OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035310

--------------------------------------------------------
HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS 1/6 Imperial Legion-Rome Flag Bearer Action Figure
NO.HH18061
Barcode: 6974202930578
configuration list:
  - 1/6 artificial head carving
  - Movable body
  - 8 replacement hands
clothing:
  - Jacket
  - Chainmail
  - Pants
  - Beast Head Cloak
  - red scarf
  - Bracers
  - belt
  - shoe
  - Greaves
  - helmet
Accessories:
  - Wide blade and long blade (metal)
  - Short Sword (Metal)
  - shield
  - flag
  - round platform

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035510
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035610
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035710
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035810
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15035910
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040110
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040210
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040310
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040410
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040610
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040710
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15040910
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041010
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041210
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041310
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041510
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041610
NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 15041710

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #EmpireLegion #Roman #FlagBearer #male #historical #military

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
"Beast Head Cloak" had me grinning throughout viewing the photos. Actually, still. Smile Not bad. Of course they added extras that should be removed if one wants historical accuracy (vambraces, greaves), but like many of their Roman sets, it has great promise and these have tended to be of pretty good quality. The head reminds me of actor John Hannah, from the Mummy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn’t even make the head sculpt connection, but I like it. If I can find it loose (unlikely), I’ll grab it if possible.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:"Beast Head Cloak" had me grinning throughout viewing the photos. Actually, still. Smile Not bad. Of course they added extras that should be removed if one wants historical accuracy (vambraces, greaves), but like many of their Roman sets, it has great promise and these have tended to be of pretty good quality. The head reminds me of actor John Hannah, from the Mummy.

Thank you so much for that, I really felt like I should recognize the headsculpt but I wasn't getting there. The more logical connection though, and the reason that head is probably here, would be as Batiatus from Spartacus. Now I really wish there was a decent Lucy Lawless head -- at least at doll level, there is a "Roman Matron Xena" taken from the Julius Caesar episodes.

The Signifers and banner holders have been among the strongest of HH/HY's Roman offerings, and this is one more. Particularly, the animal headgear: comparing for example their lion head to the far lesser one that TBL gave Hercules.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Thank you so much for that, I really felt like I should recognize the headsculpt but I wasn't getting there.  The more logical connection though, and the reason that head is probably here, would be as Batiatus from Spartacus.  Now I really wish there was a decent Lucy Lawless head -- at least at doll level, there is a "Roman Matron Xena" taken from the Julius Caesar episodes.

The Signifers and banner holders have been among the strongest of HH/HY's Roman offerings, and this is one more.  Particularly, the animal headgear: comparing for example their lion head to the far lesser one that TBL gave Hercules.
Oh, yes, of course, I forgot about Batiatus. I was just trying to see a resemblance, not even thinking that the actor has actually played a Roman! Thanks for bringing it up. Wasn't there a series of GAC heads that resembled Lucy Lawless? The subject came up some time ago with someone's custom, which prompted me to get another one (I had one of the variants already). I'm not saying the resemblance was great, but plausible.

I agree, their animal heads are pretty good.

shazzdan

shazzdan
They should have looked at COOMODEL's latest release to learn how to do mail armour properly. It is the best miniature mail I've ever seen on a commercial product.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:They should have looked at COOMODEL's latest release to learn how to do mail armour properly. It is the best miniature mail I've ever seen on a commercial product.
True, but perhaps it was prohibitively expensive.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, yes, of course, I forgot about Batiatus. I was just trying to see a resemblance, not even thinking that the actor has actually played a Roman! Thanks for bringing it up. Wasn't there a series of GAC heads that resembled Lucy Lawless? The subject came up some time ago with someone's custom, which prompted me to get another one (I had one of the variants already). I'm not saying the resemblance was great, but plausible.

I do have a faint recollection of that discussion and those heads, but I believe that was focused on Xena the Warrior Princess, while Lucretia the Spartacus character is 15 years older, and ideally, a bit differently styled.  I'm not desperate to do a full group Spartacus bash or anything, but I'm sure the thought will appeal more to some now that the present figure supplies Batiatus.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, yes, of course, I forgot about Batiatus. I was just trying to see a resemblance, not even thinking that the actor has actually played a Roman! Thanks for bringing it up. Wasn't there a series of GAC heads that resembled Lucy Lawless? The subject came up some time ago with someone's custom, which prompted me to get another one (I had one of the variants already). I'm not saying the resemblance was great, but plausible.

I do have a faint recollection of that discussion and those heads, but I believe that was focused on Xena the Warrior Princess, while Lucretia the Spartacus character is 15 years older, and ideally, a bit differently styled.  I'm not desperate to do a full group Spartacus bash or anything, but I'm sure the thought will appeal more to some now that the present figure supplies Batiatus.
In a way, yes. And of course you are right, Lucy as Xena was much younger than Lucy as Lucretia -- and in my mind the later role, though one of a more mature woman, made her more attractive (she had a neck!). So I am all for more Lucy heads out there, Lucretia-style included. The GAC ones are more youthful but if I recall most of the hairstyle variations were not actually anchored in Xena's look(s) -- then again, I haven't seen that much Xena (or remember it that well).

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

In a way, yes. And of course you are right, Lucy as Xena was much younger than Lucy as Lucretia -- and in my mind the later role, though one of a more mature woman, made her more attractive (she had a neck!). So I am all for more Lucy heads out there, Lucretia-style included. The GAC ones are more youthful but if I recall most of the hairstyle variations were not actually anchored in Xena's look(s) -- then again, I haven't seen that much Xena (or remember it that well).

I have never seen a head that reminded me of Xena or Lucy Lawless, but you are probably referring to Kimi Toys head KT010, which seems to be the closest. The blonde version could be used for Lucretia. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Diana wrote:I have never seen a head that reminded me of Xena or Lucy Lawless, but you are probably referring to Kimi Toys head KT010, which seems to be the closest. The blonde version could be used for Lucretia. Smile

At a rough level, there is this (and others in her series). Pretty basic, but there is definitely some resemblance there above and beyond the generic Barbie level you might expect. I lack the skills, but I wonder if she'd be susceptible to the super repaints that some have achieved with Barbies.

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 P2130110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. At a slightly stylized level, she is actually a pretty good match for Xena.
And thanks for identifying the model, Diana, I guess it was KT.

Diana

Diana
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:At a rough level, there is this (and others in her series).  Pretty basic, but there is definitely some resemblance there above and beyond the generic Barbie level you might expect.  I lack the skills, but I wonder if she'd be susceptible to the super repaints that some have achieved with Barbies.

(img)

Ooh! That is indeed a good likeness at least in structure. A repaint would be exciting! What series is this? How might I find that sculpt?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Diana wrote:Ooh! That is indeed a good likeness at least in structure. A repaint would be exciting! What series is this? How might I find that sculpt?

She is "When in Rome" Xena, from the toy line that Toy Biz made in 1998, contemporaneously with the series.  Notwithstanding she is nearly 25 years old, you can still find her (eg https://www.ebay.com/p/1000113856?iid=334547109725 and https://www.ebay.com/p/1000113856?iid=175397008372) and she's not expensive when you do -- eg those listings are $15 and $27.  The body is abysmal (posable like the worst Barbie, and dismally glossy) but with the sculpt, there's something there.  And in this case the outfit is much worthwhile, given that HH/HY seem most unlikely to give us a Roman matron (and if TBL does it, she'll be in full and exaggerated armor).  Despite their usable gear, these figures will likely be beneath the notice of our reputable 1/6 sources, so they will be found in the mass market toy world -- EBay or toy shows, etc.  I got mine at at a toy show (very cheap) about 10 years ago, and at other times, a Warlord Xena and a couple of Gabrielles.  If you're looking at the line generally, make sure they are the "Xena 12" Collectibles" since they also made Xena figures in 10" and 6" ranges that were all plastic, with no fabric goods.

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 08_toy11NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 10_toy11

NEW PRODUCT: HHModel & HaoYuToys: 1/6 Empire Legion - Roman Standard Bearer Action Figure #HH18061 S-l16010

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the images and links, MBAM.

Diana

Diana
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:She is "When in Rome" Xena, from the toy line that Toy Biz made in 1998, contemporaneously with the series...

Squee! Thank you! The hunt has begun... Very Happy

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Diana wrote:Squee! Thank you! The hunt has begun... Very Happy

Good luck! I remember the ancient days when these were plentyful in the stores. With their rigid classification systems, Toys R Us etc. were conflicted and confused whether to put these dolls/figures in the "Pink" Barbie aisle, or one row over with the Action Figures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum