OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jiaou Doll body heights

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 2:31 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Question for the group at large: Would it be possible to have a Jiaou Doll body height thread? There doesn’t seem to be a ton of reference materials, and while I know we are in majority agreement that TBL is preferred, the fact remains that Jiaou has its strengths. It would be potentially useful for not only myself but I imagine others as well.

2Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 2:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a couple that I can measure for comparison; I’ll see if I can scrounge them up for this weekend.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou Doll body heights C8485110

3Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 3:02 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Stryker2011 wrote:I have a couple that I can measure for comparison; I’ll see if I can scrounge them up for this weekend.

Sounds good!

Everyone else who has one or multiple, please feel free to contribute if you want/can!

4Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 5:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father

5Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 10:16 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Admittedly, I always just assume a Jiaou is very tall (like taller than an s12d at least) and leave it at that. My guess is that most of them will be around the same height -- I don't see that company bothering with making a variety heights, but I could be wrong. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Wed May 25, 2022 5:34 pm

Diana

Diana
Giantoy has a comparison of a few of them:
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/skin-tones-of-jiaou-doll-seamless-figures

PS: I didn't realize they are all the same body (10E).

7Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Thu May 26, 2022 3:26 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I

Those are handy to have on hand for comparison! Interesting all around I’m trying to form some semblance of an opinion, but I’m just not there yet.

skywalkersaga wrote:Admittedly, I always just assume a Jiaou is very tall (like taller than an s12d at least) and leave it at that. My guess is that most of them will be around the same height -- I don't see that company bothering with making a variety heights, but I could be wrong. ;p

That’s part of why I asked this, to get something more concrete to help decide if they can be worth it in _________ way. Maybe they surprise us and something is shorter than expected? From what I’m seeing, (thanks Diana for the giantoy link, I meant to quote you as well!) they seem to come in at 27cm at the top of the neck peg, which isn’t horrible at the end of the day.

8Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Jiaou Doll 3.0 stands 10.75" from the bottom of the foot to the top of the neck ball joint. (I honestly hate this body with a passion).

Jiaou 3.0 vs TBLeague 16A:

Jiaou Doll body heights _dsc3676

TBL 21B, Jiaou 3.0, TBL 16A:

Jiaou Doll body heights _dsc3678

TBL 25B, Jiaou 3.0, TBL 16A:

Jiaou Doll body heights _dsc3677

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou Doll body heights C8485110

9Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparisons, Mark.

10Jiaou Doll body heights Empty Re: Jiaou Doll body heights Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:59 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thank you Stryker! Interesting comparison. I’m all for photos to compare and analyze, so this fit the bill perfectly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum