OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen / Jiaou ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:34 am

Ovy

Option O: color a tbleague body with oil pastels. Very Happy

27phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 am

Valiarde

Stryker2011 wrote:The new male bodies seem to have a different color then the females, so it might work. Trial and error is pretty much the option, more often than not.

I guess I will do that

Ovy wrote:Option O: color a tbleague body with oil pastels. Very Happy

Puh, if that works? But I think I will buy a Jiaou and if its not dark enough, try your option on him. Very Happy

28phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 am

Ovy

Valiarde wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The new male bodies seem to have a different color then the females, so it might work. Trial and error is pretty much the option, more often than not.

I guess I will do that

Puh, if that works? But I think I will buy a Jiaou and if its not dark enough, try your option on him. Very Happy

It works on the tbleague bodies at least:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies

29phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:51 am

Valiarde

Ovy wrote:
Valiarde wrote:

I guess I will do that

It works on the tbleague bodies at least:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies

Perfect! Should look more into the Tuturial part of this board. Smile
Some very nice ideas in my head. Let's see what we can do in the next few month Razz

30phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde, the oil pastel (not the water-soluble ones!) method works pretty great with TBLeague. It also works on Jiaou, but Jiaou body surface can get easily scratched/ripped, resulting in unsightly "discoloration" effects, so I wouldn't recommend it as much. The real challenge is finding oil pastel that is close enough to the color you want, since they do not blend as easily or as completely as actual paints. If you're trying to make an African character, the selection of browns I have come across is rather limited, but you can probably still manage it -- see the painting seamless bodies thread Ovy linked (starting with Ephiane's discovery in post 16, with examples of my darker painted bodies in posts 39, 48, and 58).

31phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks guys! Will check it out for sure. Already on my way to far more kitbashing, so why not try some more rigorous approaches Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum