OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product: HENG TOYS
Name: 1/6 Persian female archer
NO: PE012(standard version)

Material: Alloy+plastic+leather+cloth
Listing
Heda ×1
Ferrite ×1
The shape of the hand ×4
The belt ×1
Cape ×1
Hand armor ×1 to
Leather jacket ×1
Leather skirt ×1
Combat boots ×1
Bow ×1
Bow and arrow ×3
Bow and arrow bag ×1
Knife ×1
Folding bracket ×1

NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10361910
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362111
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362211
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362310
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362410
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362610
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10362710

Product: HENG TOYS
Name: 1/6 Persian female archer
NO: PE013(high-end version)

Material: Alloy+plastic+leather+cloth
Listing
Mail helmet mask ×1
Locks a coat ×1
Heda ×1
Ferrite ×1
The shape of the hand ×4
The belt ×1
Cape ×1
Hand armor ×1 to
Leather jacket ×1
Leather skirt ×1
Combat boots ×1
Bow ×1
Bow and arrow ×3
Bow and arrow bag ×1
Knife ×1
Folding bracket ×1

NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10380510
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10380610
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10380710
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10380810
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10381010
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10381110
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10381210
NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) 10381410

#newproduct #HengToys #Persian (???) #female #archer #fantasy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hoh, they couldn't even be bothered to make the head brunette? I hope that's just a provisional sculpt. Laughing

Accuracy aside (as usual) there are a couple of nice little design elements in this, but mostly it looks a bit cheap and plasticky.

Nothing that CooModels or Hau Toys don't do much better.

Ovy

Ovy
Some really weird decisions were made here... many problems could have been fixed by choosing a different name, haha.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah… this looks like a Mattel Barbie-type figure. The body looks terrible, the cheap pleather will disintegrate in about a week, and nothing about the skin tone or blonde hair says Middle Eastern ancestor. What a waste of resources.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Probably one of the most disappointing clicks ever. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
This just screams spare parts.

Valiarde

Valiarde
peanutsinspace wrote:This just screams spare parts.
Was my first thought, but i dont really like the look of most parts either

shazzdan

shazzdan
Mattel has Barbies that are better than this.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Unimpressive, as others have said. One single element that does appeal to me doesn't seem to have engaged others - namely the chain mail accessorized mask of the "High" edition. Not necessarily historical but cool, in a "300" kind of territory. Totally sabotaged anyway by knowing what the headsculpt is like underneath, where (1) she's just too bland, (2) and not remotely Middle Eastern, and (3) and way too locked in to conventions of make-up and hair style, that I guess we just blindly take for granted from our movies but not our history.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
As a woman of Persian descent, I ought to be insulted, but all I can do is laugh. It's sooo comically bad. The worst figure I've seen in one of these new product announcements yet. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I usually try to be a little diplomatic, but I just can't here.
This figure is awful on so many levels. Weak HS, boring, (and not remotely accurate) outfit design, and that's before we even touch on the pale blonde elephant in the room!
I don't even want to kitbash any of the parts from this.
Really, what were they thinking???

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I'd honestly be surprised if this gets enough POs to even make it to manufacturing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HENG TOYS: 1/6 Persian Female Archer Standard Edition (PE012) & High Edition (PE013) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I see this very much as Heng Toys taking the wrong lessons from the success of TBL Phicen.  It specifically exaggerates various things I see as negatives in the TBL's, especially the general blandness and apparent randomness of headsculpts not matching the theme; and also some oversimplification of the gear.  Thing is, that the TBL's typically have enough positives to offset those same real and precise negatives.  Heng Toys forgot that part.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Agreed, it just looks cheaply put together, especially all the outfit parts being plastic rather than fabric. I quite like the headsculpt, but it’s very generic and seems totally out of place for what the figure is supposed to represent. The maille shirt is probably the best part of all of it which isn’t saying much 😂

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The mask is one of the few nice elements I mentioned upthread, so you're not alone MBAM. Smile

That head sculpt is a cheap generic standalone release, it's been available for a couple of years and hasn't appealed in all that time so I don't see why it would now. I'd hope it was some kind of 'placeholder' for the real thing later down the line, but it seems like these guys couldn't even be bothered to craft their own sculpt for this figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, nothing like disappointment or outrage to get the responses flowing, is there? Smile
But I agree, completely, with what has been said, and especially with the two posts by MBAM.
It seems to me that they went for just a smidge of intensity in the expression, although there is so little of it, that it comes off unsuitably bland and passive -- a common problem especially with fantasy female figures. The blonde hair is obviously a ridiculously unfortunate and distracting choice. Are those boots one piece? If so, ouch! The helmet and mask are cool, although unless this is supposed to be a disguise for her being a woman, the stylized mustache-like elements seem inappropriate.

Heng Toys' earlier Persian figures were, while far from perfect and a tad cheaply done (or so it seems from the quality), at least remotely plausible in a diachronic/not-too-historically-specific way. They also seem to do better when working on collaboration with HaoYu Toys, although even then there are unnecessary flights of fancy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum