OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Details:
Head carving * 1
Body * 1
Replacement hand * 6
Black suit * 1 set
White shirt * 1
Belt * 1
Tie * 1
Shoes * 1 pair
Vocal podium * 1 set

NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree301
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree302
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree300
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree303
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree789
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree790
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree793
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree791
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree792
NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Scree794

#newproduct #MrToys #Vladimir #male #Russian

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
This almost looks like a caricature of Putin

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I'm quite surprised that it's a full figure rather than selling a headsculpt, because I would have said, apart from any other issues with the headsculpt, that the body is too big or the head is too small, they seem mismatched. As to resemblance it almost looks like they fused some George W. Bush with the man, or maybe, a little Johnny Carson. With the Wolfking head coming out at about the same time, it seems that one is the way to go.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Saw this on fb the other day and had a good lough at "person of the year"  

I think this head is way worse than the wolfking one

shazzdan

shazzdan
The Wolfking head is better. If a criteria for selecting "person of the year" is someone who has major influence over world events, then Putin definitely qualifies. He has given Biden some credibility and created a nice distraction from local problems in the US. He has given Zelenskyy an opportunity to show that he is a real leader. He has brought Europe together and forced it to start taking defense spending seriously. He has destroyed the Russian and Ukrainian economies. He has forced up inflation throughout the entire world. His actions have pushed the world to the cusp of an energy crisis.

Valiarde

Valiarde
shazzdan wrote:The Wolfking head is better. If a criteria for selecting "person of the year" is someone who has major influence over world events, then Putin definitely qualifies.
Sure. But the year is three month old ffs. Don't count Selinskyi out yet  What if David defeats Goliath  Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Which brings up the very obvious question, for purposes of where we are (and staying away from politics) -- is someone going to be making a Zelenskyy head/figure?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the Wolfking likeness is much better. Between calling him Vladimir the Great and Person of the Year (even if this technically attests to impact rather than positive contribution), this product is more overtly intended as supportive of him -- unless that is ironic. Or both? It certainly fails to be flattering. Then again, perhaps the whole thing is indicative of trying to capitalize on relevance. A Zelenskyy head or figure would be very cool too, and why not a Lukashenko one for the trifecta! Then one can have them act out their rivalry in harmless photo stories.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:A Zelenskyy head or figure would be very cool too, and why not a Lukashenko one for the trifecta! Then one can have them act out their rivalry in harmless photo stories.

If only they could be persuaded that's the best place for it...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Smile ?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:If only they could be persuaded that's the best place for it...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Smile ?

LOL Don't, they will fight over who is who! Smile

11NEW PRODUCT: MR-TOYS: 1/6 scale Vladimir the Great Action Figure [MR-901] (REMEMBER THE RULES) Empty Name improvement. Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:53 am

traff120

Agreeing on this subject with POTUS. "Vladimir the butcher" would sell much better.

Ghost808

Ghost808
That is a shocking figure! The clothing is ill-fitting, the head is cartoonish. I'd almost suspect this was sabotaged at the factory by a disgruntled Ukraine sympathiser. Possibly the worst political official figure I've ever seen.

Not wanting to get too political, but the name of this figure doesn't sit right either. I think "great" should be swapped for a MUCH less flattering word.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, let's not get too political. But since it's been brought up, it strikes me that absolutely every political leader that has come to be known by the moniker "the Great" is likely to be thought of as something much less flattering by someone else. This is true for earlier leaders of Russia (Ivan III -- ask the Novgorodians; Peter I -- ask the Swedes and Turks; Catherine II -- ask the Poles), and for literally everyone else everywhere else, from Sargon to Rameses II, from Cyrus to Alexander, from Charlemagne to Frederick II. Each can be seen as hateful to someone. And one Roman emperor, Leo I, was actually known to his own subjects as "the Great" and as "the Butcher," for different reasons. I'm no fan of relativism, and I'm not inclined to either excuse Putin's actions or yet another questionable choice of product naming by a Chinese company producing action figures in our scale. But it does make me think.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:.... or yet another questionable choice of product naming by a Chinese company producing action figures in our scale. But it does make me think.

I suspect it's more an issue of translation rather than naming. Perhaps "great" would be more accurately translated as "powerful" or "head of state" or "ruler" or even "big shot" or something. I don't read or speak Chinese, so I can't say with certainty. However, COOModels naming their "pope" figure "Jihad Pontifex" ( https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5216-new-product-coomodel-1-6-legends-of-the-empire-priesthood-of-the-holy-war-standard-edition-legendary-edition-el004-el005 ) suggests that there are often translation issues, sometimes amusing ones, when it comes to figure names.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:I suspect it's more an issue of translation rather than naming. Perhaps "great" would be more accurately translated as "powerful" or "head of state" or "ruler" or even "big shot" or something. I don't read or speak Chinese, so I can't say with certainty. However, COOModels naming their "pope" figure "Jihad Pontifex" ( https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5216-new-product-coomodel-1-6-legends-of-the-empire-priesthood-of-the-holy-war-standard-edition-legendary-edition-el004-el005 ) suggests that there are often translation issues, sometimes amusing ones, when it comes to figure names.

Could be, but unlikely. The labels are in English, and this is something perhaps easier to translate from Chinese than "Crusader Pope."

venator5

venator5
Hmmm... that head looks like a different person. not even similar.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I suppose it is rather thin ice all round on subjects like this. It could even be argued that just the mere releasing of a putin likeness, during a time of conflict, by a Chinese company, is in itself a political statement.

I can definitely see these selling well on Ukraine's amazon page, right above "people who bought this, also bought, lighter fluid and matches" 😄 (not much use otherwise, with that awful likeness)

Apologies if this is rule breaking. Just an observation and some low brow humour. I'll delete or edit if needs be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum