OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brand:JXK Last name: 1/6 Mikuni Hanako 货: JXK094 Weight: 1369g Materials: Fat, leather, metal Length: Height: 39×13×34cm 截单间: December 13, 2021 Det. 2: Second season 2022 现货:648 yuan Yuye, (censored) Customer Clothes Caution: Wholesale leather fittings Seiyuan: Bikoku Hanahana ×1 × 1 Product:JXK Name:1/6 American Paint Horse No.:JXK094 Weight:1369g Material:Resin、Leather、Metal Size:length width height:39×13×34cm Perorder is available before:13.12.2021 Release date:The second quarter of 2022 Notice:The harness can disassemble List:American Paint Horse×1 Harness×1 Brand: JXK Name: 1/6 American Flower Horse Product ID:JXK094 Weight: 1369g Material: Resin, leather, metal Size: 39×13×34cm Time of order: 2021.12.13 Shipping time: Q2 2022 Specification: American Flower and Horse ×1 Harness × 1

NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01370911
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371011
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371212
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371213
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371311
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371412
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371413
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371513
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371512
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371611
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371711
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371812
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371813
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371912
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01371913
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372010
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372111
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372110
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372210
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372310
NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK 01372410

#newproduct #JXKStudio #Pinto #horse #animal #accessory

csyeung

csyeung
i kinda like the look of this horse =D

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I do to. I'm just worried that it's JXK -- making this out of resin means almost no one will carry it (already saw Kit comment that he won't carry it, as he doesn't like their stuff, and the shipping costs would be astronomical). I have my own issues with JXK: bought their camel and it arrived chipped in one of the legs -- found most of the fragments and had to glue them back on, and part of the reins were missing a piece; the distributor contacted the manufacturer -- through my retailer -- and they basically said too bad, so sad).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JXK Studio: 1/6 Pinto Horse JXK094 Animal Model GK C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:I do to. I'm just worried that it's JXK -- making this out of resin means almost no one will carry it (already saw Kit comment that he won't carry it, as he doesn't like their stuff, and the shipping costs would be astronomical). I have my own issues with JXK: bought their camel and it arrived chipped in one of the legs -- found most of the fragments and had to glue them back on, and part of the reins were missing a piece; the distributor contacted the manufacturer -- through my retailer -- and they basically said too bad, so sad).

oh! that's unfortunate to hear. Resin cast makes it much more fragile and heavy too. Afraid of what the price point will be.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
An attractive horse (I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert). Especially liked the shot with the samurai-headed guy and the dog. But I'm also wary about resin, especially of what was discussed recently.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The overall sculpt is quite cute, I like it. Though it does seem rather similar-ish in pose to the recent Mr. Z Thoroughbred, albeit maybe somewhat smaller?

I'm not overly keen on the coat colours, but that's moreso just because I am very nitpicky about that and even Mr. Z coat colours can leave a bit to be desired. That said, I think a rehair of the mane on some of these would make a world of difference.

Not sure if I'd go for it or not, guess it depends on the price (and quality, as Stryker noted).

ETA: Perhaps this doesn't matter to some, but I REALLY wish that they'd make at least SOME of these 1/6 horses mares. They are ALL stallions. It's just totally unrealistic for everyone to be riding fully intact male horses. Most people ride geldings or mares. Ok, just my little rant. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m with you, sky. This seems to be an issue with animals of all species made in this scale — apparently these pervy sculptors enjoy making wedding tackle.

Delanie

Delanie
The colour was the first thing I noticed Think I prefer the mrz horses and would like another if they ever come out and machinegun gets their stock.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the materials used between the two?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Delanie wrote:The colour was the first thing I noticed Think I prefer the mrz horses and would like another if they ever come out and machinegun gets their stock.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the materials used between the two?

I'm not sure, but Mr. Z's resin might not be as brittle, perhaps?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:I do to. I'm just worried that it's JXK -- making this out of resin means almost no one will carry it (already saw Kit comment that he won't carry it, as he doesn't like their stuff, and the shipping costs would be astronomical). I have my own issues with JXK: bought their camel and it arrived chipped in one of the legs -- found most of the fragments and had to glue them back on, and part of the reins were missing a piece; the distributor contacted the manufacturer -- through my retailer -- and they basically said too bad, so sad).

Doesn't matter what the manufacturer or distributor said because the retailer is legally liable if the product isn't fit for purpose. If you bought it through the retailer then your contract was with them, not the the distributor or manufacturer, so the retailer is in breach of contract. You would win if you lodged a complaint with the BBB or small claims court. The retailer would have to give a replacement or refund and then try and get compensation from the distributor. The distributor would have breached their contract with the retailer so they would have to compensate the retailer. And so on back up through the chain.

That's the benefit of buying from a retailer instead of the distributor or manufacturer. If we buy from a retailer, we are covered by consumer protection laws in addition to contract law.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
…I’ve seen worse. 😅
It’s definitely not on the same level as the Mr Z horses but they aren’t bad! Regarding the paintjob, the black tobiano isn’t half bad pattern-wise but the others aren’t quite right, though I appreciate the effort. The tack is just cringey though. The saddle might be ok with some tweaking and without the two elastic girths but the bridle is a bit of a lost cause.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, yes, the tack on these 1/6 horses is often so bad I don't even bother to comment on it -- my eyes glaze over and my brain goes 'does not compute'. Laughing

Mostly though, I'm just finding the markings on these to be rather distracting. They don't seem to ring true to how the coat patterns actually work...particular the faces. The 'bay' pinto has a fully white patch on its muzzle which just looks wrong because even a horse with a completely 'white' face would still have a pink (or grey) muzzle.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:

Doesn't matter what the manufacturer or distributor said because the retailer is legally liable if the product isn't fit for purpose. If you bought it through the retailer then your contract was with them, not the the distributor or manufacturer, so the retailer is in breach of contract. You would win if you lodged a complaint with the BBB or small claims court. The retailer would have to give a replacement or refund and then try and get compensation from the distributor. The distributor would have breached their contract with the retailer so they would have to compensate the retailer. And so on back up through the chain.

That's the benefit of buying from a retailer instead of the distributor or manufacturer. If we buy from a retailer, we are covered by consumer protection laws in addition to contract law.

I received a refund. The retailer, as I was told, got screwed.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Oh no... I ordered the lion from Giantoy. I hope it'll be ok! Certainly the packaging of Giantoy leaves nothing to be desired.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Oh no... I ordered the lion from Giantoy. I hope it'll be ok! Certainly the packaging of Giantoy leaves nothing to be desired.

If I remember correctly, I did too. Yeah, the packaging should help from Giantoy. I’m not sure what caused the issue with mine, as it was packaged fine — I believe the issue came about from the factory— lack of quality control.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:That's the benefit of buying from a retailer instead of the distributor or manufacturer. If we buy from a retailer, we are covered by consumer protection laws in addition to contract law.

Serves them right. They would have known about the quality control issues from the supplier and should have opened the box and checked that it was ok before selling it to you. If they are simply drop-shipping then they assume the risk for these kinds of issues and build the cost of more frequent customer refunds into their pricing structure. The retailer wasn't screwed, it is a standard part of the cost of doing business in the retail industry and we pay for that at the checkout through their padded profit margin.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:I do to. I'm just worried that it's JXK -- making this out of resin means almost no one will carry it

Can you explain a bit more, how is JXK different from MrZ, both should be made of resin or am I wrong?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From what I’ve seen, yes, both companies use resin. But just from feel, I think (but don’t quote me) Mr. Z uses some sort of hollow resin (at least for the heaviest part of the bodies). They don’t feel nearly as heavy as that solid camel that I got. And it could be a different formula as well, if there is such a thing.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:From what I’ve seen, yes, both companies use resin. But just from feel, I think (but don’t quote me) Mr. Z uses some sort of hollow resin (at least for the heaviest part of the bodies). They don’t feel nearly as heavy as that solid camel that I got. And it could be a different formula as well, if there is such a thing.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I once had a very heavy horse (don'T remember which company right now before I sold it again) and a very lightweight "hollow" one. So I guess I know what you mean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum