OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

csyeung

Fantastic additions! They look really cool, especially the register/sharpener.

davidd

Impressive additions to the Old West prop department!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, fellas. I bought some really cool beer mugs (empty and full) from Morzemore that claimed to be 1/6 scale but their more like 1/5 (they look more like pitcher size rather than mug. Too bad too, because the “full” ones are really cool, as they have actual moving liquid in them (there’s a thin cover at the top), and tiny floating beads for the foam. So you can actually tilt them so it looks like a figure is drinking. Way too big though.

BAMComix

Wonderful set pieces Mark! I expect some amazing pics if you make some wild west sets! Move over Red Dead Redemption, it's Mark Stryker's Valley! a community of outlaws and settlers.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, fellas. I bought some really cool beer mugs (empty and full) from Morzemore that claimed to be 1/6 scale but their more like 1/5 (they look more like pitcher size rather than mug. Too bad too, because the “full” ones are really cool, as they have actual moving liquid in them (there’s a thin cover at the top), and tiny floating beads for the foam. So you can actually tilt them so it looks like a figure is drinking. Way too big though.

Well the Irish, Brits and Germans are known for their beer consumption and you find 2 pint glasses in some pubs, as in one glass that holds 2 pints, usually in the German glass stein shape with a handle. I knew a German Biker who came to Daytona Beach Bike Week every year and would bring a steel stein that held over 3 pints! There would be a competition with it in the local Biker bars, you would have to stand on one leg (stay on one leg) while picking the full steel stein up from the floor only using one arm then try to bring it to your mouth to drink from it!! Bloody hard! Especially first thing in the morning with a hangover which is when I had to try it! Ugh.. failed miserably.. I was probably still half drunk too! I used to do A LOT of partying back then... Twisted Evil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice new accessories, I'm sure these will greatly enhance your eventual diorama(s).

I remember encountering that mini knitting set as well and thinking it was so cute -- reminds me I should pick that up sometime. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

187Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Dal. I do have a few outlaws in mind. Just need to get a few more bodies together, not to mention all their stuff. (Hats, oddly enough, are proving to be one of the biggest hurdles (SteveO’s Toys makes all different types — made to order to specific measurements — but they aren’t cheap).

Alex, I’ve been in a few drinking bars here in the States that had “yard long” beer glasses (on a wooden stand) where you had to pick it up, stand and all, and try to tilt it back at just the right pace as to not take a bath (but most did). I mastered it a couple of times, but the more of them you downed, the harder it became. Most Old West saloons didn’t have mugs that big though — need to keep those folks buying drinks. I may have found alternatives, but they aren’t as cool as the bigger ones.

Thanks, Sky. Yeah the little knitting basket is really cute (especially with the different colored balls of yarn, that was a nice touch).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 C8485110

188Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know of which sixth-scale mugs you speak. I have some somewhere (one was leaking! yikes!). And I also know of the long tubular glasses you refer to, there were plenty of brew pubs and pretentious establishments where I went for school. Smile

I took a quick look at the wallpapers (will do more, just overworked and underslept). As I feared, the resolution is very low. Since they are aiming for twelfth-scale, shrinking them to improve the resolution would be an unlikely solution. Enlarging them would make them grainy (unless maybe you literally enlarge them while photocopying, which sometimes works). If you find that the size of the pattern of some of these works for you, I would recommend making a mosaic out of them, trying to make them appear seamless.

189Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ian, for any efforts you’ve been making. I was a bit concerned about the graininess. I may just have to settle for printing it out in 1/12th scale and living with it like that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ian, for any efforts you’ve been making. I was a bit concerned about the graininess. I may just have to settle for printing it out in 1/12th scale and living with it like that.

Well, like I mentioned before, a slightly out of focus background is sometimes considered allowable or even desirable. I'm not sure I buy that completely, but it is something to keep in mind. Also, an imperfect quality might add realism and character. Another option would be, if the design is geometrical enough, to replicate it digitally and recreate it at the desired scale. I can try that, but my digital weathering is not even in the same ballpark as Alex's.

191Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:24 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Alex, I’ve been in a few drinking bars here in the States that had “yard long” beer glasses (on a wooden stand) where you had to pick it up, stand and all, and try to tilt it back at just the right pace as to not take a bath (but most did). I mastered it a couple of times, but the more of them you downed, the harder it became. Most Old West saloons didn’t have mugs that big though — need to keep those folks buying drinks. I may have found alternatives, but they aren’t as cool as the bigger ones. wrote:

I remember glass shaped boots that were similar, if you got air in the toe section you'd 'take a bath' as you said. A keg on the roof with a hose and tap was a weird one, typically it was the motor-X riders that came up with the crazy stuff. Glasses with handles and jam/preserve jar threaded lips but no lids, what the hell were they all about? LOL.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Just Wow ! So many fantastic stuff and characters. I love Bud, the new barber and the piano is a little piece of art. You need a scum now who visit the town form time to time. So bad that all the People close their windows and pick up the children from the street.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Il_ful10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ephi. A Mad Dog Tannen would be cool. (I have a couple "bad guys" in mind, just haven't gotten around to making them yet -- or at least, cobbling stuff together for them).

Ephiane

Ephiane
..Or better a mexican gunslinger with a danny treyo Headsculpt ? Very Happy  Your town project is a pool of so many Inspirations ! Cant wait to see Your chinese Guy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, a Danny Trejo (minus tattoos, but those are on the body), might be appropriate here. Smile

Melancholia

This is such a huge endeavor, I can imagine you are having a great time with it! Looking for items to buy for the scenes is a blast, especially when you find the perfect item! It's a huge rush of dopemine

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It's been a bit, so here goes. I have a new character, though he still needs a hat. The clothes, including all the weathering (except for the shoes) are from AJClothiers (Amy Jones), who I think did a magnificent job on this. She sent a wicker hat to go with it, but it's honestly too big for this fellow, so I'll have to find an alternative. Shoes are from BattlegearToys, roughed up by me with the back of an X-acto blade. He's a farmer/homesteader and his name is Henry Foggers.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Henry_10

Next, these wonderfully crafted wardrobe and kitchen hutch made by FurnitureForDolls (Mihail) in the Ukraine:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FurnitureForDolls

Hannah approves (now I just need to get some extra clothes to have on the hangers).

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 _dsc3828
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 _dsc3826
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 _dsc3827

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, those are all awesome additions! The new character looks spectacular, he fits so well into that 'verse! And the furniture seems perfect. I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the additions, and the new character (you got lucky snagging one of those old pope sculpts).

200Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:16 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figures and accessories Stryker2011!

201Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:27 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, All. Ian, I actually bought the entire Pope box set — figured it would make sense to use the body and hands, and it wasn’t all that bad for the price. But now I have some Pope stuff that I don’t need…

202Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:40 pm

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:I actually bought the entire Pope box set ....

Oh, that's where the "old farmer" head sculpt is from! I had that "Jihad Pontifex" set on pre-order for the longest time. It finally began to look like it would never be released, so I gave up. The vendor offered to transfer my deposit over to another purchase, so it worked out well... other than, I do not own an "Armored Pope."

(I just looked - the vendor with whom I pre-ordered still does not have the figure in stock, although there are plenty of them showing up on eBay, including parted out.)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn’t get the armored version, I bought the cheaper version from Timewalker when they were having a sale, but it’s sold out now. The armored version is still on PO though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I actually vaguely remembered you getting the set, but wasn't completely sure. Excellent use of the aged male head anyway.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, there definitely isn’t enough “old people” in this hobby.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another new character added. The town blacksmith Charley Kittrick. He needs tools. (All clothes made by AJClothiers specifically for the World Box Fat Man body). I had to cut off the neck of the head sculpt and damn near hollowed that thing out as much as possible, and I still can't get it to sit down far enough to suit me -- those bodies have super thick necks.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 8 _dsc3835

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, Mark, seemingly simple but has so much character. Yes, I have noticed that World Box bodies have rather long necks. Opening the neck hole as much as you can (which appears to be what you did) should help. Also consider putting some relatively thin packing foam (or something) on top of the shoulders so that the shirt would rise a little and seemingly shorten the neck.

Ovy

Ovy
Henry looks timeless, I think I know several people who look like him but drive tractors or are in the garden all day.

Charley has character, it's Vincent D'Onofrio? There are really fee heads that fit the Big body from the start, I think I did a lot of cutting and powertooling on my Marlon Brando too.
I guess Charley rents the barbers reclining chair sometimes for his dentist side business?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, great addition. I absolutely love the apron, that turned out so well!

Frustrating about the neck, I agree the worldbox bodies can be annoying incompatible with certain 1/6 parts. GF's idea about the foam to pad out the shoulders might help a little. Is the neck post overly long and preventing the head from sitting lower, or is it really just the width of the neck itself?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum