OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen / Jiaou ?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I can't help you on the body size, or color. That's a pretty good looking Lara set, though I'm not seeing Alicia in that sculpt at all (which is fine, I didn't really care for that movie).

22phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 am

Valiarde

GubernatorFan wrote:Ephiane, as DFC reported they are different companies. Jiaou bodies are cheaper not so much in price as in not having an entirely-steel skeleton (there are steel joints but not the entire skeleton). This makes their movement a little less smooth, and the range of movement and holding a pose is slightly inferior to the all-steel Phicen/TBLeague ones. The rubbery skin works similarly, but is a little less supple, and is reported to be a different material. The price of Jiaou products is surprisingly usually as high or higher as those by TBLeague.

When looking for specifically TBLeague (Phicen) bodies, throw in the product number (e.g., M30, M31, M32, M33, M34, and the upcoming M35 for males, and S23B or whatever for females).

Here is a comparison of the different Jiaou male and female bodies I had posted on OSW some time ago. Besides these, there is a KT body color for the female bodies, which is almost identical to but a little bit lighter than the wheat.
CAVEAT: After taking this photo, they went back into their respective boxes, and a few months later I discovered that the "brown" body had broken out into patches of more intensive coloring...

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Jd201810

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pics. Do you guys recommend the black Jiaou doll figure? I probably want a black seamless one but TBLeague only have the very tall basketball body, don't they?

23phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
The last Jiaou body I bought that was “black” was years ago, and it was a weird Grey/yellow color. So, unless they changed the dye formula, I’d avoid. Not a lot of heads out there will match.

24phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:39 am

Valiarde

Thanks hmmm

So either plastic Body or oversized Phicen as options? Or hoping the new bodies have a better color..
Thinking of Black Panther head

25phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The new male bodies seem to have a different color then the females, so it might work. Trial and error is pretty much the option, more often than not.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 C8485110

26phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:34 am

Ovy

Ovy
Option O: color a tbleague body with oil pastels. Very Happy

27phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:The new male bodies seem to have a different color then the females, so it might work. Trial and error is pretty much the option, more often than not.

I guess I will do that

Ovy wrote:Option O: color a tbleague body with oil pastels. Very Happy

Puh, if that works? But I think I will buy a Jiaou and if its not dark enough, try your option on him. Very Happy

28phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 am

Ovy

Ovy
Valiarde wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The new male bodies seem to have a different color then the females, so it might work. Trial and error is pretty much the option, more often than not.

I guess I will do that

Puh, if that works? But I think I will buy a Jiaou and if its not dark enough, try your option on him. Very Happy

It works on the tbleague bodies at least:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies

29phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ovy wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

I guess I will do that

It works on the tbleague bodies at least:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies

Perfect! Should look more into the Tuturial part of this board. Smile
Some very nice ideas in my head. Let's see what we can do in the next few month Razz

30phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde, the oil pastel (not the water-soluble ones!) method works pretty great with TBLeague. It also works on Jiaou, but Jiaou body surface can get easily scratched/ripped, resulting in unsightly "discoloration" effects, so I wouldn't recommend it as much. The real challenge is finding oil pastel that is close enough to the color you want, since they do not blend as easily or as completely as actual paints. If you're trying to make an African character, the selection of browns I have come across is rather limited, but you can probably still manage it -- see the painting seamless bodies thread Ovy linked (starting with Ephiane's discovery in post 16, with examples of my darker painted bodies in posts 39, 48, and 58).

31phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks guys! Will check it out for sure. Already on my way to far more kitbashing, so why not try some more rigorous approaches Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum