OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
head sculpts are only sold, no accessories are included. Only sold head, no accessories are included. It is
recommended to match with phicen steel bone white skin body.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0143
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0247
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0345
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0443
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0543
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0642
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0740
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0839
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 0938
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 1035
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 1134
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 1228

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2114
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2213
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2313
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2413
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2513
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2613
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2713
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2813
NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 2912

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the concept, and wish more companies would do this — but why do they have to look Anime-ish and childlike? Those bottom ones are creepy and weird.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) C8485110

teamweapon

the head with the teeth just makes me want to say
" SAUSAGES " in a gravelly voice hahaha

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the concept, and wish more companies would do this — but why do they have to look Anime-ish and childlike? Those bottom ones are creepy and weird.

Agreed.

Diana

Diana
Wholeheartedly agree. The last head I got of theirs with movable eyes is totally beautiful! And yet it's still sitting in its box, because she just lacks the realism that I prefer and therefore looks out of place next to the others.

Please. Movable eyes in a realistic head. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with you guys. The concept is nice and the execution seems promising. However, they should try this with realistic heads -- and mostly more mature characters. Also, it occurs to me that they could put a little more effort into it before settling for the promotional images they chose -- some of the eyes are not quite correctly aligned.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Diana wrote:Wholeheartedly agree. The last head I got of theirs with movable eyes is totally beautiful! And yet it's still sitting in its box, because she just lacks the realism that I prefer and therefore looks out of place next to the others.

TBleague offered some heads with movable eyes when they started their line of seamless figures, but - I guess - they weren't very convincing (search for "red rose in fire"). The problem seems to be that the 'mechanics' requires a certain eye size, which fits much better in an anime head than in an ultra realistic head. That said, you might possibly be interested in i8's recent heads, which are in-between realism and anime.

Here are two quick shots...

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51685441563_0ede0adc31_kCJ3A3107_adjusted by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51685180976_b99cbb2df5_kCJ3A3114_adjusted by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These are absolutely gorgeous shots, Randam!

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:
Diana wrote:Wholeheartedly agree. The last head I got of theirs with movable eyes is totally beautiful! And yet it's still sitting in its box, because she just lacks the realism that I prefer and therefore looks out of place next to the others.

TBleague offered some heads with movable eyes when they started their line of seamless figures, but - I guess - they weren't very convincing (search for "red rose in fire"). The problem seems to be that the 'mechanics' requires a certain eye size, which fits much better in an anime head than in an ultra realistic head. That said, you might possibly be interested in i8's recent heads, which are in-between realism and anime.

Those are beautiful!!! And that is one incredibly beautiful head sculpt. I think I passed on it because of the sculpted hair, as well as the soft expression. She just doesn't match any of my characters.
I actually got into the hobby shortly after all those Phicen figures with movable eyes were sold out. I did try to chase them down for quite a while. But again, today they would just be sitting around because of the soft expression.

Delanie

Delanie
Do these eyes work in sync' , a bar connecting both eyes?

Asmus new Gandalf has moveable eyes which look relatively realistic but I will admit I had problems aligning them when i first had him as each eye moves separate I had him at one time looking like 'mad eyed moonie'

Diana

Diana
Delanie wrote:Do these eyes work in sync' , a bar connecting both eyes?

Asmus new Gandalf has moveable eyes which look relatively realistic but I will admit I had problems aligning them when i first had him as each eye moves separate I had him at one time looking like 'mad eyed moonie'
If I remember correctly they move separately, but that was no issue at all, because they were quite smooth to handle. And it's good that they move separately or you'd have no control over the focus point.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Great photos, Randam, and cool cyber punk-esque character. Love it!

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
GubernatorFan wrote:These are absolutely gorgeous shots, Randam!

I second this comment. Love the outfit and shots!

---

The non-lip biting set is the same head model from the Yoko anime set SD released earlier this year (redhead with moveable eyes). I like the makeup on the lip-biting one and may possibly get one and have her wear a nice-looking "covid" mask for scenes / shots where the lip-biting isn't wanted. She may be part of a band, so the look can be part of their aesthetics.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Gubernatorfan, Ghost and Phicenfemmefatales
Thanks for the kind comments. The i8 heads are really neat.

I also like the SD heads with moveable eyes. I recently got a loose faceplate from the "Sexy Sniper" set (set 051) from Giantoys for only 10 bucks. Here is a comparison shot ...

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51690385458_ea5001a109_oCJ3A3118 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

@Diana
You are right about the soft facial expression. I also wished there would be more variants. Still, the slight smirk of the head works nicely in a range of situations.

@Delanie
Here are some shots of the mechanism. All are using separate eyes now (unlike the old Phicen heads with the eye plates).

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51690796189_2ab5088a46_bCJ3A3160 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51690384043_e830a2b564_bCJ3A3161 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Samga

Samga
Randam Hajile wrote:@Gubernatorfan, Ghost and Phicenfemmefatales
Thanks for the kind comments. The i8 heads are really neat.

I also like the SD heads with moveable eyes. I recently got a loose faceplate from the "Sexy Sniper" set (set 051) from Giantoys for only 10 bucks. Here is a comparison shot ...

Can you please help me? Im looking for small heads that fit the petite (asian) bodies, is this SDXX04 one of those?
Thanks in advance

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Hi Samga,

the SDXX04 in the picture is shown on a S25B. Proportions are Ok for an anime character, but are not too realistic.

The i8 heads are generally pretty small, so they fit an S24/25 body quite nicely. Here is their Shizuku head on an S44...

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK Female head sculpt MOVABLE EYES (SDDX04-A/B/C, SDDX05-A/B/C) 51917845800_bbf76bbcad_kCJ3A4603 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

-Ralf

Samga

Samga
Randam Hajile wrote:Hi Samga,

the SDXX04 in the picture is shown on a S25B. Proportions are Ok for an anime character, but are not too realistic.

-Ralf

Hey, thanks, i accidentally bought two pale petite bodies, one S41a and an s26a, "accidentally" means i didnt know they need very specific sized heads and pegs. Unfortunately the sellers were not able to help me as they just pointed me at some neck connectors that didnt seem to solve my problem, and some youtubers i asked didnt even understand what i meant. I was starting to feel really stupid and alone with this problem lol!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Oh, I have to mention that you still need to built yourself an adapter to mount i8/SD-heads on the neck-Pegs of the smaller bodies. Except for the TBL heads that come with small bodies and the CCToys Ellie head, there are no heads that come with a fitting adapter. You need to use foam, rubber tubing, tape or hot glue to fill up the extra space in the conventional head adapters to make it fit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photo, Ralf.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Randam Hajile wrote:

CJ3A3107_adjusted by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

CJ3A3114_adjusted by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Great photo's!
'red rose in fire' + 'TBleague' when Googled, bring up a very different looking figure.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum