OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

csyeung

if you grabbed RDR2, you could grab screenshots heh. There are some cool building/background backdrops you could print from that. They have a photomode too. Maybe when it goes on sale hehe. I'm sure there are a ton of youtube videos as well you can source a ss or two.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That sounds cool. I don’t have a game console anymore, unfortunately/fortunately— I gave up on them almost 15 years ago.

Valiarde

A saloon or some facades of wooden western buildings sounds very cool for your setting. I know of the space concerns though.
Maybe a connection of Diorama and poster for the background to make it look huge/wide like you already discussed. I've seen some using that technique like this one from a friend:

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Dio_kn10 

That doesn't solve the different angle problem of course, but with some two wooden facades left and right makes for some nice display scenes.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I was going to put these latest head sculpts that came in under the "Latest Purchase" thread, but I figured since I already came up with names and occupations, I figured I put them here instead. (Both of these gents need a body and clothes, of course.)

Clemmons Usqubaugh, Undertaker

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Clemmo10

Thorston Bromley, Owner/Operator of the Mercantile

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Thorst10

davidd

davidd
An Old West Undertaking Parlor sounds like a fun future diorama to work on!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent sculpts for these purposes. I hope you make a couple of pinewood coffins to go with the undertaker, and you can use them to store accessories -- or wayward figures, as needed. Smile I'm all for weird old-timey names, but isn't Usqubaugh a little too weird? Or maybe it has a special rationale...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent sculpts for these purposes. I hope you make a couple of pinewood coffins to go with the undertaker, and you can use them to store accessories -- or wayward figures, as needed. Smile  I'm all for weird old-timey names, but isn't Usqubaugh a little too weird?  Or maybe it has a special rationale...

Haha. It is weird, but it was the name of the Undertaker in an old black and white western with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck called The Moonlighter. I liked it enough, since it was unique, to steal it for mine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha. It is weird, but it was the name of the Undertaker in an old black and white western with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck called The Moonlighter. I liked it enough, since it was unique, to steal it for mine.

I see... thanks for the explanation. Those weird names are one of the things that makes that past come alive.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those sculpts have SO much character, excellent choices!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Especially liking the undertaker. This hs works really well

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks all. Yeah, the second I saw that particular head sculpt I knew he was going to be my Undertaker. Not sure I’ll ever make a diorama of the funeral parlor, but I’ll probably have to make some “Bone Boxes” for sure. Can’t have some dead outlaws without those.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great choice of headsculpts, that stove is fantastic even if it's a bit larger and the new lady is looking good. I remember when I was about the age of 6 or 7 I saw an original "stove" that was used by my great grandmother, it was made out of brick like something from the 1700's or something, it was sadly in disrepair by the time I got to see it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, boo. That’s funny, I had that experience when I was ten and my mom and stepdad bought an old farmhouse/farm — it had a stove like the one in this thread, a wood-burning furnace and a bathroom the size of an outhouse (we used to joke you could take a crap, wash your hands and take a shower all at the same time because of how jammed that bathroom was — 3’ x 3’ with a sink, toilet and a “shower” — which was basically just a drain in the existing tile floor with an overhead faucet).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Finally got around to posting the pic I took of the Bambino/Bud Spencer figure from Kaustic & Infinite Statue; nice figure, but seriously weak ankles. Not sure if he'll actually join my Western realm, but who knows.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 _dsc3745

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
And here's another new member to my town.

Asa Belding, Owner/Operator of the Barbershop & Bathhouse

Most of this is from the Hot Toys Sweeney Todd figure. Had to switch out the god awful ghostly pale grey body, which was suck anyway, and removed his top coat and additional vest. Head sculpt is only slightly modified from one of the WWII Nazi leaders (can't remember which one) -- by adding more to his mustache to make something a Van Dyke. I actually liked the smile -- which seemed rather incongruous to what we know of these fellas, but I thought it'd work great for my barber. I might try my hand at modifying the chair as it does't tilt back, or have a head rest, and it could seriously use a height adjustment, since it has the peddles for both height and tilt.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 _dsc3746

Ovy

Ovy
That Bud Spencer shot is just beautiful, awesome that you got him! Would definitely like to see him in your Westworld. And if not, you will have to turn him into a Bounty Hunter or Rebel in your Darth Strykerverse. Bub Spenco.

Really love that squint. Either looking into the sun or having his first experience with an old timey photocamera.
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Bud01

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Bud02

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Bud03

Oh and the Stryker.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Stryker01

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Stryker02

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Stryker03

The Barber. Yeah, I can totally imagine that chair next to a window looking out at the only sandy street of the town with wagons and people passing by.  I have to think of a certain Western but I can't remember which one. I think Tombstone?

Good choice about changing the mustache, maybe you could modify him even more to turn him more into another person. He might not be as recognizable and "iconic" as several others of the more well known Big Shots and Politicans, but still can't see that figure and his smug face without context sadly.

That guy is Kurt Meyer, SS-Apologist and psycho War criminal. Can only wonder what was the motivation behind DiD producing him. They could have made a generic officer but they just had to make him, like so many others. They seem kinda into it.

Similar thing with the Undertaker (if not worse). It's a great choice of a sculpt if you are able to see him out of historical context. He looks really nasty and could never see him as a likeable guy. Will he have an ugly character?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure my Undertaker is an “ugly” character, but he is someone who doesn’t mind making boxes for the dead — a little dark minded. I totally understand your dislike of the sculpts, in light of who they really were, but hopefully my town will be able to change the perception on them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent new characters, Mark, make them work! Smile And beautiful work with those photos, Ovy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those photos are awesome, Ovy. You always make my crap photos look much much better than I ever could.

csyeung

csyeung
Oh I like the barber! Very awesome!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb work Mark!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I have always been a fan of the Sweeney Tod Outfit and chair. For that alone was was thinking about it a few years ago. You made the best out of it by changing the body and head. Should be awesome in your setting

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I am liking those two new additions, they seem to fit very well into your 'verse. The barber's striped trousers are awsome, lol. And yes, nice work on the photos, Ovy. ; )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
BUDDY!!!! Noone beats Buddy, though I could never see him in any other context than those movies.

Your barber is wonderful! That smile is perfect. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice additions! Will you or have you made a dio for them, like a bar or street scene? You probably mentioned it but I have memory like a sieve at times..

101Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, All. Appreciate everyone still checking it out and for the nice comments.

shovelchop81 wrote:Nice additions! Will you or have you made a dio for them, like a bar or street scene? You probably mentioned it but I have memory like a sieve at times..

I haven’t yet. But, as I was just sitting here watching an Audie Murphy Western, it popped into my head that I need to start making (at the very least) false fronts of buildings, or find a way to get decent backdrop photo. I would like to make some interiors, as well. All of it is going to have to be something that can break down easy. Interiors I’d like to do would be sheriff’s office, saloon, bank, bathhouse/barbershop, the Stryker’s home (I’m sure there are more…).

102Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

I remember that!! Super detailed with all the opening hatches and bottles! I think shop fronts with boardwalks(?) and sun canopies and a dirt street would be the most versatile and easiest to pack away, you could use it for shootouts, tether a horse or two and even show off that stagecoach if you decide to build it; I think it would be worth investing in a frett or scroll saw if you do though.

104Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Another item I’ve been contemplating: a Concord stagecoach. I’ve seen one or two on the Old Site — handmade, and Itchybitz (Nigel) over there made one of the coolest Traveling Medicine Show wagon; but sadly, haven’t seen anything of him in a few years. The only kind I’ve seen is 1/12th kits. They’re pretty expensive, but I could get one and use it to upscale.

I remember that!! Super detailed with all the opening hatches and bottles! I think shop fronts with boardwalks(?) and sun canopies and a dirt street would be the most versatile and easiest to pack away, you could use it for shootouts, tether a horse or two and even show off that stagecoach if you decide to build it; I think it would be worth investing in a frett or scroll saw if you do though.

His stagecoach was impressive, as well. Not sure whatever happened to Nigel, but he disappeared around 2020. I know he wasn’t a young guy, but I hope nothing happened to him. Anyway, if anyone’s interested in checking out his two builds referenced above, here are the links:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/professor-wonder-his-traveling-medicine-show.795431/

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/threads/old-west-stagecoach.857025/

Of course, there are others that do Old West stuff over at the Old Site, but these two posts stood out for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum