OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16274611

HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS 1/6 Imperial Legion-Prince of Troy Action Figure
NO.HH18060
Barcode: 6974202930493
configuration list:

- 1/6 hair transplant head sculpt
  - New movable body
  - 8 replacement hands
clothing:
  - Helmet (Metal)
  - armor
  - Jacket
  - skirt
  - cape
  - Leg armor (metal)
  - shoe
Accessories:
  - Long Shao (Metal)
  - Long Gun (Metal)
  - shield
  - Round platform

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16274710
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16274810
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16275010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16275210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16275510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16275611
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16275810
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280011
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280110
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280411
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16280812
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16281011
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16281212
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16281511
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16281610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 16281711

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #EmpireLegion #TroyPrince #male #movie-based

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just DO NOT get the obsession with this horribly crap movie. It must just be the costume designs that keeps these companies interested in this turd.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion - Troy Prince Action Figure #HH18060 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
I must confess I never watched this movie. Outfit looks good for a fantasy bash though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it is pretty much a fantasy outfit, really. I think this is the first instance of Orlando Bloom as Paris being rendered in sixth scale, although Pangaea, which did the Greek and Trojan Generals (i.e., Achilles and Hector) from this film, did make an Orlando Bloom figure, as a Crusader General (if I recall) -- with reference to his role in The Kingdom of Heaven. I can see a little Orlando Bloom in the likeness, but mostly because I'm looking for it. Where did they go wrong? Or am I wrong?

shazzdan

shazzdan
As someone who has personally translated large swathes of the Iliad and the Odyssey, I actually thought the movie was pretty good. The costumes were rubbish but you can't expect anything else from Hollywood. Even though it departed from the books in many ways, practically everything they did actually improved upon the original story from a cinematic point of view. I enjoyed Pitt's portrayal of Achilles. I thought that merging the characters of Priam's daughter and Briseis worked. I loved the way the movie handled the scene where Patroklos was wearing Achilles' armour. In the book the reader knows that it is Patroklos, but the movie leads the audience to think that it is Achilles. Even the fact that most of the major characters were killed worked for the movie. The fighting/action was entertaining, which is all you should expect from a movie. Personally I would have liked more screen time for my favourite characters, such as Diomedes, but overall, I thought it was very well done. I would also have liked to have seen more chariots and less cavalry (read NONE) but at least they were riding without stirrups.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I agree the movie was a visual feast, the departures from both history (read archaeology) and literature (mythology) killed it for me -- it might have been ok on its own, but not when it is sold as Troy. Add to this some hefty self-indulgence and cheesiness... If they wanted to change this much, they could have used a slightly different setting (in place and/or time) and different names, etc. Which reminds me of a strange Minotaur movie that did a little of that (not quite enough). But there have been some pretty masterful modern resettings of Shakespearean plays, for example, that suggest there are possibilities out there. Can one improve on the Iliad? Probably. But it is extreme hubris to try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum