OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lady Liberta Mediterrana

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Lady Liberta Mediterrana Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:07 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Lady Liberta and the Promised Land

Roqi starring as Lady Liberta.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta09b

There are old legends telling that beyond the endless ocean, there is a giant goddess, towering on a cliff at the end of the world, greeting travelers from afar and leading their boats into a new promised land of freedom, happiness and riches, where giants live and all tribes are united under one starfish spangled banner.

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta01

Roqi, daughter of Big Chief Baloverne, adapted that mighty symbol to bring out her and her family's vision of one day uniting the Mediterran tribes.

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta04

The sharp teeth growing out of her skull symbolize a crown of sun rays piercing the darkness of ignorance and man's oppression. Her torch enlightens the dark world.

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta05

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta07

The Akai is an old ritualistic weapon. It's a symbol of power and there are many legends associated with it. Like shamans could part the sea for a gateway to the promised land, or making the Akai spit old vulcanic fire from it's tip. That last legend clearly stems from the fact that the Akai's end is often used as a torch in rituals.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta03

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta02

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta06

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta12

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta13c

2Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Wow, very nice! I like your "mythology" behind the character. Very creative ideas about the origin of the Akai (AK47) weapon Smile

3Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:16 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha! That was brilliant. Love her look and legend. (Dig the music too).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lady Liberta Mediterrana C8485110

4Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:29 pm

davidd

davidd
This is impressively cool and creative! Real shells for the shoulder guards and some of the other costume accessories?

5Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful and inspired. I found the "tilted" photos the most effective. And sweet backstory.

6Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:50 am

blackpool

blackpool
Gorgeous creation! The photography works beautifully as well, there is real mediterranean feeling, some greek island for example!

7Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:49 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! The 'AK' is a great touch. Laughing

As always, your mediterrans are delightful, it's so neat to see how you make use of the real shells in 1/6 scale.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:01 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks a lot people! Of course this thread is dedicated to my Dear American friends, I probably wouldn't have finished it yet, but I set the 4th July as a Deadline to finish some serious upgrades. Laughing  

Some additional photos.

Here another detail view of the Akai. It's from 20th century Toys, I added a mix of Pigments and PVA to make it very rusty. And I aged the iconic Kalashnikov-Orange of the wooden parts into the brown we see here. There are two shark teeth at the end of the grip.
The little starfish at the stock is rather fragile.
I actually want to make a real starfish spangled banner some other time.
Oh and the little white shell was sent to me by Real American Hero GregT, he fished them out of a hidden river bay only accessable by professionals. I think it fit the theme.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta14

Three badly lit pictures saved in post production.

The body was colored with Soft Pastels to match the head. It looked dead grey which is not healthy. When I found those turqouise/lady-liberty-colored uneven pearls in a thrift shop and salvaged them, it was my patriotic duty to work on this figure again.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta15b

The hair is completely redone, I removed the old lamb hair and carved the sculpt some more. I used black wool sent to me by Real American Hero skywalkersaga.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta16b

And for the crown and pendant I used little shark teeth. Inside those medical masks are those little wire thingies, I glued the teeth onto one and wrapped it in grandma thigh scraps.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta17d

And older Pics in front of a black background. But I stopped to shoot and waited until the next day, the Mediterrans just look the best in real daylight.

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta-B01

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta18b

But here it makes more sense to turn them into BW pics.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta18c

Or add an aquatic tint

Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta18d

Try to imagine little helicopters flying next to her head.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta18f

Demonic Presence detected.
Lady Liberta Mediterrana Liberta18e

Randam Hajile wrote:Wow, very nice! I like your "mythology" behind the character. Very creative ideas about the origin of the Akai (AK47) weapon Smile
Thanks a lot! Oh and actually it's an AK-74.

Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! That was brilliant. Love her look and legend. (Dig the music too).
Thanks a lot! Yeah I think a relaxed cool surfy musical vibe fits the Mediterrans.

davidd wrote:This is impressively cool and creative! Real shells for the shoulder guards and some of the other costume accessories?
Thanks so much! Yeah I started to make characters sporting equipment made of shells etc in 2019. The shoulder guards are made from the shell of a sea urchin. I like how you can break them apart carefully to get those jagged edges.

You can click on the link in my signature, the first paragraph has links to the other Mediterran projects with all the WIP. There is also an early first WIP of this character (Roqi) there. It also has first hints of the Akai.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful and inspired. I found the "tilted" photos the most effective. And sweet backstory.
Thanks a lot! Yes the tilted ones have a dynamic. Btw thanks Gubernator for your patriotic service guberning this state.

blackpool wrote:Gorgeous creation! The photography works beautifully as well, there is real mediterranean feeling, some greek island for example!
Thanks a lot! Yeah I tried to catch some minimalistic Santorini vibe. Until now I just have a plain blue background, not sure yet if I just draw one or use a photo. I want to be able to depict different times of day.

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks awesome! The 'AK' is a great touch. Laughing  

As always, your mediterrans are delightful, it's so neat to see how you make use of the real shells in 1/6 scale.
Thanks a lot! As you read, the new hair of the figure is actually from the batch you sent me a while ago.

9Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:
Thanks a lot! As you read, the new hair of the figure is actually from the batch you sent me a while ago.

Oh, awesome, tt turned out really gorgeous. I love you

And the rust effect you did looks SO good. Very convincing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:38 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
Very creative use of the 'girls with guns' theme! I love it.

11Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The additional images are glorious. Thanks for them and for the explanations, presented with the usual (and welcome) doze of Ovydian humor.

12Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:53 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I don't know anyone else who can mix in this amount of satire and still make it just come across as so genuinely awesome.  Your lore is as incredible as always, and I will never get tired of seeing our modern history viewed through your apocalyptic lens.  It's smart, funny, and yet still completely believable and so damn cool.  The figure and photos are absolutely gorgeous, and have me ready to embrace my newfound Mediterran patriotism.  I can completely see her dressed in this outfit for a cultural festival full of pageantry, fire and explosions.

13Lady Liberta Mediterrana Empty Re: Lady Liberta Mediterrana Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:01 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Now that's really cool, her outfit is great and looks like something that would be worn in a festival, really great read how the people of your post apocalyptic world see their world.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Lady Liberta Mediterrana 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum