OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 Empty TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:42 am

Adeno

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0010

Last night I realized I haven't cleaned my TBLeague and Jiaou Doll ladies in a while so I decided to give them a quick bath and then a health check afterwards. They seemed to be happy and refreshed!

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0110

This is Dara, a Super Duck SDH007-A head on a TBLeague S22a Pale body. She first arrived here back in 2018. She's a reporter for "Always Happy News", where even the most tragic news is presented in a cute and fun way! She seems to have leaked oil already, as can be seen on the stains on her clothes.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0210

There are also hard to remove yellowish oil stains on her skin. Aside from that, some parts of her body, like her legs and arms, feel a bit soft and lumpy, as if she's "melting" from within. She's also sticky so I had to powder her up. It's not too bad yet, but this softening and becoming lumpy of her body was exactly what happened to another TBLeague's body a few years ago before the body disintegrated and got torn apart on its own, leaving the poor lady looking more like a Terminator than a fashion model.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0310

This is Belinda, my very first TBLeague/Phicen lady, now on a Jiaou Doll 3.0 "Wheat" body. Her original PLMB2014-S02 body deteriorated a long time ago where it leaked so much oil and disintegrated and became a Terminator, and that's why she's been on a Jiaou Doll body since 2018. I couldn't find any TBLeague bodies that could match the original Phicen tan color as the newer S02 tan is more "suntan". Belinda is a fashion model and loves jumping around for some reason.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0410

The Jiaou Doll 3.0 body is still pretty good, although it developed some skin peeling mostly on her legs. The body is still nice and firm, which is quite surprising, especially when you consider that the TBLeague S22a body I got from 2018 has already started showing signs of bad deterioration.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0510

This is Villa on a TBLeague S17b Suntan body from 2018. She's originally a Very Cool VCF-2031 soldier, but she retired and became a flight stewardess instead. Her once white attire has now absorbed some oil that leaked from her body.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0610

Amazingly, she doesn't really have any bad problems. This skin peeling on her right arm has been there since the beginning and it hasn't worsened at all. It's still the same way.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0711

This is Cayla, originally an exclusive Phicen Demon Huntress from 2016. Although she has retired being a Demon Huntress and has been spending her time just adventuring in jungles, she still uses her original body. There are still no signs of deterioration on her body and she's still nice and firm.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0810

This is 2B from the Super Duck 2B Set. She's on a TBLeague S16a Pale body from 2018. She's the main character from the game Nier Automata. Her body is still perfect, no deterioration at all and it's still nice and firm.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 0910

This is Ana Ishikawa, also known as Shi from the comic book. She's still on the same body she came with from 2016.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 1010

Unfortunately since she's on a body with seamless feet, she has suffered from her right foot's metal skeleton poking out! Otherwise she's still very firm and smooth. There are no signs of oil leaks yet.

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 1111

After their health check, the ladies from the past finally got the time to meet their new friends from this year.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice idea for a thread, addressing a common concern amongst us collectors and kitbashers. Have others encountered much of these oil leaking into clothes problem? I know if you rest a TBLeague body against paper or cardboard it will make a bit of an oil stain, but I've never quite noticed it on cloth. Perhaps temperature, humidity, etc., play a role.

Adeno

Thanks!

I'm also curious about how other fellow collectors' TBLeague and Jiaou dolls are faring Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As I’ve said many, many times, temperature and humidity (also sunlight) plays a massive role in the longevity of this stuff (handling, as well). Not one of my seamless figures has these issues, even as far back as the plastic skeleton Phicens (the only issues I’ve had with one of those was the skeleton breaking at odd locations, but it isn’t noticeable).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague and Jiaou Doll Health Check 2022 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I'm so glad my figures have none of these problems. But I have been keeping them behind closed Besta glass doors for most of the time and in fairly neutral standing positions.

Nice collection and nice presentation though! And that SD head with the movable eyes is just gorgeous. I have the same one and I need to get her out of her box, clearly. If only for a photo shoot or something. Smile

Adeno

Thanks! Movable eyes are lots of fun! I'm excited for the I8toys Shizuku, she has beautiful eyes! I hope someday they'd use the silicon/tpe headsculpt tech where you can open and close the mouth as well like that one toy company did. I wish I could just leave the aircon on all day. It would be funny to have a fully functional 1/6 scale aircon just for them lol!

Oh this is what I'm talking about!

Diana

Diana
Adeno wrote:Thanks! Movable eyes are lots of fun! I'm excited for the I8toys Shizuku, she has beautiful eyes! I hope someday they'd use the silicon/tpe headsculpt tech where you can open and close the mouth as well like that one toy company did. I wish I could just leave the aircon on all day. It would be funny to have a fully functional 1/6 scale aircon just for them lol!

Oh this is what I'm talking about!

/video/

Oh it looks great in that video, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, then the promo shots didn't look so good. Otherwise I'd have ordered it for sure maybe. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum