OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

ukshaun

Stryker2012 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Good work. Great posing.
A backdrop (set) would take it to another level.

I have one, I just haven’t had the energy to assemble it at the moment.

That sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Melancholic

I envy that saddle. 1/6 western saddles have evaded me in my search efforts. I guess the only way to get your hands on one is to buy a horse that comes with the saddle. I have what I believe is the same horse as Diablo, but in white. The thing is a huge beast! I had to come on OSF and take a peek at how the Western town project is coming along. How close to finished is it now?

skywalkersaga

Melancholic - You can find 1/6 saddles, you just have to know where to look. Sometimes they are available on ebay. There are also several custom 1/6 tack makers out there. You may have to turn to the model horse community rather than the 1/6 action figure community for help with that side of things.

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Faith, I had it made from this place — it’s really the only way to get a Western style at the moment.

https://www.benscustomtack.com/

Melancholic

Melancholic
Stryker2012 wrote:Faith, I had it made from this place — it’s really the only way to get a Western style at the moment.

https://www.benscustomtack.com/

Cool, thanks so much for the information!

Melancholic

Melancholic
skywalkersaga wrote:Melancholic - You can find 1/6 saddles, you just have to know where to look. Sometimes  they are available on ebay. There are also several custom 1/6 tack makers out there. You may have to turn to the model horse community rather than the 1/6 action figure community for help with that side of things.

Thanks for the advice, I guess it may take time until one turns up, then I can snatch it! Or else have it made as Stryker suggested. I have a lonely cowgirl and two horses with English style saddles, lol!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Melancholic wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Melancholic - You can find 1/6 saddles, you just have to know where to look. Sometimes  they are available on ebay. There are also several custom 1/6 tack makers out there. You may have to turn to the model horse community rather than the 1/6 action figure community for help with that side of things.

Thanks for the advice, I guess it may take time until one turns up, then I can snatch it!  Or else have it made as Stryker suggested.  I have a lonely cowgirl and two horses with English style saddles, lol!

If you’re using a Mr. Z, and go with Ben’s Custom, be sure to order the 1/6 Large set or package depending on what stuff you want with it. I went with the more expensive option and got the Set, plus ordered additional items.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Melancholic - Stryker's suggestion is a very good one for a quality, realistic custom.

I looked through my things and actually have a spare 1/6 western saddle available if you are keen to have one asap. I'm in the UK though, so some shipping costs would apply, but if interested, PM me.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

349Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 am

Melancholic

Melancholic

If you’re using a Mr. Z, and go with Ben’s Custom, be sure to order the 1/6 Large set or package depending on what stuff you want with it. I went with the more expensive option and got the Set, plus ordered additional items.[/quote]

I did go to the site and the price is very reasonable ($148 for large 1/6 with free shipping) and the quality is fantastic! thanks for the tip, I can't remember which manufacturers made my horses but they are huge beasts, so you just saved me a huge headache as I would've ordered the regular 1/6 size. I hope to order next paycheck!

350Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some cool looking figures, as to dioramas I'm no expert but I guess I can share how I do.

I feel like what helps me come up with diorama ideas (or rather backgrounds for photos) is looking at pictures both of the real world, movies, tv-shows, video games and of course other dioramas set in the setting I wish to build, from there I draw inspiration and do my thing, I don't try to copy or mimic what I'm seeing because well.. usually those people are more skilled than I. The second thing I do is sketch out what I want, sketching stuff helps me visualize how it could potentially look and what stuff I could add to it to make more believable, once the sketch is done and I'm happy with the idea then I move to the foamcore and cut it out then texture it, seal it and paint it then just add the weathering while taking into consideration how the world looks.

For example is there's metal somewhere then chances are theres going to be rust and rust has some interesting colors, likewise concrete gets worn and dirtied by people touching it and leaving their oils on the walls, usually the corners were people like to hold onto, sometimes things get splattered onto a wall could be dirt, oil, blood.... other human liquids... all sorts of things. The location of a splash could be determined by something that exists in the scene but it could also be something that is out of frame or that once was there. Lastly the most recent thing I've done is clutter, homes, offices, places are rarely tidy (unless you are my parents then your house looks like its for sale) and there's usually all sorts of things, likewise cleanliness is something to take into consideration if it's outside then dirty it up, if its inside then try to keep it clean.

In summary
1)Look at photos, from the real world doesn't matter how insignificant it might be look at it and look for the details, draw inspiration from it and do your thing, don't bother trying to replicate it or else you will become frustrated
2) Sketch it out, the more sketches the better IMHO as it helps get rid of problems in the long term or issues that might pop up
3) Weather it, once again real life photos are super helpful for this, pay attention to what get's worn, dirtied, ripped, polished and so on, humans are very grabby and like to hold onto things or touch things that might have an interesting texture and because of that they leave lots of dirt and oils behind, such things are going to add a great deal of realism.
4) Clutter, which is probably the most difficult part, specially period specific clutter but it helps set up a scene or diorama, keep an eye out for smaller scale stuff as it can also help add something.

I'm by no means a pro at this but those 4 things are the things that help me come up with stuff so I hope it helps you too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great tips theboo-bomb!

352Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
Sounds pro to me! I just buy stuff and find a spot for it in my dioramas!

353Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:52 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Great tips, tbb. I’ve been doing a lot of that, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 15 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum