OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible resource: convert your animated characters to realistic ones for head sculpt matching

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not sure how useful this would be, or how easy to use, but after I saw the video I was reminded of recurrent discussions of the conversion (good or bad) of animated characters into realistic-looking ones. There is a software that would do this for you, provided it will recognize enough reference points in the stylized face image. So, just in case it is useful -- or in case it is interesting or amusing -- here it is, courtesy of Corridor Crew on YouTube:

And a somewhat related video, just for fun:

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was wild. Not sure what it would do for us, since FaceApp is available to make heads smile, etc., but that was entertaining. The dude in the middle of the video acknowledging their sponsor needs to try Decaf, or get hit in the head with a gold club, to tone it down — annoying AF.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Possible resource: convert your animated characters to realistic ones for head sculpt matching C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, thanks for sharing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That was wild. Not sure what it would do for us, since FaceApp is available to make heads smile, etc., but that was entertaining. The dude in the middle of the video acknowledging their sponsor needs to try Decaf, or get hit in the head with a gold club, to tone it down — annoying AF.

It is a rather indirect usefulness, if any. I suppose if one wanted to have a realistic sixth-scale rendition of animated character X, it can provide ideas as to what to look for in appearance. But yes, just for expressions, FaceApp would do. Still slightly worried about the allegations that it doubles as spyware and not installing it on my new machine. The middle of video promotional segments are their ways of generating ad revenue. I usually skip ahead. But yes, he's trying to be hyped up and quick, I suppose. Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The dude in the middle of the video acknowledging their sponsor needs to try Decaf, or get hit in the head with a gold club, to tone it down — annoying AF.

The middle of video promotional segments are their ways of generating ad revenue. I usually skip ahead. But yes, he's trying to be hyped up and quick, I suppose. Smile

I didn’t mind his enthusiasm at first, but when he started jumping around like an idiot doing the Macarena, that’s when it made me think of the scene from City Slickers where Billy Crystal’s boss gives him crap for buying an annoying jingle ad and putting it on the radio during drive time “stupid and annoying, and it makes people want to change the station.” Over enthusiasm is death to a lot of perfectly fine products.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Possible resource: convert your animated characters to realistic ones for head sculpt matching C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum