OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chez Louis pour la Toussaint (updated with Part II: Review; photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Very nice ics and review.
It's a great figure overall, lots of nice details and quite a good fit for the elaborate outfit. I still think the head sculpt has a bit of Travolta going on, but maybe a repaint could bring out more of Pitt?

Thank you very much! Now that you mention it, yes, I can see a bit of Travolta in there (though the nose and forehead are different). It still looks sufficiently well as Pitt for me. I don't know if I will be messing with the paint, but who knows? What do you think would make it more Pitt-like in terms of paint?

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the more detailed review. I have been eyeing this one for a while, and your review did nothing to dissuade me, lol.

Oddly I think the 'sad' headsculpt is a slightly better Brad Pitt likeness when looking at it straight on, but both sculpts 'work' just fine once on the body and posed. Though it is a bit strange that one headsculpt has a longer sculpted part of the neck than the other.

You might have already answered this (apologies if I missed it), but where did you get those LED braziers?

You are very welcome. I agree on the sculpts. I just noticed the neck difference after you brought it up -- no idea why they differ, but it confirms my impression the head sculpts are not completely identical -- the overall neckpiece length ends up being the about the same anyway.

You didn't miss anything, I did not discuss the LED braziers. They came parted out from those POP Toys Henry V sets with a throne. They come in six parts: base and capital (which are identical), stem, dish, a small ball-like light and battery compartment with a couple of batteries that you separate with a little plastic tab to turn off the light, and the translucent molded flame that you place on top. The whole thing fits very precariously, so if you have a safe way of storing it complete, it may be advisable to apply a little glue, especially to where the stem attaches to the base and capital; maybe even to the places where the dish rests on the capital; but you need to keep the battery compartment and the flame loose so you can turn it on and off.

Valiarde wrote:Haha this one mad me laugh. The "expression" of Pitt is priceless and very fitting to this scene. Very Happy   "Ummm, I..take this head...thank you..."

Very nice lighting and super cool figures. I often thought about getting the vampire, cause of the awesome outfit. Nice to see it in detial cheers

Thank you very much! I'm delighted it made you laugh, that was its purpose. Did you also notice he handed the head right over to the goblin, preferring to focus on the girl (and her neck)? Smile

ahbake wrote:I think the problem with the sculpts is that the upper lip is wrong, BP's is a lot straighter, not heart shaped like in the sculpts. Also the cleft not he chin is too pronounced on the rooted hair version, as well as the eyebrows being the wrong shape... so there's a lot of BP there, I just think some details are wrong, which throw the sculpt off for me.

There is something, but I'm not sure what it is. In most images the upper lip may be vertically narrower, maybe a little less wavy, but it really varies. The eyebrows too. Look at the photos below. I think you are right the cleft in the chin is not very noticeable on the real Pitt. All these details are more pronounced on the loose hair head sculpt than on the other one. The loose hair head sculpt is intended to look more disheveled, and that was probably their rationale for the bushier eyebrows.

Chez Louis pour la Toussaint (updated with Part II: Review; photo heavy) - Page 2 5d30c24c36e03c2aa936c1d4?width=700

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, if you are a stickler for exact likeness, I can understand. I personally want this figure to use as a totally different character rather than Louis, so the impression is good enough for me. ;p

I looked up the live action manifestation of the Beast (Dan Stevens?) and I can see how these heads would work quite well for your purposes, perhaps with a little bit of modification.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

Beautiful, that light filter really creates a great mood. And of course intsillygent gubernational practical bodyhorrmor.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Beautiful, that light filter really creates a great mood. And of course intsillygent gubernational practical bodyhorrmor.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And I will take intsillygent as a compliment, since as usual I was aiming at something like that, even if I didn't know what to call it! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks for the additional photos, Ian. The whole figure looks really cool, and it's nice to see a costume like this -- something different for a change. I didn't care for the movie (or the books), but the figure as a stand alone is really nice and could be used for something unrelated to vampires.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the additional photos, Ian. The whole figure looks really cool, and it's nice to see a costume like this -- something different for a change. I didn't care for the movie (or the books), but the figure as a stand alone is really nice and could be used for something unrelated to vampires.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them. It is pretty great. Like I said, I'm not that much into the movie or subject (vampires), but like the figure for how well done it is. And the same with so many other products, independent of who and what they portray, if they have the potential to stand in for more than one thing -- or if they would be a kitbashing goldmine, I suppose.

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome figure! I think I prefer the rooted hair headsculpt, but both carry a strong likeness to my eyes! Do you have Lestat as well?

(loved the short photostory, Emma Watson totally fits the ambiance!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Awesome figure! I think I prefer the rooted hair headsculpt, but both carry a strong likeness to my eyes! Do you have Lestat as well? (loved the short photostory, Emma Watson totally fits the ambiance!)

Thank you very much, Alex, I'm glad you liked it and the photography. And I agree. I don't have a Lestat -- I don't think they have ever made one, although I am toying with the idea of putting one together (the biggest challenge would be finding a reasonable outfit). I'm not very invested in this, but still looking into it. The photostory was partly incidental, with a set of photos intended for a review, but there is a bit of a narrative there, and some of it is purposefully left ambivalent. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum