OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forever Adventuring!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:48 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Arcata, if you like that SD head, you are in luck. If anything, it is overused on this forum (at least I feel that way, since I don't like it to the point of finding it difficult to comment on postings where it appears -- to each his own). Smile If you poke around, you will find countless other instances in threads by ThePhotogsBlog and davidd, both in General Talk and Photo Stories. Enjoy!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Arcata

GubernatorFan wrote:Arcata, if you like that SD head, you are in luck. If anything, it is overused on this forum (at least I feel that way, since I don't like it to the point of finding it difficult to comment on postings where it appears -- to each his own). Smile If you poke around, you will find countless other instances in threads by ThePhotogsBlog and davidd, both in General Talk and Photo Stories. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip! I have a new mission. Laughing

28 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm

davidd

Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 51980474889_8467910609_z

Razz

29 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Arcata

davidd wrote:

Razz

Hahaha! Ok, now that’s funny. Laughing

Mine is the one on the left. And apologies to BAMcomix, I didn’t mean to derail your thread.

30 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:41 pm

davidd

davidd
Arcata wrote:... I ordered the other two hairstyles/colors of the same head as the next two in my collection.

Look at you, Doug; new to the forum, with only three posts to your credit, and you can already consider yourself to be an "influencer." lol!

I had forgotten about the dark-hair version of the SDH-018 head sculpt (the most popular head sculpt on the forum, some might say Razz ). Your posts reminded me, and I have just now purchased the "C" dark hair version via eBay.

Okay, I suppose it's time to let BAMComix have his topic back now. Wink

31 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:20 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Cool photos with great action scenes BAMComix! Very Happy

32 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:12 pm

Arcata

Arcata
davidd wrote:
Arcata wrote:... I ordered the other two hairstyles/colors of the same head as the next two in my collection.

Look at you, Doug; new to the forum, with only three posts to your credit, and you can already consider yourself to be an "influencer."  lol!

I had forgotten about the dark-hair version of the SDH-018 head sculpt (the most popular head sculpt on the forum, some might say Razz ). Your posts reminded me, and I have just now purchased the "C"  dark hair version via eBay.

Okay, I suppose it's time to let BAMComix have his topic back now. Wink

Just so long as you first tell me where to pick up my cut of SuperDuck's proceeds. And I laughed at your comment about the most popular sculpt. Laughing Cool

33 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
csyeung wrote:Great action scene!

Cheers my friend Very Happy .

Randam Hajile wrote:More great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks! I always love reading your comments Very Happy .

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice new photos of Daxter, and I can never get enough of your jungle.

Thank you Ian! I have to admit, the jungle is great fun to construct bounce bounce bounce

Arcata wrote:Excellent series!  Your diorama is awesome, your photography is excellent, and your poses are superb.  Thanks for taking the time to make and post it.  I agree with Diana, the last photo looks so real in one quick glance you could easily mistake it for an actual movie still.  Come to think of it, the last photo in both posts is outstanding.  

This is my first post here, so I hope I don't come across as a know it all, but did you consider having Daxter's empty holster be the one under his right armpit?  He's got his Beretta in his left hand, and he's wearing a double gun rig, so the most natural way to draw from a shoulder holster would be cross-draw.  Drawing from a reversed holster on the same side has certainly been done, it was named the "cavalry draw" because mounted soldiers carried their revolvers on the right so they could use their saber with their strong hand, but when everyone decided to use their guns instead of swords, they just started drawing from the same side even though the gun was butt forward in the holster.  Wild Bill Hickok was famous for preferring the cavalry draw, but it really went out of style after him.  If you did it for artistic license, so the second, holstered pistol could be seen easier in the photos, then don't mind me, I'll just go back to my corner.  Laughing  

And finally, I can't tell you how excited I was to see you using the SDH018 for your female in the last couple shots.  I've searched high and low for heads that I like, and the SDH018 is my favorite.  It's the only one I currently own, and when I saw it in person, I ordered the other two hairstyles/colors of the same head as the next two in my collection.  Yours is the first photo I've seen of the head being used... like ever.  Haha...on forums, youtube, Flickr, anywhere.  Sorry for nerding out, but that was very fun to see.  

-Doug

Thanks so much! really pleased you enjoyed the post and pics. As for the holster, that was an oversight on my part, I must keep an eye open for such things in the future Very Happy . I must admit, I do like the sd heads,a s well as kimi heads. They have so much potential.

davidd wrote:

Razz

lol! lol! lol! @ Dave!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Cool photos with great action scenes BAMComix! Very Happy

Many thanks baddog! really appreciated!

34 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
A few more shots of Dax's adventures Very Happy

Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52002263839_25e642ce2a_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52002538375_b19c607d41_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52002538235_a5292bd95a_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52002263329_58777744bd_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52003992324_e3e680233a_c Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52004261780_8cd8043b69_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52003737986_a6cbbe1c07_c
 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 52003799508_b7839bdaa9_c

35 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:30 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice pics! It's always a pleasure to look at your jungle scences.
The old man seems to need a small break for smoking  Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 1f600

36 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:04 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Characters and posing. Especially the hit in the face. Not easy to show a scene like this. Love Adventure stories, let them come.

37 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully put together and shot, as usual.

38 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice pics! It's always a pleasure to look at your jungle scences.
The old man seems to need a small break for smoking   Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 1f600  

Cheers RH! yeah, I think your right, Victor should maybe lay off his pipe! Laughing

Ephiane wrote:Great Characters and posing. Especially the hit in the face. Not easy to show a scene like this. Love Adventure stories, let them come.

Thanks so much! such a great compliment from someone who does great posing and story telling! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully put together and shot, as usual.

Many thanks Ian! bounce bounce

39 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:31 am

Diana

Diana
Nice. Like right out of a movie. Smile

40 Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forever Adventuring! Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So are some really great shots. The colors are always so vibrant in your photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Forever Adventuring! - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum