OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions on experiences with TBL bodies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Questions on experiences with TBL bodies Empty Questions on experiences with TBL bodies Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:26 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I imagine I am not the first to ask this, or ask similar, but I am curious about a few things involving display solutions and TBL bodies. Allow me to provide a bit of context, then I will ask my questions.

I am working on a display case for the figure in my avatar (Kasumi), and knowing that the TPE/Silicon bodies are more fragile in certain respects than their jointed, plastic counterparts, especially when it comes to environment, I have been running tests with a digital thermometer/hygrometer (humidity) to see what her new home will be running at during the hottest months. I'm in the midwest USA, so summers are hot, humid, and generally annoying. Right now, in the IKEA cabinet she lives in, it hits 60-65F during the night and 74-75F during the heat of the day, between 35-45% humidity in that same time frame. I live in a remodeled attic, and the room itself tends to sit right around 70-72F on 95F days (two AC units on either side and a ton of fans to circulate air help that).

Her display case I am building is hitting 65-72F and a steady 50% (+/- 1%) humidity.

My questions for you all who have owned many more of the TBL bodies and have for many more years than I have are:

1. What seems to be the average temp of where you have the figure(s) displayed?

2. Do you know the humidity by any chance?

3. Is the display open air (on a shelf for instance) or in a diorama of some sort or in a display case (like mine, where it will be sealed, though not air tight).

4. Bonus question: Has anyone experienced a TBL body picking up the smells of the room, food, or materials used in a diorama? I ask because I found that some tree branches from a Kentucky Redbud I have in the yard that had been cut off were perfect for what I am doing, and no matter what I do, well, those trees have a strong smell that is not pleasant like, say, cherry or pine. They have been baked off, sealed with varnish, the whole deal and whenever the case is sealed up and then opened it is like getting punched in the nose. Needless to say, I don't want that to transfer to her.

Am I putting the body in any particular danger in this environment? I've had it 2 years now with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks for the help! I'm curious as to what you all have experienced!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum