OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most realistic head sculpt?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:53 am

teamweapon

I know this is very often a thing discussed in HEATED arguments on boards, but what is your fave head ?
Tbh i dont have very many heads that are famous people, but the of the couple i do have these are mine.
im very much looking forward to what people think? from what i can tell though i reckon hot toys will come out on top?
Most realistic head sculpt? E14_5010
Most realistic head sculpt? E17_5010

2Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 am

highwayman57

highwayman57
I would say that the Hot Toys sculpt of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange is possibly the best likeness I've seen in 1:6, with the sculpt of Christopher Reeve as Superman coming in as a close second.

David

3Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'd have to agree with Highwayman57. Cumberbatch/Strange is uncannily real looking.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Most realistic head sculpt? C8485110

4Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree that Hot Toys is likely to be credited with the most realistic head sculpt so far, although other companies have been doing excellent work, too. I just don't know which one it would be. The first Dr Strange always looked a little bit cartoonish to me, but this is probably because they made him look so in the film and it worked. Certainly their recent Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is very good, as is their Alfred (Michael Kane). A long time ago I remember buying one of their Robert Downey Jr and Wayne "The Rock" Johnson heads just because of how realistic they looked -- although I had no great interest at the time in completing the figures and outfits (I have done so since). Several of their Arnolds have been excellent too (though some perhaps more than others). A number of their head sculpts have been lifelike and realistic without being 100% accurate for the actor or character they were trying to portray.

5Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

blackpool

blackpool
I would say the hot toys starlord in the recent ones, and their harley quinn, they fantastically captured her.

Blitzway is actually very good too on some of their figures, their Tyler Durden was very well executed.

6Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
blackpool wrote:
Blitzway is actually very good too on some of their figures, their Tyler Durden was very well executed.

I have the Blitzway Bill Murray "Peter Venkman" Ghostbusters figure, and the likeness is excellent, but it looks as though it is an older, slightly balder Murray than he appeared in the movie.

David

7Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I thought of another one. Unfortunately... it's another Hot Toys: Yondu (Michael Rooker) is absolutely amazing. He may be blue, but there's no mistaking it for anyone but Rooker.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Most realistic head sculpt? C8485110

8Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:15 am

MarkEl

Stryker2011 wrote:I thought of another one. Unfortunately... it's another Hot Toys: Yondu (Michael Rooker) is absolutely amazing. He may be blue, but there's no mistaking it for anyone but Rooker.

I completely agree with this as a Michael Rooker fan with the WorldBox and ThreeZero sculpts.  The HT face is excellent.  It almost makes me angry that it’s Yondu and can never be anything else.  Lol.  

This is a difficult question about what is best.  Even celebrity likeness is debatable and subjective depending upon what image/age/look is most in your mind’s eye.  There is likeness, but there’s also a ‘life factor’. Certain expressions (combination of eyes and facial musculature) can seem alive.  This is what appeals to me the most currently.  A recent sculpt I acquired like this is DamToys 78057.  His gaze follows from every angle. Paint job isn’t as good as some of my HT’s, but he seems like he’s about to say something.  A bit creepy when you consider it but also very cool.

9Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
That is one of the fascinations of the Hobby for me. Made Pictures of figures that looks like real persons.... the Emily Browning Sculpt is good that for

Most realistic head sculpt? 6nvxaq11

10Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another awesome outdoor photo, Ephiane!

Speaking of realistic head sculpts, HT has done a generally great job with its various iterations of Chris Hemsworth as Thor. But the most recent one was a tad underwhelming for me. Perhaps in part because the stern expression, while not completely out of place, was less typical for that rather humorous film (Ragnarok). So the point is, that it would be nice to see something different -- a smile or a grin. But I'm veering off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

11Most realistic head sculpt? Empty Re: Most realistic head sculpt? Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 pm

teamweapon

funny enough every pic ive seen of the yondu has looked AMAZING. although i would never get that, it does make you aware of what is possible!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum