OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I'm not really surprised, but I'm sorry you're disappointed. Then again, you pulled off a beautiful shot of your own.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

At least it looks kinda cool on your pic, even if the quality is a bit subpar of the figure itself.

Thanks for posting

rootleaf

I just received my figure and I was expecting the heft of a phicen seamless body but it turns out that they used a custom PopToys-type body with ratcheting knees. Like Davidd said, it is a little disappointing but I understand that it may have been a cost cutting move on the part of the manufacturer. Some could argue that if it is going to be displayed on a shelf or in a case then why does the weight of it matter? Well, if I am paying this much for a figure, I want it to be substantial. Perhaps in my short stint as a collector of these types of figures, I have become spoiled by the TBLeague bodies? Nevertheless, I still like the figure because it is unique and I am a fan of different. I used to be a Star Wars purist but this figure is just absurd and outrageous. Here are some photos I took:

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1112

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1010

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1011

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1113

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1114

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1115

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1116

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Fuji1117

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Despite her shortcomings you’re photos don’t look half bad.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks reasonably good with the human head and the photos are great.

davidd

davidd
rootleaf wrote:Perhaps in my short stint as a collector of these types of figures, I have become spoiled by the TBLeague bodies?

I have definitely had my expectations set by the TBLeague full set releases, and particularly by the TBLeague / Executive Replicas collaborations. I was hoping, as were you, for a figure with more mass to it when I pre-ordered this release.

Your images look good, and they make the figure look very nice. I'm beginning to look forward to assembling the entire figure and setting up some more shots here soon.

Due to the way the costume is "installed" on the figure, I do not think it would be practical to replace the body. And for most purposes - display, photos, or stories - the stock body will be adequate.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Disappointed to hear the body isn't seamless. I was looking forward to getting this body parted out, purely for the muscle tone.
Shame they misled with the descriptions.

Great photos though, rootless and davidd.

davidd

davidd
NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper1

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper2

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper3

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper5

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper7

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper8b

War Story WS015 Empire Commando action figure

I swapped out the stock head for a YMToys YMT037B because I thought it looked more "retro-future."

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The human head is an improvement. Not a big fan of these as they come.

rootleaf

rootleaf

NEW PRODUCT: WAR STORY TOYS: 1/6 Empire Commandos (Female) - Assault + Red Random Limited Edition #WS015/S - Page 2 Trooper8b[/center]

War Story WS015 Empire Commando action figure

I swapped out the stock head for a YMToys YMT037B because I thought it looked more "retro-future."[/quote]

I love this action photo! Nice backgrounds, davidd!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good figure. Looks better with the switched-out portrait.
If you were to suspend the fantasy element for a second, it is an odd concept, Stormtrooper armor that only covers 50% of the body ;D
With the helmet in place, the neck comes off as on the long side.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
ukshaun wrote:
With the helmet in place, the neck comes off as on the long side.

Yes, and since the helmet is a solid chunk of heavy molded resin (I think -- or a very hard, dense plastic), adjusting the socket to fit more deeply would require removing the socket liner and drilling the hole deeper, risking cracking the entire helmet. I found it a bit disappointing the way the helmet is made.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ukshaun wrote:If you were to suspend the fantasy element for a second, it is an odd concept, Stormtrooper armor that only covers 50% of the body ;D

Yes, but it makes perfect sense if you assume there must be strippers working in the Star Wars universe -- the same way, I am reliably advised, that there are strippers who wear cop and fireman outfits IRL. Actually, there's a Star Wars scene I'd like to see for many reasons. Maybe like a Jessica Alba Sin City but on Tatooine.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Yes, but it makes perfect sense if you assume there must be strippers working in the Star Wars universe -- the same way, I am reliably advised, that there are strippers who wear cop and fireman outfits IRL.  Actually, there's a Star Wars scene I'd like to see for many reasons.  Maybe like a Jessica Alba Sin City but on Tatooine.
Well, I've done it with stormtroopers. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum