OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Funnies (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

83OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 04, 2019 12:56 pm

MerylAkiba

Not really 1/6, but based on action figures
I forgot the episode, but it was funny seeing a bunch of cobra troopers relaxing, watching tv, playing pool, and one drinking coffee and eating a potato or a really large empanada
OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 RJ52Vpt

84OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 pm

BAD WOLF-787

Very cool GubernatorFan.  Laughing

85OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sun May 05, 2019 6:30 am

Eph

Laughing Thanks for all the entertainment here !

86OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you like it, Bad Wolf and Ephiane!

Meryl, I have been wondering if the animated image could be reproduced in sixth-scale, but apart from the sourcing of the right items, I suppose the facial expression would be a bit difficult to find... unless one of those Facepool heads works for it. But it does remind me, that given a little time, one could "translate" funny images and memes into sixth-scale as well...

87OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:Continuing with the superhero mockery from the previous page...

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Yonduf10

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Yonduf11

For more of the makeshift custom Yondu, see HERE

I can say he was paid so much patience to hear the first 2 rules..... What a Face Hahahahahaaha

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

88OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 5:21 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Kamiko and Pinky state The obvious.  

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 47775529622_ffcc71b2a9_z4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

89OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Kamiko and Pinky make a discovery in the post apocalyptic desert wasteland.  

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 47775549362_4c138d4a23_b1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

It seems to remind Kamiko of something else however.

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 46911496035_1bc3d7aaa5_b2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 47775544342_e77f9fb222_b3A by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

90OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 6:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As Captain Obvious, I can only relate... Smile

91OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 6:46 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:As Captain Obvious, I can only relate... Smile

It never ceases to amaze me how post apocalyptic fiction seems to completely gloss over things like toilet paper. It's like no-one in "The Walking Dead" ever seems to go to the bathroom.

92OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how post apocalyptic fiction seems to completely gloss over things like toilet paper.  It's like no-one in "The Walking Dead" ever seems to go to the bathroom.  

Very funny. And so true. I'd probably die within a day without a crap-load of TP (pun intended).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 C8485110

93OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Sat May 11, 2019 11:47 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how post apocalyptic fiction seems to completely gloss over things like toilet paper.  It's like no-one in "The Walking Dead" ever seems to go to the bathroom.  

Very funny. And so true. I'd probably die within a day without a crap-load of TP (pun intended).

Hell, i think it would be one of the most valuable items in the post-apocalyptic black market.

94OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Owd0110

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Owd0210

Yes, even Jedi masters like Obi-Wan ( Ben ) Kenobi can get depressed...

95OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:50 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Owd0110

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Owd0210

In other words, eat pizza, drink beer, feel sorry for yourself and sleep half the day.

96OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, GF!  

Btw... did you modify a HT Obi-Wan headsculpt??? It looks great! 

I'm still waiting for that figure...and have seen very little signs of it even in parted out form on ebay....  is it even out yet?? confused

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

97OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:42 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
... and hide out on a remote planet almost no one has ever heard of, on an even more remote island.

Funny, but true bit, Guv. No wonder Hamill wasn’t happy with what they did to his character — yet it didn’t stop him from collecting that paycheck...

98OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:In other words, eat pizza, drink beer, feel sorry for yourself and sleep half the day.  

Yes, but not quite -- lie around all day (presumably your guilt would keep you from peacefully sleeping at least some of the time), for a generation (or what is it supposed to have been, 18 years?).

skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, GF! Btw... did you modify a HT Obi-Wan headsculpt??? It looks great! I'm still waiting for that figure...and have seen very little signs of it even in parted out form on ebay....  is it even out yet?? confused

Thanks, glad you liked it. The sculpt is only modified in terms of having lost its integral neck so it could be used on all types of bodies. It is a really good sculpt, although the resemblance to Ewen McGregor is not always as strong as I'd like -- then again I don't remember that much from those movies (not a stab). Yes, the figure is out, I've seen it parted at both Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot, got some pieces from both.

Stryker2011 wrote:... and hide out on a remote planet almost no one has ever heard of, on an even more remote island. Funny, but true bit, Guv. No wonder Hamill wasn’t happy with what they did to his character — yet it didn’t stop him from collecting that paycheck...

Exactly. Although I don't blame Hamill. If anyone deserved to benefit from these new travesties, it is people like him (and Ford and Fisher).

99OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:25 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, glad you liked it. The sculpt is only modified in terms of having lost its integral neck so it could be used on all types of bodies. It is a really good sculpt, although the resemblance to Ewen McGregor is not always as strong as I'd like -- then again I don't remember that much from those movies (not a stab). Yes, the figure is out, I've seen it parted at both Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot, got some pieces from both.

Ah, yes, that's what I meant... the de-necking. Well I'm glad to see that it worked so well. I want to do the same to a HT Anakin head, but still trying to figure out how to work around the longer hair in the back. :/

Regarding the likeness, I've seen some criticism of it, but it's not too bad. A bit 'idealized' I'd say but still better than many previous sculpts of Prequels-era Obi-Wan, that's for sure. Just like with the Anakin sculpt, while it was perhaps not 100% accurate likeness, it was still the best official one I'd seen so far. And this Obi-Wan sculpt looks great in your photos! Smile

And good to know it's out... maybe I haven't see it here yet as it's taking a bit longer to arrive in the UK? I've just been getting anxious waiting for it to show up here finally...

100OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, yes, that's what I meant... the de-necking. Well I'm glad to see that it worked so well. I want to do the same to a HT Anakin head, but still trying to figure out how to work around the longer hair in the back. :/

Regarding the likeness, I've seen some criticism of it, but it's not too bad. A bit 'idealized' I'd say but still better than many previous sculpts of Prequels-era Obi-Wan, that's for sure. Just like with the Anakin sculpt, while it was perhaps not 100% accurate likeness, it was still the best official one I'd seen so far. And this Obi-Wan sculpt looks great in your photos! Smile

And good to know it's out... maybe I haven't see it here yet as it's taking a bit longer to arrive in the UK? I've just been getting anxious waiting for it to show up here finally...

Possibly it takes longer to arrive in the UK -- I can't really advise you there, as I wouldn't know. I think the sculpt is better in hand than in my photos, which do not not quite give it justice. I have reconstituted an HT Anakin, and think the likeness is amazing (but again, I don't remember these movies that well). I thought of modifying the neck on principle, but so far the long hair challenge has dissuaded me. It is possible to do the modification -- I've done it with others, though I can't think of the specifics right now -- just more difficult, as you have to slice from the inside out as opposed to the more natural outside in (but with the long hair remaining intact -- hopefully -- any resulting imperfections, though harder to fix, would be concealed).

101OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:40 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

Possibly it takes longer to arrive in the UK -- I can't really advise you there, as I wouldn't know. I think the sculpt is better in hand than in my photos, which do not not quite give it justice. I have reconstituted an HT Anakin, and think the likeness is amazing (but again, I don't remember these movies that well). I thought of modifying the neck on principle, but so far the long hair challenge has dissuaded me. It is possible to do the modification -- I've done it with others, though I can't think of the specifics right now -- just more difficult, as you have to slice from the inside out as opposed to the more natural outside in (but with the long hair remaining intact -- hopefully -- any resulting imperfections, though harder to fix, would be concealed).
Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... 

And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Sorry to go on a tangent... now back to Kenobi drowning his sorrows... ;p

102OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Yes, exactly. I just pulled it out of a box (you're in luck I was organizing recently so I found it very easily) and am looking at it. I think I'll give it a try and post the results in the head modification tutorial. Stay tuned. Smile

103OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As far as modifying the Anakin head sculpt, I would think it isn't really all that different from a head with shorter hair. Obviously you cut around the long hair, but then (as you keep heating the head up), you have to shave the inside of the neck and hair until you reach the desired depth to the neck, or chin, area. If that makes sense.

104OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Yes, exactly. I just pulled it out of a box (you're in luck I was organizing recently so I found it very easily) and am looking at it. I think I'll give it a try and post the results in the head modification tutorial. Stay tuned. Smile

Oooh, I am excite. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum