OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Bespin Luke is adorable, but I won't be getting this one, unfortunately. I have neither the funds nor the space for all the OT figures. A while ago I had to make the decision to limit my 1/6 Original Trilogy collection to RotJ figures, since it was my most-watched SW movie as a kid.  

I'm also steadily losing the ability to wait around for pre-ordered HT figures in general. It's just too stressful due to my increasingly uncertain financial situation.  Sad

That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear, S.

How are your custom SW characters coming along?

Thanks. I know I've been moaning about it for a while, but this past year has really put the nail in the coffin so to speak. I've had to accept that there's a certain level of 'disposable income' that  is required in order to be a serious 'collector' at this scale, and I'm just not there at this present time. I used to have it, when I first started out in the hobby, but times just got too tough. So, my focus has been shifting almost exclusively to custom figures now. But at least things are much better in that area for Star Wars these days, since 3D printing has really taken off. That's the silver lining.... I may miss out on certain HT figures, but at least there are now a few more options when it comes to customising and kitbashing SW characters than there were in the past.

As for my customs, I just finished a commission I was working on and am now finally able to work on my own stuff again. Currently trying to put something together in time for May the Fourth. Don't know if I'll succeed in time, but even if it's a bit late I'll hopefully have something ready soon-ish. : )

Yikes. That is unfortunate. Hopefully things will turn around for you guys. Glad to hear you've been working on other things, though, and that maybe you'll have time to work on your own figures again.

ukshaun

Probably the best Luke (likeness wise) Hot Toys have offered so far.
I am sort of tempted. Fact is, i have orange suit Luke on pre_order, and that looks damn decent with the helmet on with some portrait on show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

He arrived a week ago, but I had to make room for him first. Still not satisfied, but last night it was time to unbox him. I forgot just how much joy it brings me to unbox a Hot Toys figure! Here are some quick photos of him:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 10128
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 11121
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 12104
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1394
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1480
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1573
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1665
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1756
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ LUKE SKYWALKER™ (BESPIN™) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (standard & Deluxe) - Page 2 1849

Valiarde

Fantastic close ups (with the ring light?) Smile ! Congrats on this figure- always nice to unpack cool stuff and I can feel your excitement for it, which is enjoyable

His hair look so much more crisp than his face Smile Nice figure and a true "classic"

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:Fantastic close ups (with the ring light?) Smile ! Congrats on this figure- always nice to unpack cool stuff and I can feel your excitement for it, which is enjoyable

His hair look so much more crisp than his face Smile Nice figure and a true "classic"

Thank you! Very Happy

That's actually a magnifying glass with, yes, a ring light attached to it. That one effect shot was through that lense and quite fun. Smile

In hand his hair doesn't look that separate so I'm guessing it's the iPhone trying too hard to enhance certain parts of the image and getting it wrong.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The face on this figure is really good! Glad you got him!

I'm less enthused about the sculpted hair, but I feel that way about most Hot Toys figures these days.

Thank you for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Offtopic...or Sidetopic:

Seeing his boots, I found some good quality knock offs on ali:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005062423232.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.15.3b435c5fjo6ysL&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

I think for the price they are real good. But I think the material from HT might be more true to the source? Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you got him and liked him after all, Diana. And nice close ups!
If anyone is army-building Hoth Rebels, these boots can also come in handy, Simon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum