OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:03 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, All. Appreciate everyone still checking it out and for the nice comments.

shovelchop81 wrote:Nice additions! Will you or have you made a dio for them, like a bar or street scene? You probably mentioned it but I have memory like a sieve at times..

I haven’t yet. But, as I was just sitting here watching an Audie Murphy Western, it popped into my head that I need to start making (at the very least) false fronts of buildings, or find a way to get decent backdrop photo. I would like to make some interiors, as well. All of it is going to have to be something that can break down easy. Interiors I’d like to do would be sheriff’s office, saloon, bank, bathhouse/barbershop, the Stryker’s home (I’m sure there are more…).

102Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

I remember that!! Super detailed with all the opening hatches and bottles! I think shop fronts with boardwalks(?) and sun canopies and a dirt street would be the most versatile and easiest to pack away, you could use it for shootouts, tether a horse or two and even show off that stagecoach if you decide to build it; I think it would be worth investing in a frett or scroll saw if you do though.

104Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:15 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

I remember that!! Super detailed with all the opening hatches and bottles! I think shop fronts with boardwalks(?) and sun canopies and a dirt street would be the most versatile and easiest to pack away, you could use it for shootouts, tether a horse or two and even show off that stagecoach if you decide to build it; I think it would be worth investing in a frett or scroll saw if you do though.

His stagecoach was impressive, as well. Not sure whatever happened to Nigel, but he disappeared around 2020. I know he wasn’t a young guy, but I hope nothing happened to him. Anyway, if anyone’s interested in checking out his two builds referenced above, here are the links:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/professor-wonder-his-traveling-medicine-show.795431/

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/old-west-stagecoach.857025/

Of course, there are others that do Old West stuff over at the Old Site, but these two posts stood out for me.

105Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It might have been more along the lines of a wagon, but I think I saw something in sixth scale on Etsy a while back.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, those are soo neat. The stagecoach is indeed very impressive. I hope you can find something similar, would definitely be an awesome addition.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

107Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:37 pm

davidd

davidd
The Medicine Show wagon and the stagecoach builds are truly impressive! I've bookmarked those links for future reference; in other words, one more thing to add to the list of projects I'll never get around to starting. Years ago I had an idea to construct a "gypsy wagon," which would have essentially been the medicine show wagon. The level of detail in that build is impressive.

I'm sure you're aware that Marx Toys released a reasonably realistically scaled 1/6 buckboard wagon for the Johnny West line back in the 1960s.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/johnny-west-buckboard-thunderbolt-77502653

There was also a rather impressive chuckwagon set:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/marx-botw-johnny-west-custom-chuck-152310629

Mattel has issued a number of Barbie horse-drawn carriages, one of which might serve as a chassis for an Old West remodel:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1984-mattel-barbie-dream-carriage-1920867093

Pedigree in the UK issued a Horse & Gig set for Sindy dolls. Based on the images in the link above, I believe the Sindy gig is what Nigel used as the basis for his medicine show wagon:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/ab/f8/dbabf81f204bf27c2ed6506a6e07bc21.jpg

108Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:39 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the links, David.

And yeah, Nigel’s work was masterly. He paid so much attention to detail, I’d doubt I could live up to that. Looking at actual plans for one of those 1/12th scale kits (which goes for around $198+), that build would take me years to put together, even if I could replicate it for a larger size. That 1/12 version is about 2’ long and that doesn’t even include any horses.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the links, David.

And yeah, Nigel’s work was masterly. He paid so much attention to detail, I’d doubt I could live up to that. Looking at actual plans for one of those 1/12th scale kits (which goes for around $198+), that build would take me years to put together, even if I could replicate it for a larger size. That 1/12 version is about 2’ long and that doesn’t even include any horses.

How about building a buggy or trap as I think you call them then? The gypsies still race these near me and ride them passt my house now and again, usually followed later by the police on horses! lol.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Horse-gig-pony-trap-two-people-riding-carriage-bedfordshire-county-show-united-kingdom-two-people-32734633

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Horse-gig-pony-trap-single-driver-single-was-taken-bedfordshire-county-show-united-32734764

ukshaun

ukshaun
Bambino/Bud Spencer and the Barber look great.
I like the images adjusted to black & white/sepia, for that old time look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

111Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:06 pm

davidd

davidd
shovelchop81 wrote: How about building a buggy or trap as I think you call them then?

That 2-wheeled buggy is virtually identical to the Pedigree Sindy gig. They are readily available on UK eBay. Not so much in the States.

(There's one available from a US-based seller at the moment, listed under Barbie: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185508977052 )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the ideas, fellas. Most buggy’s in the US were a bit different for non-racing setups, mainly due to the rough terrain. This is what the majority looked like:

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 02fea710
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 9e19a710

Melancholia

Now how 'bout if Blind Cowboy and Ghost Horse (my holy grail) rode into town? That would be so neat!
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Leadah10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That would be cool. I actually did think about making my Western world a bit of a fantasy mix. I have the Ghost Rider and horse from Thunder Toys that could make for an interesting story. I’ve seen the godawful Bloodrayne movie that took place in an Old West town that was invaded by vampires; the premise was interesting, but the execution sucked.

Valiarde

Valiarde
@Melancholia: I love that Ghost Horse set from Ashely too.

Stryker2011 wrote:That would be cool. I actually did think about making my Western world a bit of a fantasy mix. I have the Ghost Rider and horse from Thunder Toys that could make for an interesting story. I’ve seen the godawful Bloodrayne movie that took place in an Old West town that was invaded by vampires; the premise was interesting, but the execution sucked.

Why not, bring in your own things to spice things up a bit. That Fire Horse could be a nice addition yeah. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
That looks and would be so cool, Melancholia!

Melancholia

I'm sure you probably know this, but if you have one of the smaller female bodies that can fit into Barbie clothes, there are a lot of victorian barbie dresses if you need more characters... Here are just two of many.  I just Googled Victorian Barbie and found a crapload of different Victorian era Barbies.  And there are a few Civil War era ones too.
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Downlo10
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 23295510

118Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Those are great. I’ve been looking for a sofa like that, as well. Thanks for the suggestions. I have two shopping carts full of stuff for bashing figures that comes to over a $1000 (yikes!), but just spent almost $300 on an upright piano for the saloon — so may have to hold off, but I’ll definitely search for some of those Victorian Barbies.

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote: ... but just spent almost $300 on an upright piano for the saloon....

Cool! Can't wait to see the piano! Was it one of the ones from Etsy that feature old-fashioned carved details?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote: ... but just spent almost $300 on an upright piano for the saloon....

Cool! Can't wait to see the piano! Was it one of the ones from Etsy that feature old-fashioned carved details?

Yep. That's the one. I was hoping it was the brown version, but the only one available was white (despite the listing popping up with the brown version as the main image). I'll probably have to sand it down and repaint it -- since they claim it's made of wood -- or just paint over the white.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This just came today. Real metal bed from Etsy seller TinyIronMiniatures; I had to have them add a few inches to the width, and a couple to the length so I could make sure that two figures could actually fit comfortably. It came with everything but the quilt (that was from AJClothiers, which I purchased before the bed -- as you can see it's not big enough -- so I'll have to find another, or maybe when Amy's feeling better I can get her to make a bigger one). The bed is just the head & foot boards and the under frame that assemble easy enough, and the mattress is real foam covered in cloth. Hannah approves (and I'm sure Mr. Stryker will as well...  Wink ). Also need to get some pillows.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 _dsc3747
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 _dsc3748

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You -- and she -- have done a great job making the bed. Smile They look great together. Are you doing your own floors and walls? If not, I can send you some suggestions for modular doll house elements in this scale, that could be an easy (and possibly versatile) set up.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Suggest away. I’m planning on doing some room boxes if possible.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool. Love followong your project. And cool to see more pics of the Wolford Outfit.

Melancholia

That bed is so authentic to the time, really beautiful! Maybe there could be a couple ladies of the night for the fellas, that would be some fun kitbashing with garish over the top gowns!

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
This is coming together really nicely, definitely fun to keep tabs on.

128Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 5 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:22 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Nice!

Thanks.

Valiarde wrote:Very cool. Love followong your project. And cool to see more pics of the Wolford Outfit.

Thank you. Yeah, that dress is really well made. It looked a bit big on the figure used for the promos, but is perfect for a TBL, making it tight around the torso.

Melancholia wrote:That bed is so authentic to the time, really beautiful!  Maybe there could be a couple ladies of the night for the fellas, that would be some fun kitbashing with garish over the top gowns!

Thanks. And, oh yeah, I’m planning to have saloon girls, and a madam (it’s not Mama Malone, though — she doesn’t approve of that sort of thing at her place).

PickleMunkey wrote:This is coming together really nicely, definitely fun to keep tabs on.

Thanks very much.

Melancholia

This is gonna be epic, excited to see the finished results!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum