OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

shovelchop81

don't know if you've seen these, but the Redman Toys Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp 1/6 figures are going for $12 NIB! They have 'The Doctor' from Diango Unchained for around $80 too. No idea why the 1st 2 are SO cheap but here links to Toys Wonderland:

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-rm052-1-6-the-cowboy-doc1-figure-2/

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-1-6-deputy-town-marshal-cowboy-figure-2/

They always how full prices for preorder and Earp is in stock too.

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-django-doctor-16-scale-figure/

davidd

The nun figure turned out extremely nicely. Did you make the habit yourself or did you find a source for it?

(EDIT: never mind, found it on eBay. Two years ago when I was trying to put together a nun figure, I couldn't find anything realistic, only "sexy nun" costumes.)

278Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:46 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Melancholia wrote:Lost my earlier post somehow.  I find it remarkable you found such detailed armchair in 1/6, they are quite lovely.  The Audrey Hepburn head is from the Roman Holiday set?  I find myself curiously envious of your adventure, researching and discovering all of the 1/6 size accessories for Integrity.  It kind of saddens me to think of it ending for you, kind of like when a bride finds the perfect dress after an exhausting search, but begins to miss all the excitement of the search...Sorry if that sounds a bit odd.  But I'm sure there will always be more items to add to the town.  It would be neat to find a printing press for the town paper, but now I'm getting a bit farfetched:)

Etsy has been a great source for 1/6 scale furniture (not all of it specifically for the Victorian era). I started my search on eBay, but switched over to Etsy as many of the same sellers are on both and the cost was cheaper on Etsy. The Audrey head is from Roman Holiday — but I’m pretty sure this is a knock-off as I bought it loose. And unless something happens, this project could easily take years of my life (and a crap ton of money).

shovelchop81 wrote: don't know if you've seen these, but the Redman Toys Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp 1/6 figures are going for $12 NIB! They have 'The Doctor' from Diango Unchained for around $80 too. No idea why the 1st 2 are SO cheap but here links to Toys Wonderland:

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-rm052-1-6-the-cowboy-doc1-figure-2/

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-1-6-deputy-town-marshal-cowboy-figure-2/

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/redman-toys-django-doctor-16-scale-figure/

I have all three of those figures, but thanks for thinking of me, Alex. Very Happy

davidd wrote:The nun figure turned out extremely nicely. Did you make the habit yourself or did you find a source for it?

(EDIT: never mind, found it on eBay. Two years ago when I was trying to put together a nun figure, I couldn't find anything realistic, only "sexy nun" costumes.)

Yep. That’s where I found it. The shoes and the belt were the only things not usable for me.

279Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:35 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote: don't know if you've seen these, but the Redman Toys Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp 1/6 figures are going for $12 NIB! They have 'The Doctor' from Diango Unchained for around $80 too. No idea why the 1st 2 are SO cheap but here links to Toys Wonderland:

I'm pretty sure those $12 prices reflect preorder deposits, not the full price. But they do suggest a relatively low price overall.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Plus, I’ve heard that ToysWonderland has jacked up their shipping costs to include significant profit margins on it, so any “discounts” would be absolutely negated.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I have all three of those figures, but thanks for thinking of me, Alex. Very Happy wrote:

I thought they might be great for custom bashes too. As for postage from China, its gone up with everyone not just Toy World etc.. Ebay do a good job of hiding it but it's now reflected in the product price rather than the shipping which is often 'free'.

282Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 am

Melancholia

Deleted, changed my mind Rolling Eyes

283Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s awesome. I had actually ordered a mini sewing machine like this off eBay that the seller claimed was 1/6 (it wasn’t). So I’ll definitely check this one out. Thanks for the suggestion.

284Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:33 am

Melancholia

Lol, sorry, deleted it before I saw your post lol!

285Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The plot thickens... Smile

286Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:50 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The work you've put into choosing the right heads for each character is just top notch.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Boo. I’m probably putting more effort into that than just about anything.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Been awhile since I had anything to post really (as I've been super lazy, and my computer went bonkers and had to spend a small fortune to get a new iMac). Anyway... here is an item I ordered quite some time ago, and I was going to wait until I had a small room box to show it off, but again -- LAZY -- so here is a desk and chair for the Sheriff's office that I purchased from MagicMiniHouse on Etsy (link to their store for anyone interested: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicMiniHouse?ref=yr_purchases )

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 _dsc3843
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 _dsc3842

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Forgot to post these items.

My donkey from Machinegun FINALLY arrived (took over a month!!!), so now Sister Sara has her ride (I might also use this guy -- who by the way is pretty heavy -- for a prospector or even just a pack animal):

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 _dsc3847

And this really nice quilt that was made by the always gracious and accommodating Amy Jones (AJClothiers); the pillows I got from a full bedding set off Etsy but I can't remember the seller.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 _dsc3848

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really awesome additions! So glad your donkey finally arrived. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And the bed? Where did that come from? Smile
Donkeys are not particularly fast travelers, so your long wait has a theoretical explanation. Smile I'm glad you finally got him. And yes, he's a heavy beast, isn't he?
Very nice desk and rustic chair.
Nice to see your additions to your West World, as always.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. Very Happy

Ian, see post 119, I’ve had the bed for awhile, but I needed a bigger quilt to cover it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks.  Very Happy

Ian, see post 119, I’ve had the bed for awhile, but I needed a bigger quilt to cover it.
Oh, right, I remember it now. Had forgotten the name of the seller, who seems to have disappeared from Etsy.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Awesome stuff Mark! You find some amazing gear!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Had forgotten the name of the seller, who seems to have disappeared from Etsy.

Well, crap. That's a bummer. They made some really good stuff. I hope nothing happened to them in "the real world" to make them stop. They were kind enough to expand one of their existing designs to the measurements I was looking for (I laid two figures side by side on their back and measured accordingly).

BAMComix wrote:Awesome stuff Mark! You find some amazing gear!

Thanks, B!!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It could just be that Etsy has become too expensive for them to use as a selling platform. Apparently the cost to sellers there has gone up lot of recently. :/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:It could just be that Etsy has become too expensive for them to use as a selling platform. Apparently the cost to sellers there has gone up lot of recently. :/

Well, that sucks. They must be trying to turn into eBay. I found many of the same sellers on both platforms, but Etsy had the better deals 9 times out of 10. Too bad their greed is going to end up costing them sellers and buyers.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen, since a lot of my favourite sellers are on Etsy. But I have seen a lot of complaints lately about fees and various additional charges, so we'll see...

Melancholic

Melancholic
Is Integrity going to be a bunch of permanent dioramas that fill a room, or is it more like setting up one area, or location (bank, general store, saloon etc.) for each photo shoot. It's difficult to imagine the scope of this place and how much space it will take. Sorry if this is a silly question...

300Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Melancholic wrote:Is Integrity going to be a bunch of permanent dioramas that fill a room, or is it more like setting up one area, or location (bank, general store, saloon etc.) for each photo shoot.  It's difficult to imagine the scope of this place and how much space it will take.  Sorry if this is a silly question...

Not a silly question at all. Sadly, I don’t have the room for a massive town display. It’ll be A LOT more narrow in scope. Photo backdrops for most of the environment (assuming I can even find appropriate backgrounds), and room boxes that can be broken down.

Diana

Diana
That is one beautiful desk! Donkey, too, of course! Smile

302Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:22 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's some really good furniture and a lovely donkey too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 1f60e

303Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 12 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thank you both.

Ovy

Ovy
Ha, nice pairing up the donkey with Sara!

Btw, still waiting for my machinegun bonus payment??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum