OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Info Please

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Info Please Empty Need Info Please Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:32 am

Mom of Matt

Hi, this is my first time on a toy forum, actually any forum. I'm curious if anyone here can tell me what toy army vehicle or toy army set this satellite or radio antenna belongs with. I'm trying to sort through my son's army toys & put which items belong with what guys or sets. He's autistic, just turned 21, but recently decided to start playing with his G.I. Joe & other brand military stuff again (after being stored for 10 yrs in 2 different closets). Unfortunately the boxes & instructions are long gone (if only I knew 15 yrs ago what I know now, I would have kept those instructions).
Need Info Please 20211010

2Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Google image search did not identify this, so I hope someone who would recognize it would notice it and let us know. Possibly something on top of which fits a rotating part (gun, propeller, wheel?) or a detachable or ejectable part, so possibly this came with a vehicle or diorama. My guess is a vehicle canopy meant for mounting a gun. Good luck.

3Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Mom of Matt

Thanks so much for your answer GubernatorFan. I used the Google lens search as well & came up with nothing. Google lens has been a huge help identifying what gear & clothes go with each guy. Thanks again. :-)

4Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just searched for images of vintage G.I. Joe and Action Man vehicles, etc., since this looks like some sort of satellite dish, but I couldn’t find it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Need Info Please C8485110

5Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t know how much this will help, but if you look at the bottom left hand corner of the picture, it looks like this piece was attached to another piece and broke off. I would look for other pieces in a similar color and texture and see if you can possibly find the match that way. As Gubernatorfan mentioned, the most likely source is a bigger piece like a vehicle or large stand of some sort.

6Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome, I wish I had been more helpful. I agree with Xavion, this does seem to have broken off of something else. There is a chance it might have been some sort of radar dish from a vehicle?

7Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:40 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Perhaps it might help to see it at some other angles and/or from the other side?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:55 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think I may have found a possibility. I think it’s the radar dish off of the Mobile Command Center, though it doesn’t look the same:

Need Info Please 51d6f910
Need Info Please 3def1810

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Need Info Please C8485110

9Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Given what you have found, Mark, I bet that is it -- from a different vehicle. I thought it might be that all along, but frankly I'm not knowledgeable enough about G I Joe (etc) products to be positive they made those.

10Need Info Please Empty Re: Need Info Please Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 am

doodlehobby

I think this may be part of an obscure military toy line and not G.I. Joe. As Xavion has stated, it's a broken piece off a vehicle or play set.

If you have G.I. Joe vehicles and/or play sets, I suggest looking at yojoe.com as they have quite an extensive archive of what was released. They have extensive images (including box art and instructions) that may help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum