OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Western gang

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Western gang Empty Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:33 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Just some shots of my small collection of Western themed figures so far.

Western gang Dsc02714
Western gang Dsc02715
Western gang Dsc02716

"Let's go blast some elk!"

Western gang Dsc02717

2Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice! I only have one so far but plan on expanding my collection.

Western gang DrgHzgW

3Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool, Craig. I wonder, is it Arthur with the guns, or Arthur with the dynamite that wants to “blast” some elk.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Western gang C8485110

4Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:20 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Not exactly "elk blasting" but close.

There was an article about a century ago in the St. Louis Republic newspaper about a cow named Venus that chewed on a stick of dynamite and exploded when it got to the blasting cap (made from mercury fulminate). A less credible story was in a San Jose newspaper a few years later about two steers eating dynamite. The farmer threw a stone and hit one of the steers. That steer promptly blew up, which caused the second steer to also detonate.

Edit: The St. Louis story dates to 1900. The San Jose story dates to 1908.

5Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL now that is an in-depth knowledge of history, Dan -- no, I'm not being sarcastic. The poor bovines. But it is rather comical from this distance...

Craig, the gang looks excellent, I'm glad the Lim Toys acquisitions helped you put it together. And a pretty successful cowgirl too. Be careful with that bearded bald-headed head we have in common -- in my experience a dark colored cap can cause a pretty difficult to remove stain on a head like this. By now you would have probably noticed whether or not that will be a problem.

6Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 pm

csyeung

csyeung
shazzdan wrote:Nice! I only have one so far but plan on expanding my collection.

Western gang DrgHzgW

Very cool looking character! Is that one of the Redman figures?

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool, Craig. I wonder, is it Arthur with the guns, or Arthur with the dynamite that wants to “blast” some elk.

Both? haha. I was actually thinking it was the Morgan with the dynamite. After a long winter in the mountains, I think he's lost a few marbles.

shazzdan wrote:Not exactly "elk blasting" but close.

There was an article about a century ago in the St. Louis Republic newspaper about a cow named Venus that chewed on a stick of dynamite and exploded when it got to the blasting cap (made from mercury fulminate). A less credible story was in a San Jose newspaper a few years later about two steers eating dynamite. The farmer threw a stone and hit one of the steers. That steer promptly blew up, which caused the second steer to also detonate.

Edit: The St. Louis story dates to 1900. The San Jose story dates to 1908.

Haha, that's pretty awesome!

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL now that is an in-depth knowledge of history, Dan -- no, I'm not being sarcastic. The poor bovines. But it is rather comical from this distance...

Craig, the gang looks excellent, I'm glad the Lim Toys acquisitions helped you put it together. And a pretty successful cowgirl too. Be careful with that bearded bald-headed head we have in common -- in my experience a dark colored cap can cause a pretty difficult to remove stain on a head like this. By now you would have probably noticed whether or not that will be a problem.

Thanks! Yea, unfortunately I realized that not too long ago. =(. I put a piece of tissue paper underneath but the stain on mine is pretty bad. I ended up getting a second one off feebay for fairly cheap though. Why? I dunno, maybe just the knowledge that there's a stain just eats at me lol.

7Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:01 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
csyeung wrote:Very cool looking character! Is that one of the Redman figures?
Yep. Redman's Lee Van Cleef. I'm pretty happy with him. After I got him I started watching all the spaghetti westerns that he was in.

8Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks! Yea, unfortunately I realized that not too long ago. =(. I put a piece of tissue paper underneath but the stain on mine is pretty bad. I ended up getting a second one off feebay for fairly cheap though. Why? I dunno, maybe just the knowledge that there's a stain just eats at me lol.

Ouch! Sorry my suspicions were correct, but I'm glad you were able to replace the head. Now you have one to permanently cap or rehair... In my case it happened with a Jason Statham head and a seacaptain's cap -- I was just goofing around. and by the time I thought to take it off, there was black band round his noggin. Luckily I had another one of the same. But it also came off completely (I think) after a long, long period (days, weeks) of applying benzoyl peroxide to the stain. Like you, I'm bothered by the knowledge something isn't right, even if it is not particularly noticeable.

9Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:34 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Who else has some cowboys? Let's see'em.

10Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:32 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
shazzdan wrote:Who else has some cowboys? Let's see'em.

Cool collection. I have got a western horse but no figure yet. The Arthur Morgan/John Marston-Figure is definitely on my shopping list. I loved the computer game RDD 2.

11Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, my favourite is the boss type in the front. He emits an aggressiveness about to explode.

I don't have any 'real' western figures. Although I have seen a masterfully haired an customized John Marston recently.

12Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ouch! Sorry my suspicions were correct, but I'm glad you were able to replace the head. Now you have one to permanently cap or rehair... In my case it happened with a Jason Statham head and a seacaptain's cap -- I was just goofing around. and by the time I thought to take it off, there was black band round his noggin. Luckily I had another one of the same. But it also came off completely (I think) after a long, long period (days, weeks) of applying benzoyl peroxide to the stain. Like you, I'm bothered by the knowledge something isn't right, even if it is not particularly noticeable.

I've had some success with benzoyl peroxide, especially on generic hands with no paint. I did try it once on my katyusha figure, Her cap touched her forehead and left a stain. I used peroxide but it bleached a bit of the paint as well. I ended up doing a slight repaint of the forehead. I haven't tried it with this head though but this guy has had the cap on mostly since i got it.

shazzdan wrote:Who else has some cowboys? Let's see'em.

Yeah! More western figures! I agree, lets see em!

Ovy wrote:Nice, my favourite is the boss type in the front. He emits an aggressiveness about to explode.

I don't have any 'real' western figures. Although I have seen a masterfully haired an customized John Marston recently.

yea this headsculpt is really great and it's from one of those military sets so there are quite a few floating around. I'd love to see your John Marston. I think LT was considering making a version of him in the future, just which version.

13Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Gang ! One more aspect of this forum i love. We have all caterogies. They look so fantastic. I´m really inspired to do a western figure. But that will be another project i stopped after some days. I better enjoy Yours.  Wink

14Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:05 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Ephiane wrote:Great Gang ! One more aspect of this forum i love. We have all caterogies. They look so fantastic. I´m really inspired to do a western figure. But that will be another project i stopped after some days. I better enjoy Yours.  Wink

Would love to see your versions. I'm sure they would be great! Now is a good time with a bunch of western themed figures coming out. Lots of parted out pieces. I'm always hoping there are more westworld figures. There was an anthony hopkins but it looked pretty much just like anthony hopkins in a regular day suit.

15Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, my only one that is actually put together (have a few more pieces from the VTS set) is more or less a joke, although it started as a head repaint experiment and does more or less replicate a movie (or movie set) look...

Western gang Jdsa0710

16Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:36 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Is that a James Dean head? Repaint looks good. I remember watching Giant back in the day, was long but entertaining at the time. Your cowboy gives me those vibes.

17Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Is that a James Dean head? Repaint looks good. I remember watching Giant back in the day, was long but entertaining at the time. Your cowboy gives me those vibes.

Exactly. (And thank you!) I don't know whether it was in the film or just him goofing off with a lasso on set behind the scenes, but there are these photos of him lassoing Elizabeth Taylor looking just like that. The hat and boots are wrong, but I thought its simple enough to imitate. Just found the thread, here --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3909-star-ace-james-dean-head-repaint#53111

18Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:48 pm

csyeung

csyeung
oh wow, so I was right! It WAS from GIANT hehe. Now you HAVE to make an Elizabeth Taylor to go with him!

19Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:17 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Nicely done.

20Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:55 am

Ovy

Ovy
csyeung wrote: ... I'd love to see your John Marston. I think LT was considering making a version of him in the future, just which version.
If you scroll down a bit you will find the custom John Marston
https://action-figure-district.de/figurenwettbewerb-2021-die-gewinner/

21Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not the best pics, but these are the ones I have put together so far. I'm probably going to change the bodies on the Deadwood figures as they are utter floppy crap (ie, Coomodel) no better than the junk that Sideshow uses for the majority of their figures.

Western gang _dsc3514
Western gang _dsc3513

Western gang C8485110

22Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a whole bunch, Mark, and they look great together. You must have come across a bunch of very poor CooModel bodies. The ones I've used have been ok -- not superb, but fine.

23Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Cool Gang Stryker. I love western (esp Once upon a time in the west, but good, bad and ugly was also great) and like the outfits of these times.

24Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, fellas.

Valiarde wrote:Cool Gang Stryker. I love western (esp Once upon a time in the west, but good, bad and ugly was also great) and like the outfits of these times.

Once Upon a Time in the West is an awesome movie, and considered to be Sergio Leone's masterpiece, with TGTB&TU in close second. I love Spaghetti Westerns in general, as they are generally so bizarre, slightly over-the-top, with a pacing all their own.

Western gang C8485110

25Western gang Empty Re: Western gang Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have very little vested interest in this, but I have to assert the obvious every time there is any assertion to the contrary:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the best western of all times (I don't mean hotel!). "And I am unanimous in this." Wink

That said, I will leave the evaluation of Westerns to the experts who have an infinitely better knowledge and appreciation of that genre. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum