OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

shazzdan

davidd wrote:This is an impressive looking figure. The character in this garb must have showed up after I had given up on Next Gen. Is he supposed to be reminiscent of General Trelane (retired; you may call me Squire) as a judge when he sentenced Kirk to death?
He wore this costume in the very first episode - Encounter at Farpoint

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

shazzdan

Stryker2011 wrote:
Nanjin’s response:
1) uniform under robe looks terrible.

2) heads needs a hoods are produced differently. We tried using the same head, and it compromised the perfect look of Judge Q.

3) Judge Q uses a seperate neck for more animated head post while uniformed Q can't have such articulations.
All perfectly reasonable responses but they have pushed me into the "won't buy" camp.

5) we position ourselves as 1/6 Star Trek Museum. Therefore to truely recreate TNG in 1/6 scale, Judge Q is a must do. I gnore ALL potential customers in this respect. Maximizing Profit is putting a harness on my venture, and I am dumb and stubborn enough to do this because this is the only way for 1/6 Trek to survive. Less than 5% of Trek characters can have the luxury to maximize profit.

He is just starting out and these sorts of ideals aren't healthy for a new business. He should have begun with the most profitable characters and done the rest later when the business was more financially secure. How many regular Spock characters would sell compared to his Parallel Universe version? (Yes, I know he already did one at QMX - I bought it). He has already proposed a Seven of Nine figure; how many of these do you think he would sell compared to Judge Q?

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

davidd

shazzdan wrote:
davidd wrote:This is an impressive looking figure. The character in this garb must have showed up after I had given up on Next Gen. Is he supposed to be reminiscent of General Trelane (retired; you may call me Squire) as a judge when he sentenced Kirk to death?
He wore this costume in the very first episode - Encounter at Farpoint

Interesting. You know, I've never seen the very first episode of Next Gen.

Moonbase Alpha Male

The whole mischievous premise of Q was how he would show up in constantly changing uniforms, whether appropriate to a particular setting, or completely random. Yes the Judge's attire was first and probably most identifiable, but the wide variety and versatility probably define this character, more than any other, not just in Star Trek but in all pop culture. Would have been so easily achieved, by just having this same good face sculpt on a regular head you could just pop onto existing military figures, or some other character's Starfleeet body, or whatever. But noooo....

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure - Page 2 Dyvsko10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My Q arrived yesterday (delivered by the idiots at my local post office to the street behind me, same number different street -- this has happened before 3 different times for us, a couple different times for other neighbors -- apparently the geniuses at the post office don't know how to read, which is really wonderful; thankfully, we live in a town full of decent, honest people [clearly not a major metropolitan area]). Anyway, he's pretty cool, just like Michael described in his review. He's very, VERY tall. Here's a quick pic with First Contact Picard to show how tall he is.

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure - Page 2 _dsc3729

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Judge Q Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Looks pretty cool!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Staggering but appropriate contrast, Mark.

Diana

Diana
He looks magnificent! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum