OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom Made Hip Quiver

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:11 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hi folks, I'm back at it again with the paper towel and hockey tape.

My LIM Arthur Morgan was a fantastic addition to my collection. One part of his numerous accessories included a bow and arrow.

Now, I felt that an arrow, even just one, substituted reason enough to have a quiver made.

I dusted off my paper towel and tape and got to work.

I laid down enough to roll into a small tube, with excess at each ends to accommodate the closing of the tube, and a fold-over. I painted it and treated it with some floor polish and mod podge.

I used an off-cut for a band, which wrapped around the tube and covered a small tab I had made to hold a bent piece of paper clip for a loop, to which I glued a small loop to go over a belt.

The photos illustrate it better than I can describe it.

Custom Made Hip Quiver 51913914884_6726c71005_b

Custom Made Hip Quiver 51914209545_80d71a0c5a_b

Custom Made Hip Quiver 51913690963_734340d32a_b

A little rough but functional. If I had the extra materials I could've prettied it up a bit but it serves me just fine as a concept in its current state.

2Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:36 am

Diana

Diana
Fantastic!!! Very Happy

3Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:45 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thank you Diana!

4Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Diana, very nicely done. Love it when you get out your hockey tape and paper towels! Smile

5Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:08 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with Diana, very nicely done. Love it when you get out your hockey tape and paper towels! Smile

Haha thanks man! It's definitely some versatile stuff!

6Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:19 pm

Chip

Looks good PM , I was hoping to see it on an Indian , but looks good along with your figure .

7Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:45 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks Chip! Unfortunately I don't have any Indian figures yet but maybe sometime down the road Smile

8Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:12 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool quiver. That hockey tape sure is versatile. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom Made Hip Quiver C8485110

9Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:45 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks Mark, Appreciate it man

10Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:27 pm

dadrab

dadrab
That turned out just right, man.

Extremely well done.

11Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:00 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's really creative and looks quite good, it has a bit of a "stiffness" to it which fits something like a quiver.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Custom Made Hip Quiver 1f60e

12Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:29 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot folks! Now if only he had more arrows to help fill it up!

13Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PickleMunkey wrote:Thanks a lot folks! Now if only he had more arrows to help fill it up!

If I had one complaint about this set, which is one of the best boxed figure sets I’ve ever gotten, is the single arrow and lack of a quiver. You solved one issue perfectly, the other is going to be a little trickier, unless you can hunt down multiple loose arrows being sold from this set (or make your own to match). I’ll probably forgo using the bow and arrow myself.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom Made Hip Quiver C8485110

14Custom Made Hip Quiver Empty Re: Custom Made Hip Quiver Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
It's a proper shame, the arrow itself is a great piece, metal and sturdy. If I can find some thin enough skewers or something I might get crafty and make some to help fill out the quiver. May even strap some of the dynamite sticks to some as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum