind. The amount of detail is awesome. And wait a minute, am I understanding correctly that you're printing the trim directly on fabric? I didn't know that could be done. That's some real wizardry! Can you tell us a bit more on that (or did I miss that in an earlier post)?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good, so far. Nice details on the jacket and boots.

Cheers Stryker, I think I've added more than the coat actually has! LOL.

ReverendSpooky wrote:This build just continues to blow my mind.  The amount of detail is awesome.  And wait a minute, am I understanding correctly that you're printing the trim directly on fabric?  I didn't know that could be done.  That's some real wizardry!  Can you tell us a bit more on that (or did I miss that in an earlier post)?

Thanks RS! I've used printing on material for many years now so I didn't really cover it. I've used it on all the Dwarves so far, the actual printing is easy if you just follow the instructions that come with it; the printing is the easy part! It's all the virtual cutting and pasting, resizing, contorting etc.. that does my head in! Then there's the real hands on cutting and pasting, sewing etc.. to do afterwards too. pic of the raw materials:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 FqbgzWm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 4BTcZnG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 SK5QjlB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QL1hTbg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 TZ0vyq5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 2TDKDuP

Inked the boots, made and painted the gauntlets (still need to do the back of the gloves) and added more fabric printed patterns to his shoulders with matching ink to the material. Belt's mostly done too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 VZ2ai80

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 EuLfIhJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 L5GbAvz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 HX6RRAT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 2K0xdcW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 9PMImxR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 PkvqbTR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 JXh7KsY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 9ZRfHmb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 P6xrWZ4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 X44b6bN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Of0UUKl

peter the painter

JUST AMAZING! you are pulling out all the stops on these figures, really enjoyable to see.

my personal favourite view of your Nori custom so far.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 43768836654_5b4e86fda8_o9ZRfHmb by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:JUST AMAZING! you are pulling out all the stops on these figures, really enjoyable to see.

my personal favourite view of your Nori custom so far.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 43768836654_5b4e86fda8_o9ZRfHmb by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you so much Peter, that means a lot to me!

Painted his coat and boots a more movie accurate tan rather than just grey, spent all day making his metal lace up system, square eyelets? And a mounting system for it as I'd never made anything quite like it before that I can think of. Anyway, all sewn in place now and laced up, making the finishing touches for the belt too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 RunW1l2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 9OWhUGF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 HG66gBJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Kpb6knO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QqqUycV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 1KhDF3i

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 MCUiwsa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 KVEt5ZP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QOtxrjk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Ay5OZ0V

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 NPTBosV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 L3P8aWY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 UlGmjd4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 DkEKg6G

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 9uBvZOy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 6S5mhDi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 VSv781u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 PGzxcJx

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work on this costume. Very impressive, including your patience with the eyelets.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful work on this costume. Very impressive, including your patience with the eyelets.

Thanks GF! After looking at the source material and comparing it to my pics I decided the eyelets looked way too big which really bugged me so I came up with any easy fix, twisted each large one with angled pointed pliers to create a small pair of triangular eyelets that are now to scale and look more accurate too; the lacing looks more intricate and interesting as a result.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 L1sWx6U

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 UY2hb6T

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 EL4tpQv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 PkvqbTR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 YAPTuO9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 NLexbyC

This is how the 'ties' of the laces will sit

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Y1jf1DC

peter the painter

Very nice work on the eyelets Alex, love the gauntlets and boots too.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It appears to have worked! Good solution.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote: Very nice work on the eyelets Alex, love the gauntlets and boots too.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan wrote:It appears to have worked! Good solution.

Thanks! Need to finish his gloves, weapons, make scabbards and he should be done I think.

Made most of his belt which is now attached and for those with keen eyes will notice I've shortened his coat to a more accurate length. I also thinned it and stitched a bit more for a better look.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 BRWRH6E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 3zLZnVn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 6rk4gbS

peter the painter

Alex, the detail on Nori's costume looks top notch, really enjoying every update.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive progress on Nori. All that thread work is well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Before I knew this thread I did not know much about the Dwarves - there was only Thorin, old Guy, Sausage Guy, Sexy Guy and the rest, but there is much love in their designs. Although I wonder how some of them kept their perfect hair throughout the Journey.

Maybe I have to read their backgrounds to appreciate the Hobbit Triology more. Surprised

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex, the detail on Nori's costume looks top notch, really enjoying every update.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! Just remembered I need to articulate his thighs!

Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive progress on Nori. All that thread work is well done.

Thanks for noticing, I had no margin of error to play with there! The thread is as thick as the gap in the pattern...

Ovy wrote:Before I knew this thread I did not know much about the Dwarves -  there was only Thorin, old Guy, Sausage Guy, Sexy Guy and the rest, but there is much love in their designs. Although I wonder how some of them kept their perfect hair throughout the Journey.

Maybe I have to read their backgrounds to appreciate the Hobbit Triology more. Surprised

LOL, who is 'Sausage guy'? As for keeping their har perfect, they didn't, at least in the barrel ride and ferry to Lake Town scenes LOL. I do wonder just how long it takes them to get dressed though! Crazy amount of buckles and laces to do up!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-9.42.51-pm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Dwarves

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is so well done, some top work!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He is so well done, some top work!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger!! Very Happy

Funny how it's the little things that no one will ever notice that take so long to make like this little boot knife that will be in a scabbard on the back of his leg... plenty of tools and a vice used just to shape it..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 EdaZeCV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Z5YplAL

Not perfect..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 SFUex5f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Uv4tEHs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QnPyhw9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 63qBnG2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 DxgsGdk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Ac47vBS

peter the painter

The knives are a really nice touch, they will look great when they are painted up.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice job, we know they're there and we wouldn't expect anything less.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
It's the details of your builds that make them monumental.

Nice blade.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is super difficult to sculpt a convincing weapon of this type and in this scale. Mine are one-sided and still not convincing... yours promises to look just right when you are done prettying it up. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
With Sausage dwarf I mean Bombur, there was a scene where...well, this scene:

Did he ever say anything throughout the triology? I think he was in charge of the food inventory. The barrel scene was horrible. xD
I really like the head sculpt peter made, I wonder how your Bombur will turn out.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
He has at least one line, it provokes Bifur's only line which is pretty funny and appropriate considering the circumstances (Bifur could speak while the axe was in his head, only a bit of ancient Dwarvish tongue, he couldn't recall the 'common language' due to the brain damage, I think Bombur just had food in his mouth a lot?).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I think, now you've come this far, you'll have to do everyone.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
your resourcefulness never ceaces to amaze! I am not into LOTR but the subject matter allows for a great deal of custom parts projects, you will be busy for a long time Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The knives are a really nice touch, they will look great when they are painted up.
Cheers,
Peter.

Got another two Kukri ones to do as well.

Rogerbee wrote:Nice job, we know they're there and we wouldn't expect anything less.

CHEERS!

Well it's the details that I love about the Dwarven costumes and weapons, just makes them a bugger to replicate in 1/6! Wink

dadrab wrote:It's the details of your builds that make them monumental.

Nice blade.

Thanks dadrab!

GubernatorFan wrote:It is super difficult to sculpt a convincing weapon of this type and in this scale. Mine are one-sided and still not convincing... yours promises to look just right when you are done prettying it up. Smile

Yeah got a bunch more to do, still just tempted to do most of the weapons all together though...

Rogerbee wrote:I think, now you've come this far, you'll have to do everyone.

CHEERS!

Well I might get around to some of the female characters at some point but got loads of Iron Man builds I want to do first.

jaztermareal wrote:your resourcefulness never ceaces to amaze! I am not into LOTR but the subject matter allows for a great deal of custom parts projects, you will be busy for a long time Smile

Too true, nothing off the shelf here! Thank goodness for Peter doing custom sculpts!!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ugh. Just more and more awesomeness. Every time I tune in, I'm again impressed by the ingenuity and attention to detail.

Also, I've never even heard about that printable fabric paper before! Thanks for the heads up on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum