OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom Female Figure NSFW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Custom Female Figure NSFW Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 19:57

Timmaroo

NSFW

Hey I,m new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself.My name is Tim and Im a full time custom airbrush artist and sculptor.

Over twenty years ago i had an idea to build a fully poseable female figure for reference studies.I had searched the internet for ball socket joints for the moveable appendages  and sculpted a 14 inch tall female figure and casted it with urethane rubber mold.Needless to say it came out not as I had hoped so I abandoned the whole idea.Fast forward 15 years later I discovered  that a company had finally had done what I could'nt do in my garage-----The Phicen doll !!!!  Once I had purchased one,I could'nt believe how amazing they were,the steel skeleton,soft rubber skin,the posing possibilities.So over the last few years I've been researching other versions and purchased several more female figures,a few things always bothered me for instance how hard the skin actually was and how it restricted movement in certain areas and how the anatomy of some of these woman looked.I understand that all these companies; Joi Doll,Phicen and Tbleague are Chinese and their view of what the female figure should look like is a little narrow minded in terms of wider hips and larger butts.

So I decided to make my own female figure,one that would have softer skin/flesh,moveable breasts and hip bones underneath the skin and over the last 4 months I succeeded in doing so,keep in mind this is the first protoype and plans on making a more efficient mold is in the works.Let me know what you think or have any questions about it.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f91/20/37/38/72/20210911.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f91/20/37/38/72/20210910.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f91/20/37/38/72/20210912.jpg

2Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 21:48

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Tim,

Interesting and very successful result. The production value looks very professional. You can teach us all sorts of things, although I imagine few of us would attempt that level of work. It struck me as a little funny that you should point out the narrow-minded ideas about what these bodies should look like on the part of TBLeague, etc., and produce a figure that is quite curvy in the same areas -- although in a different way, more naturalistic build overall, and apparently with different capabilities.

Very impressed.

3Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 21:57

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice job. Looks more naturalistic than TBL figures. Hip bones give it a more realistic appearance but are likely to limit the types of clothing that will slip up over the waist. What material did you use for the flesh?

4Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 0:25

brassco

brassco
You posted in the wrong section i believed...

Movable breast? I like to see your videos, pls.

Phicen has achieved seamless dolls, but it is still unbelievable for an individual to design and create such body from sketch up. How flexible is your doll?

5Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 5:01

Diana

Diana
Hello and welcome Timmaroo!

You're off to a fantastic start! She looks beautifully proportioned and I especially love the mid section! The bulk of her shoulders seems to be too far forward maybe... Not sure what's going on there.

If you ever start selling these I'd possibly be in for one. Definitely if you some up with a version that has smaller butt and bust dimensions. The butt especially makes me question whether I'd be able to find any pants to fit her.

If you've been lurking on this board for a while you will have noticed there is quite the demand for small chested female bodies. Just as a tip. Wink

6Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 10:26

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So long as it stays within the bounds of physics and possible human anatomy it's difficult to say if a body type is 'right' or not as there are just so many potential variants, both natural and 'cosmetically enhanced'.

I do like this as a more realistic sort-of midway point between TBL's 'curvy' bodies like the S07 and their 'athletic' S23, but the boobs-waist-butt ratio could still do with a tweak to make it stand out more. I'm not sure how tall your prototype is but most folks here are crying out for shorter, smaller-busted and thicker-waisted female figures than TBL or Jaiou currently offer.

That said, I'd happily buy at least one of these 'as is' if they were on offer at a similar price to TBL.

What about hands and feet, are you considering your own design?

Are you considering experimenting with different skintones? The lack of variant (ethnic) skintones with TBL's bodytypes is their big disadvantage for many collectors.

7Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 13:49

Timmaroo

shazzdan wrote:Nice job. Looks more naturalistic than TBL figures. Hip bones give it a more realistic appearance but are likely to limit the types of clothing that will slip up over the waist. What material did you use for the flesh?

I used smooth on Ecoflex 20

8Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 16:54

Ovy

Ovy
Wow Tim you are a magician! Or enchanter. Welcome.

Did you use an extracted company metal skeleton?
And do you have any idea how the companies make their bodies seamless?

Wishing you success in your further research and experiments.

9Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:42

Timmaroo

Ovy wrote:Wow Tim you are a magician! Or enchanter. Welcome.

Did you use an extracted company metal skeleton?
And do you have any idea how the companies make their bodies seamless?

Wishing you success in your further research and experiments.

Yes,I used and old s07 steel skeleton.I assume the big companies have a tooled metal mold to which they inject the rubber into which produces no seam lines or flashing.

10Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:00

shazzdan

shazzdan
Timmaroo wrote:
shazzdan wrote:Nice job. Looks more naturalistic than TBL figures. Hip bones give it a more realistic appearance but are likely to limit the types of clothing that will slip up over the waist. What material did you use for the flesh?

I used smooth on Ecoflex 20

Platinum-catalyzed silicones have a higher tear strength than other silicones so Ecoflex should be pretty good for these kinds of figures but I don't know how stable the material is under light or heat. Some silicone-rubbers need to be kept in a dark, cool environment to stop them from degrading.

11Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 0:42

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty interesting result. I wonder if the slight seam line flashing can't be "shaved" off with an X-acto knife...?

Since this was originally posted in the New Product thread, He Who Shall Not Be Named wanted these questions posed:

Do you plan to produce a hand made batch/run of the figures or looking to partner with a source with ties to manufacturing?

If so, at what price?

Is this purely from a customizer one-off/limited run or an indirect solicitation for funding?

Why not Kickstarter, etc. for funding if that is the route?

I didn't post all of his questions, as I think one was already answered in the original post.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom Female Figure NSFW C8485110

12Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 2:03

Timmaroo

Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty interesting result. I wonder if the slight seam line flashing can't be "shaved" off with an X-acto knife...?

Since this was originally posted in the New Product thread, He Who Shall Not Be Named wanted these questions posed:

Do you plan to produce a hand made batch/run of the figures or looking to partner with a source with ties to manufacturing?

If so, at what price?

Is this purely from a customizer one-off/limited run or an indirect solicitation for funding?

Why not Kickstarter, etc. for funding if that is the route?

I didn't post all of his questions, as I think one was already answered in the original post.

Wasnt really planning on reproducing a ton of them----just showing off what I made,but if the interest is high enough I would consider making more.As far as the price,it would break down like this; cost of the skeleton,cost of the silicon rubber,Time/labor. It would come out to $250----$300 each I am serious about making shoes (High heels) or guns and that sort of stuff----starting off small.

13Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 2:05

Timmaroo

brassco wrote:You posted in the wrong section i believed...

Movable breast? I like to see your videos, pls.

Phicen has achieved seamless dolls, but it is still unbelievable for an individual to design and create such body from sketch up. How flexible is your doll?

The dolls flesh is quite soft(like a gummy bear) and the flexibility is amazing.

14Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 15:03

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
Hi, and welcome to the fun. I think it's quite impressive that you made this figure yourself. Nice and curvy, I especially love the breast shape.

15Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 16:54

gooboo

Really funny timing that you decided to post this now, since I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing for more or less the same reasons as you. I first got into this hobby looking for a female reference figure for art, but now it's a favorite hobby of mine and I've been planning on doing some custom figure making myself at some point. I'm just starting out with copying a s28/s29 for now however, in order to get the process right.

Custom Female Figure NSFW Mold110

I've already made the mold container for this s29 already, I'll probably try making the mold sometime in October, since I already blew September's toy budget Smile

How did you sculpt the figure that you ultimately made a mold from? Did you do it traditionally with something like sculpey, or did you 3d print it? If you printed it, did you print it yourself or have someone else do it, like Shapeways? I'm working on a new body myself in 3d, but I'm not sure how I'll have it printed yet.

Custom Female Figure NSFW Mold210

I want to try and make a body like the Poptoys small bust X-ing body. Anyways, I would love to see your continued progress on making custom bodies and pick your brain/share ideas.

16Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 17:21

gooboo

Also, did you use a vacuum chamber before pouring the silicone, or did you just pour it into the mold after mixing it?

17Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Thu 30 Sep 2021 - 3:32

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice work!

18Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Thu 30 Sep 2021 - 5:18

Diana

Diana
Exciting stuff!! I'm loving this thread! Thank you creative people! Very Happy

19Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Thu 30 Sep 2021 - 19:27

Timmaroo

gooboo wrote:Really funny timing that you decided to post this now, since I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing for more or less the same reasons as you. I first got into this hobby looking for a female reference figure for art, but now it's a favorite hobby of mine and I've been planning on doing some custom figure making myself at some point. I'm just starting out with copying a s28/s29 for now however, in order to get the process right.

Custom Female Figure NSFW Mold110

I've already made the mold container for this s29 already, I'll probably try making the mold sometime in October, since I already blew September's toy budget Smile

How did you sculpt the figure that you ultimately made a mold from? Did you do it traditionally with something like sculpey, or did you 3d print it? If you printed it, did you print it yourself or have someone else do it, like Shapeways? I'm working on a new body myself in 3d, but I'm not sure how I'll have it printed yet.

Custom Female Figure NSFW Mold210

I want to try and make a body like the Poptoys small bust X-ing body. Anyways, I would love to see your continued progress on making custom bodies and pick your brain/share ideas.

I initially sculpted Monster clay over the S07 steel frame and molded it.Your mold box looks exactly like mine,but I suggest removing the leg spacer in the middle for a more sturdy mold.

My thought process is the same as yours,I'm pretty sure the big companies most likely 3d rendered the bodies and frame jig the same way.

My first attempt at pouring the mold was a nightmare, there were bubbles in the silicone rubber from not putting it in a vacuum pot and then on the second try the silicone wouldn't flow down smoothly into the entire mold due to air pockets.

Third time was the charm,I came up with the idea of injecting the silicone up through the neck while positioned with the legs at the top and neck at the bottom....all with a big turkey syringe. Came out beautiful!!!! except for the parting line but I have a solution for the next mold.

So excited that we are on the same level of thinking, would like to get your ph number to discuss in intricate details.

20Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Fri 1 Oct 2021 - 0:37

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that is definitely interesting. The change is noticeable once you compare side by side the bodies.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Custom Female Figure NSFW 1f60e

21Custom Female Figure NSFW Empty Re: Custom Female Figure NSFW Sat 16 Oct 2021 - 18:31

gooboo

I decided to start a new thread in the tutorial section covering custom seamless figure creation if anyone here is interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum