OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Star Trek: The Next Generation
JUDGE Q
$205+ $25 flat rate international shipping
1:6 Scale Articulated Figure
"Thou aren’t notified that thy kind have infiltrated the galaxy too far already. Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately."
Star Trek introduced many dangerous adversaries that challenged the members of Star Fleet. None are more formidable or memorable than John de Lancie’s Q – a mysterious being with god-like power that threatens the existence of all of humanity. Appearing in the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Q became a recuring antagonist and sometime ally of Jean Luc Picard.

In “Encounter at Farpoint,” which introduced the entire TNG crew, Q styled himself as a 21st Century Earth judge during a time in history where anarchy and chaos ruled. He challenged Picard to prove humanity had moved beyond their barbaric past and were not a threat to the entire galaxy.

This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite 1:6 detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his judge’s robes to his chain of office are authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of John de Lancie as Q has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.

THE EXO-6 Q 1:6 SCALE ARTICULATED FIGURE INCLUDES:
Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 32 cm tall.

Realistic Portrait: Q’s portrait is lovingly rendered by top artists, with an excellent likeness of John de Lancie. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.

Judge’s robes: Meticulously researched, this costume represents Q as a judge from 2079, a dark time in Earth’s history.

Chain of office: The bejeweled gold necklace Q wears as a symbol of his judge status.

Boots: Soft plastic boots sculpted to match the cut and style of the original series footwear.

Hands: A total of six interchangeable gloved hands are included.

Display Base: A hexagonal display base featuring the grid Q uses to hold the Enterprise in place.

Autograph card: An informational LCARS card that can used to get an autograph from the performer and displayed with your figure.

This fine collectible figure is a perfect way to start your EXO-6 Star Trek™: The Next Generation 1:6-scale figure collection.

Height: 12 in, (30 cm)
Materials: ABS, PVC, natural and synthetic fabrics.
Art Box Dimensions: 35.3 x 19.6 x 9.1 cm
Prototype shown, actual product may vary.

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 11642
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 2967
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 3648
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 4587
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 5553
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 6520
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 7500
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 8472
NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure 9456

#newproduct #Exo-6 #StarTrek #NextGeneration #JudgeQ #male #TV #Sci-Fi

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Not my era to collect due to the costs, but this is yet another beautiful Star Trek figure. Exo-6 producing seriously high quality models

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm a huge fan of John de Lancie and this figure looks to be well executed. Not sure whether I'll be ordering it, though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I was never a big Next Gen fan (took me several seasons of casual watching before I started to sort of get into it), but this is a pretty neat looking figure of an, ultimately, iconic character that crossed over several series.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:...iconic character that crossed over several series.

Not just series but shows. Q was in Next Gen, DS9, and Voyager.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I actually do remember this one, and am glad they decided to make an iteration of him. Surprised they haven't (or seem to have not) announced some more integral protagonists first.

csyeung

csyeung
Oh Q looks great in these pics, especially the likeness. I don't remember too much but instantly recognizable.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Q was a funny character. I always enjoyed episodes where he appeared. Good likeness too. It's not something that'd fit in my collection, but I'm sure next gen fans will love this.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
"Thanos who?" says Q...

Excellent figure though I shudder at the sight of all that black cloth surrounding the wonderful sculpt.
It still pains me to look at my QMX Picard with the neck stains.
Anyway, i'm sure Exo-6 figured that out already.
I wonder if that's a full headsculpt under all that.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well to be fair, Exo-6 cares more about the quality of their stuff, especially since Nanjin is a super diehard fan, and QMX were just typically greedy, but cheap, assholes who didn’t give a crap about using proper materials or dyes. I’m not overly worried (yet). I received my EMH from them yesterday, and even with the other Exo-6 figures, I haven’t seen any issues yet with color transfer.

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure C8485110

DJ

DJ
Nice figure but I have to limit myself and waiting for more Original Series characters. The only one I may break that rule on is Seven Of Nine, depending on what she looks like. I am curious about what's under the hood. A full sculpt with hair or is the hood on permanently?

Ovy

Ovy
This figure probably costs more than the original 1:1 outfit. 🤭

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:This figure probably costs more than the original 1:1 outfit. 🤭

Probably true!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DJ wrote:Nice figure but I have to limit myself and waiting for more Original Series characters. The only one I may break that rule on is Seven Of Nine, depending on what she looks like. I am curious about what's under the hood. A full sculpt with hair or is the hood on permanently?

The hood is on permanently, according to Nanjin. The entire outfit is "non removable." It's my understanding that there isn't a "complete" sculpt underneath (ie, no full hair).

DJ

DJ
Stryker2011 wrote:
DJ wrote:Nice figure but I have to limit myself and waiting for more Original Series characters. The only one I may break that rule on is Seven Of Nine, depending on what she looks like. I am curious about what's under the hood. A full sculpt with hair or is the hood on permanently?

The hood is on permanently, according to Nanjin. The entire outfit is "non removable." It's my understanding that there isn't a "complete" sculpt underneath (ie, no full hair).

Well, at $205.00 for Q I feel less inclined with the hood on for good. Maybe if you had other things that came with it like a Starfleet uniform option.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Well to be fair, Exo-6 cares more about the quality of their stuff, especially since Nanjin is a super diehard fan, and QMX were just typically greedy, but cheap, assholes who didn’t give a crap about using proper materials or dyes. I’m not overly worried (yet). I received my EMH from them yesterday, and even with the other Exo-6 figures, I haven’t seen any issues yet with color transfer.

Sorry, I have to totally disagree and to defend QMX against being "just typically greedy, but cheap, assholes."  Pretty strong evidence to the contrary is when QMX almost without precedent in this industry did the extremely honorable thing, to their own detriment and financial loss, of including a second replacement head with every Captain Malcolm Reynolds because the first production run heads weren't up to their standard.  Whatever happened unfortunately to separate Nanjin from QMX still leaves me thinking highly of both sides.  Regrettable, bad applications of black dyes have injured everybody from Triad down to Hot Toys without necessarily making anybody "typically greedy, but cheap, assholes."

That unremovable hood on Q is a potential deal-breaker, especially because as I recall this Judge's Robe was only seen once in the first of Q's more than a dozen appearances.  IMHO Exo-6 would do well to consider maybe a deluxe version with a full head (same face sculpt, so relatively low added cost), or maybe retailing a complete head as a separate purchase.  I know I said I wouldn't buy new characters from Exo-6 until they completed the basic crew, but I caved on Mirror Spock, and I might have caved on this one except for the lack of a fully usable head.  I do still have the 12" Playmates version of this figure and (admittedly comparing Playmates to Exo-6 is comparing Volkswagen to Mercedes but) for what it was, at cheap retail level, it was actually pretty good, so I can stay with it.

DJ

DJ
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Well to be fair, Exo-6 cares more about the quality of their stuff, especially since Nanjin is a super diehard fan, and QMX were just typically greedy, but cheap, assholes who didn’t give a crap about using proper materials or dyes. I’m not overly worried (yet). I received my EMH from them yesterday, and even with the other Exo-6 figures, I haven’t seen any issues yet with color transfer.

Sorry, I have to totally disagree and to defend QMX against being "just typically greedy, but cheap, assholes."  Pretty strong evidence to the contrary is when QMX almost without precedent in this industry did the extremely honorable thing, to their own detriment and financial loss, of including a second replacement head with every Captain Malcolm Reynolds because the first production run heads weren't up to their standard.  Whatever happened unfortunately to separate Nanjin from QMX still leaves me thinking highly of both sides.  Regrettable, bad applications of black dyes have injured everybody from Triad down to Hot Toys without necessarily making anybody "typically greedy, but cheap, assholes."

That unremovable hood on Q is a potential deal-breaker, especially because as I recall this Judge's Robe was only seen once in the first of Q's more than a dozen appearances.  IMHO Exo-6 would do well to consider maybe a deluxe version with a full head (same face sculpt, so relatively low added cost), or maybe retailing a complete head as a separate purchase.  I know I said I wouldn't buy new characters from Exo-6 until they completed the basic crew, but I caved on Mirror Spock, and I might have caved on this one except for the lack of a fully usable head.  I do still have the 12" Playmates version of this figure and (admittedly comparing Playmates to Exo-6 is comparing Volkswagen to Mercedes but) for what it was, at cheap retail level, it was actually pretty good, so I can stay with it.

It has been a long time, but I think Q wore the robe again in the very last 2 part episode. The deluxe version would have been better with another head and maybe a uniform. I wish the original crew would be finished. Still hoping to get a Scotty, Sulu, Chekov, Chapel, Uhura, and Rand out of somebody someday. Uniform sets to make your own red shirt team and other background characters would be nice to, but I digress. Right now my Kirk, Spock and McCoy are getting lonely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

While their response to the dye transfer to Picard and the over-sized Mal head was commendable, I believe that initial production failure was the beginning, and the end, of QMX caring about 1/6th as a “viable” source of revenue. They jumped into the deep end of the 1/6th world thinking they were going to be something they could produce on the cheap (like Mattel or Hasbro), and found out first hand that 1/6 collectors are far more picky than they anticipated. They took on licenses that people were excited about (Firfely, Supernatural, Princess Bride, ST) and handled them poorly right out of the gate. The only reason any of them managed to get made and were any good wasn’t anything to do with the people at QMX corporate aside from shelling out the money. It’s one thing for the top dog in the 1/6th world to show off prototypes at conventions and then never release a third of them, it’s another for a fledgling company hoping to break in to the hobby to show off a bunch and then never release 2/3 of them. Starting production on figures (Scotty, Sulu, and for some even McCoy) and never fulfilling POs all while telling customers that “they are coming” knowing full well they had no intention of actually making them is a pretty dick move. Instead they just stopped and went back, and continue to churn out, those cheap, over-priced Q figs which are an easy cash grab. Complete silence to those waiting on their POs until retailers just canceled those orders; some people were, rather foolishly and until fairly recently, still wondering if they were going to get those figures. That’s why I call them cheap, greedy a-holes, and I stand by it. If they have no intention of fulfilling ALL of their orders, they shouldn’t have made any of them.

Asmus, a relative newcomer, is taking serious backlash, and have in the past, over the way the Evil Dead Ash (and Luxury accessories) has turned out, and though they have been mostly silent, their rep  did comment, and they plan to address, one of the most glaring issues at their own expense; in the past, where possible Asmus has attempted to make things right (have they done it on every issue? No. Have they always managed to make it right? No. But at least, to some extent, they have tried — whether it’s with replacements, going back to the factory, or even remaking figures altogether, or making new heads — much of which, customers had to pay extra for, but were willing to do for the most part; and some of those corrections were at their own expense). QMX just — stopped. Those first two quality control issues, which were their fault, were the only things they did right. But to not make enough figures to fulfill POs?! No word aside from “they’re coming,” then radio silence until: Surprise! A new company has the rights to one of those franchises and pumps out figures. And for awhile after Exo-6 made the announcement, QMX was still saying “they’re coming,” before just nothing (and banning anyone who called them out on their SM platforms).
So, yeah… that’s my rant on those guys.

As far as Q… yeah, I agree, as do many others, that a removable robe and complete head sculpt would have been nice, and I’m not defending Nanjin’s decision to make this version of the character (or whether or not other versions of him will ever be made). So far his decision has been to avoid Deluxe versions (though one could say that First Contact Data could qualify since that came with two heads). While this version of Q isn’t my favorite, it is perhaps the most iconic, and he didn’t have a lot of additional items that could be accessories while in this garb. I’m not sure if I even want this one myself, and so far it’s the only one I haven’t immediately jumped on. The only reason I’m leaning toward getting it is because he was an interesting character, it would definitely add shelf presence, and it’s at least another villain, and an actor I like. I guess it would be like getting Spock in his black meditation robe from TMP — he only wore it once, and for a very brief amount of time, but it was (aside from maybe the Space suit) the most interesting outfit of his in that entire movie. Same with Admiral Kirk. Assuming TMP picture even gets figures, Admiral Kirk, Meditation Spock and V’ger Ilia would probably be the only ones I would get. If Exo-6, and Nanjin, ever fall into the trap of putting up a PO and never following through, or never correcting errors, then my faith in him will die; but for now, he’s managed to pull off the near impossible — decent sculpts (not always spot on, but then neither are a lot of HTs), high quality tailoring and some nice accessories, and doing it all within a matter of a few months as opposed to 1 year+ like the rest of the manufacturers.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting discussion, guys. It's nice to have your in-depth perspective, both relating to these and in general. As for Q, as at best an accidental Star Trek viewer, I can confirm that this is probably most recognizable look. Without the judge's robes, I probably would not have recognized him.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s a comment from over at the Freaks regarding Q, and Nanjin’s response (do with that information what you will):

bigbrocha said:
“Q should have come with a Starfleet Uniform under his robe. He has no accessories and this may be the only TNG Q we get. Would have been perfect with the Starfleet Uniforn so we can choose whatever option we like.”

Nanjin’s response:
1) uniform under robe looks terrible.

2) heads needs a hoods are produced differently. We tried using the same head, and it compromised the perfect look of Judge Q.

3) Judge Q uses a seperate neck for more animated head post while uniformed Q can't have such articulations.

4) Uniformed character at that height needs another body which won't be ready until now, which means we couldn't debut him until April. Remember: we CAN NOT slow down in production. We slow.m down 2 releases then I will need to prepare the end of 1/6 Trek.

5) we position ourselves as 1/6 Star Trek Museum. Therefore to truely recreate TNG in 1/6 scale, Judge Q is a must do. I gnore ALL potential customers in this respect. Maximizing Profit is putting a harness on my venture, and I am dumb and stubborn enough to do this because this is the only way for 1/6 Trek to survive. Less than 5% of Trek characters can have the luxury to maximize profit.

davidd

davidd
I can't help but think of this actor, John De Lancie, as an eccentric inventor on the TV soap opera  Days of our Lives back in the... a while back. I started watching Days with my grandmother when Luke & Laura were a thing on General Hospital, when Elizabeth Taylor was going to be on the show. Days followed Hospital, and quirky characters like De Lancie's inventor, and Victor's jolly and somewhat disreputable English pal Douglas, and of course the inimitable Victor Newman (Rat Patrol's Eric Braeden) lured in both my grandmother and me. Those were good times, and when De Lancie as "Q" (for Quazy Energy - was he from the planet Quisp by any chance?) showed up on Next Gen, I could never quite shake the idea of him being Gene from a daytime soap opera.

This is an impressive looking figure. The character in this garb must have showed up after I had given up on Next Gen. Is he supposed to be reminiscent of General Trelane (retired; you may call me Squire) as a judge when he sentenced Kirk to death?

shazzdan

shazzdan
davidd wrote:This is an impressive looking figure. The character in this garb must have showed up after I had given up on Next Gen. Is he supposed to be reminiscent of General Trelane (retired; you may call me Squire) as a judge when he sentenced Kirk to death?
He wore this costume in the very first episode - Encounter at Farpoint

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:
Nanjin’s response:
1) uniform under robe looks terrible.

2) heads needs a hoods are produced differently. We tried using the same head, and it compromised the perfect look of Judge Q.

3) Judge Q uses a seperate neck for more animated head post while uniformed Q can't have such articulations.
All perfectly reasonable responses but they have pushed me into the "won't buy" camp.

5) we position ourselves as 1/6 Star Trek Museum. Therefore to truely recreate TNG in 1/6 scale, Judge Q is a must do. I gnore ALL potential customers in this respect. Maximizing Profit is putting a harness on my venture, and I am dumb and stubborn enough to do this because this is the only way for 1/6 Trek to survive. Less than 5% of Trek characters can have the luxury to maximize profit.

He is just starting out and these sorts of ideals aren't healthy for a new business. He should have begun with the most profitable characters and done the rest later when the business was more financially secure. How many regular Spock characters would sell compared to his Parallel Universe version? (Yes, I know he already did one at QMX - I bought it). He has already proposed a Seven of Nine figure; how many of these do you think he would sell compared to Judge Q?

davidd

davidd
shazzdan wrote:
davidd wrote:This is an impressive looking figure. The character in this garb must have showed up after I had given up on Next Gen. Is he supposed to be reminiscent of General Trelane (retired; you may call me Squire) as a judge when he sentenced Kirk to death?
He wore this costume in the very first episode - Encounter at Farpoint

Interesting. You know, I've never seen the very first episode of Next Gen.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The whole mischievous premise of Q was how he would show up in constantly changing uniforms, whether appropriate to a particular setting, or completely random. Yes the Judge's attire was first and probably most identifiable, but the wide variety and versatility probably define this character, more than any other, not just in Star Trek but in all pop culture. Would have been so easily achieved, by just having this same good face sculpt on a regular head you could just pop onto existing military figures, or some other character's Starfleeet body, or whatever. But noooo....

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure Dyvsko10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum