OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
SUB-ZERO
An assassin of the Lin Kuei clan, Kuai Liang commands the power of ice and cold. Unlike other members of his clan, he and his older brother, Bi-Han, were abducted as children by the Lin Kuei and trained in the techniques of assassination throughout their lives. Though his codename is Tundra, he has now assumed the mantle of Sub-Zero to honour his brother after Bi-Han's mysterious death. With the help of his fellow Lin Kuei Smoke, Sub-Zero tirelessly hunts the one who killed his brother.
Sub-Zero 1/6 Scale Collectible Action Figure Features:
Fabric Material Outfit
4 x Pair of Hands
1 x Frost Axe
2 x Ice Blast
1 x Ice Skull
4 x Spear
Estimated Release Date: Q4 2022

NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220113
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220313
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220413
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220414
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220513
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220611
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220612
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220711
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220812
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15220912
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221013
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221012
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221111
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221211
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221312
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221313
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221314
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221411
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221412
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221511
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221613
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221712
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15221813
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 15222010

#newproduct #StormToys #MortalKombat #Sub-Zero #male #videogame

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
The 1/12 predecessors of sub zero and scorpion are long sold out and way overpriced on ebay nowadays, still they were really well made figures.despite the visible ankles here they'd fit nicely into my mortal kombat collection. but when the 1/12 "originals" started at 69,- € back in the day, scorpion is already listed at some 300+ € at my usual store for preorder. Way to expensive for essentially a blue and yellow ninja with some special fx fluff. 😞

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool looking figure, but the elbow joints are very distracting. They really need to look at a seamless solution of some sort.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Cool looking figure, but the elbow joints are very distracting. They really need to look at a seamless solution of some sort.

Totally right -- I couldn't look at any single picture without those elbows overwhelming anything else.  I was trying to figure out why they bother me even more than just any regular GI Joe style jointed arms.  Then it occurred to me that something odd is happening at a perceptual level, because unconsciously my brain must be going, "Why is there a letter H there, pulling my eyes?"

I own and love some Storm Collectibles in 1/12 scale and at that size their distinctive letter H elbow shape doesn't jump out so much. Seamless arms would make this figure excellent, but just "routine everybody else's jointed" arms would at least have spared it from, IMHO, flat out failure.  This is one case where an unadjusted "one-up" was not the way to go.  Was looking forward to these Storm Collectibles entering 1/6 so I am disappointed.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Letter H is right. Aren't Hasbro's high end figures seamless already? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
At the very least they could have used a World Box body which isn’t half as distracting as this. When everything is done at a “realistic” level from the face to the details on the arms and hands, etc., but to then have these hideous elbow and shoulder joints — just screams laziness.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:At the very least they could have used a World Box body which isn’t half as distracting as this. When everything is done at a “realistic” level from the face to the details on the arms and hands, etc., but to then have these hideous elbow and shoulder joints — just screams laziness.

Well, in fairness, there is one reason:  they do increase the range of a double jointed elbow V bend much beyond a seamless figure or even a regular jointed one.  But the trade-off of looking so unrealistic isn't nearly worth it.  The visibility is different at 1/12 scale.  Also in 1/12 scale the H pattern boosts holding strength which isn't needed with the larger plastic bits of 1/6. Their laziness was coasting on their 1/12 praises and not doing any redesign for 1/6 scale.

GubernatorFan wrote:Letter H is right. Aren't Hasbro's high end figures seamless already? Smile
Not sure what you mean by "Hasbro's high end figures" -- I wouldn't call anything Hasbro makes high-end, even their club exclusive stuff.  You may be thinking of the new line of GI Joe figures which do carry a Hasbro brand jointly with Three Zero, but those are Three Zero figures.  Hasbro is only there because they are the owner and licensor of GI Joe.  If that is what you were thinking of, yes, they've gone at least partly seamless.  Those arms on this figure would have earned it a higher rating than the rating I'd currently give it: Sub-Zero.
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 61ujnz11

teamweapon

didnt storm already do a sub zero? or am i get mixed up with world box?
either way i agree those joints are butt ugly haha

ukshaun

ukshaun
He looks excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Not sure what you mean by "Hasbro's high end figures" -- I wouldn't call anything Hasbro makes high-end, even their club exclusive stuff.  You may be thinking of the new line of GI Joe figures which do carry a Hasbro brand jointly with Three Zero, but those are Three Zero figures.  Hasbro is only there because they are the owner and licensor of GI Joe.  If that is what you were thinking of, yes, they've gone at least partly seamless.  Those arms on this figure would have earned it a higher rating than the rating I'd currently give it: Sub-Zero.
NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: 1/6 Mortal Kombat Series - Sub-Zero Action Figure 61ujnz11
That is exactly what I meant. Since I'm not really into these characters, I had a more than usually vague idea of the brand/production credit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum