OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three Gals

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Three Gals Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gal Gadot seems to be back in season in sixth-scale renditions these days and I recently picked up three Gal Gadot heads. Blonde Beauty (the eBay photos have this as a label, but the listings I saw say "unbranded") is self-explanatory. The medium brown-haired version is GacToys (GC034D). The dark brown-haired version is Hot Toys (Wonder Woman 84 Golden Armor set, MMS577).

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal10

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal11

All three are fine heads by themselves, and all have a resemblance to the actress. All three heads fit on TBLeague female seamless bodies of the taller type (I tried S23B and S29B) and are a good match to TBLeague's female suntan skin tone. To decide between the three Amazon Gals, Steve Trevor was needed as a neutral arbiter.

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal12

Unsurprisingly, the Hot Toys version won. She went on a romantic walk with Steve on the beaches of Themiscyra.

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal13

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal14

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal15

A couple of just HT Gal:

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal16

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal17

#GalGadot #WonderWoman #Diana #ChrisPine #SteveTrevor #head #headsculpt #TBLeague #HotToys #GacToys

2headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:39 am

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool! I quite like the new hot toys version. I think it looks a lot like Gal Gadot.

3headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:45 am

davidd

davidd
Razz Funny title! Made me laugh once I saw what the topic was about!

4headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:50 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh, yeah, the HT version can't be beat. Thank you for the beautiful presentation! Very Happy

Sometimes paying more is totally worth it. *sigh*

5headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:15 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
It looks like a special edition of the show 'the Bachelor'. Nice presentation with cool backdrop screens and a very elegant dress of the winner Gal.

6headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I also saw some in hand pics of the HT Gal head last week and immedeately thought she looks very very good. A fine head and clearly the winner for me too.
Already saw some knockoffs on ebay for lower money, but I guess those might be dissapointing if you expect close to HT quality.

Walking from Themiscyra to that nice place (first assumed it is cathedral cove, but I think that backdrop is somewhere else) is a great walk for a date.

Smile

7headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:47 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice presentation, Ian. HT for the win. Looking forward to finally getting my GA84 figure from a Timewalker, but as usual Sideshow holds everything up in the hopes people cancel from other venders in desperation to get their hands on figures. I POd one of those GAC Toys heads so I can put the helmet on the armored version, and use the awesome Gal head for a different look.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - Three Gals C8485110

8headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Very cool! I quite like the new hot toys version. I think it looks a lot like Gal Gadot.

Thank you very much. And I agree. All of them have the resemblance, but that one is certainly both most accurate and most attractive. I love the lively, slightly sideways quality of her glance.

davidd wrote:Razz Funny title! Made me laugh once I saw what the topic was about!

Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to see one's little puns resonate. Smile

Diana wrote:Oooh, yeah, the HT version can't be beat. Thank you for the beautiful presentation! Very Happy Sometimes paying more is totally worth it. *sigh*

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it.

ElBundy wrote:It looks like a special edition of the show 'the Bachelor'. Nice presentation with cool backdrop screens and a very elegant dress of the winner Gal.

Yes, I got the same feeling as it was happening, the Bachelor aspect was not by design, but I had to integrate it somehow. Smile I'm glad you liked the presentation, although I had some misgivings about the light and quality (experimenting with an RGB photo light, but nothing crazy yet). As for the elegant dress, I'm relieved that it came across this way, because if you only knew what it actually is, you'd laugh. Smile

Valiarde wrote:I also saw some in hand pics of the HT Gal head last week and immedeately thought she looks very very good. A fine head and clearly the winner for me too. Already saw some knockoffs on ebay for lower money, but I guess those might be dissapointing if you expect close to HT quality. Walking from Themiscyra to that nice place (first assumed it is cathedral cove, but I think that backdrop is somewhere else) is a great walk for a date. Smile

Yes, both the promotional images and the actual product look very promising, and very close to each other (also, a reminder of how Hot Toys can make "real haired" female heads). I'm sure the knockoffs might be just about as good, provided they have gotten the look right and the detail reasonably close. I hope they are viable, because this head is so good, as many people as possible should be able to enjoy it (or a version of it). Ah, I'm sure it's a long walk, but when you're in love (or in lust), time seems to fly, no?

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice presentation, Ian. HT for the win. Looking forward to finally getting my GA84 figure from a Timewalker, but as usual Sideshow holds everything up in the hopes people cancel from other venders in desperation to get their hands on figures. I POd one of those GAC Toys heads so I can put the helmet on the armored version, and use the awesome Gal head for a different look.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. It really is a win this time, no reservations. I'm glad you're getting the complete set, which looks gorgeous. I only got the head, the helmet, and a couple of the lassos. Your patience will be rewarded. Sticking a GAC head under the helmet (I hope it fits, didn't test it yet), and keeping this one exposed sounds like an excellent idea.

9headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:56 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great pictures (and heads)! The unbranded blonde head is likely a recast of the Coo Model Pantheon Athena head, which itself is presumably based on one of the earlier WW heads from HotToys.

For me, the new HT WW84-sculpt naturally takes the crown here. I'm considering to get the recently announced NR Toys version of this particular head, as their earlier Black Widow head had a surprisingly good paintwork. Obviously, it won't reach the quality level of HotToys -- but I'm also not the biggest fan of WW/Gal Gadot. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5235-new-product-nrtoys-1-6-golden-eagle-female-head-eagle-5-0-hair-transplant-edition

10headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Interesting, really great quality of the middle one, it makes the other two appear dull and lifeless.

Very elegant and unique outfit, the pearl necklaces fit really well too.
They remind me of the Mediterrans a bit.
Americterrans
Californiterrans
Or
American Mediterran, in Cinemas now!!

11headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Great pictures (and heads)! The unbranded blonde head is likely a recast of the Coo Model Pantheon Athena head, which itself is presumably based on one of the earlier WW heads from HotToys.

For me, the new HT WW84-sculpt naturally takes the crown here. I'm considering to get the recently announced NR Toys version of this particular head, as their earlier Black Widow head had a surprisingly good paintwork. Obviously, it won't reach the quality level of HotToys -- but I'm also not the biggest fan of  WW/Gal Gadot. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5235-new-product-nrtoys-1-6-golden-eagle-female-head-eagle-5-0-hair-transplant-edition

Thank you very much! And for the perspective (on the blonde's origins). You are right, the NR toys looks very much like a version of the HT WW84 head. I hope it looks as good as the prototypes and gives collectors a more affordable alternative.

Ovy wrote:Interesting, really great quality of the middle one, it makes the other two appear dull and lifeless. Very elegant and unique outfit, the pearl necklaces fit really well too. They remind me of the Mediterrans a bit. Americterrans Californiterrans or American Mediterran, in Cinemas now!!

Thank you very much. I'm glad you agree -- by itself the other heads are decent, but next to it they do appear just as you describe. Very flattered you liked the outfit I gave the HT version, as it was a very basic kitbash experiment. Ironically, the main pieces came from one of TBLeague's least successful pseudo-Egyptian god experiments. I, too, was reminded a little bit of your eclectic Mediterran creations -- since it is an Egyptian look trying to pass for its revival in the '20s but not specifically in the '20s. The pearl necklace is my own work. Maybe not the ideal length, but I'm very happy you liked it for what it is supposed to be. Smile

12headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:53 pm

Adeno

They're so pretty! I like the scenery. That guy is quite lucky to be surrounded by the ladies! Hopefully they have food! It reminds me of an old Asian movie from the 80s called "Temptation Island" where a bunch of beauty pageant contestants with some guys on a boat experience a shipwreck and they end up on an island. They have to survive while dealing with each other's unique attitudes lol!

I was looking for the one with english subtitles, but basically the scene is about the girls deciding to just dance around because they don't have any water left haha!

13headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:32 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking sculpts, Ian! great way to show them off.

14headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:I was looking for the one with english subtitles, but basically the scene is about the girls deciding to just dance around because they don't have any water left haha!

Haha! This makes sense. “Hey! I know we’re out of water and will likely die of dehydration in a few days, but what do you say we dance our cares away?”

There’s some logic for you.

15headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:19 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:They're so pretty! I like the scenery. That guy is quite lucky to be surrounded by the ladies! Hopefully they have food! It reminds me of an old Asian movie from the 80s called "Temptation Island" where a bunch of beauty pageant contestants with some guys on a boat experience a shipwreck and they end up on an island. They have to survive while dealing with each other's unique attitudes lol!

Thank you very much. Yes, I agree, although it occurs to me that these being Amazons, he might end up paying for his luck if they start fighting over him and one thinks "if I can't have him, none of y'all can have him either!" Smile

BAMComix wrote:Great looking sculpts, Ian! great way to show them off.

Thank you very much, Dal!

16headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The middle one is the best choice by far, looks good and the hair doesn't look weird.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! headsculpt - Three Gals 1f60e

17headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:The middle one is the best choice by far, looks good and the hair doesn't look weird.

Glad you agree, not that this is a must. Smile

18headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Mark, given what you mentioned as your plans for the GAC head, here is a quick shot:

headsculpt - Three Gals Thrgal18

19headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:42 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent. I think it’ll stand in fine for that helmeted look. Thanks for that.

20headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:26 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent. I think it’ll stand in fine for that helmeted look. Thanks for that.

You are very welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your WonderWomen. Smile

21headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:06 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@GFan, I didn't get the title until reading Davidd's post... doh!
Very nice pics, helmet on the GAC head looks great!
Now to painfully wait for months for the Golden Armor to arrive.

@Stryker, Same here, i bought the GAC head to put on the Golden Armor and use the rooted head on the WW84 body, but the one i bought is the GC037 with the sculpted tiara, i hope the helmet fits.

@Adeno, i didn't know that movie was originally done in the 80's. I only know of the 2011 movie which i just realized was a remake... another doh!

@Randam, I was contemplating on getting the NR Toys head even though i p.o.'d the HT, now i see a new offering, same Gal head but by TT Toys TQ022 with a higher P.O. price.
I'm pretty sure they're both using the HT head in their pics but like you mentioned, NR Toys has a good track record.

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/en/25854-headsculpt-16-wonder-woman-50-gal-gadot-tt-toys-tq022.html

22headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:23 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
NR toys did a great job on the scarlett head, so if you decide between TT and NR, I might favour NR. But of course, it is far from a given to get a similar great head as the hot toys one...

23headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:52 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Nice, the 3 Gals look great and cool photos!

24headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@GFan, I didn't get the title until reading Davidd's post... doh!
Very nice pics, helmet on the GAC head looks great!
Now to painfully wait for months for the Golden Armor to arrive.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. Hope you get yours soon enough and that the helmet works on that GAC head with the diadem -- you might be able to do it if you skip the underlying mask, if it does not work otherwise.

Valiarde wrote:NR toys did a great job on the scarlett head, so if you decide between TT and NR, I might favour NR. But of course, it is far from a given to get a similar great head as the hot toys one...

Seems like most of these heads are going to be good. But it is difficult to beat this HT one.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Nice, the 3 Gals look great and cool photos!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked the figures (which were really mostly to showcase the heads) and photos.

25headsculpt - Three Gals Empty Re: Three Gals Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:04 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I checked my POs, and I actually have the NR Gal head on order, not the GAC version. So, still waiting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum