OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: NAUTS & DAMTOYS: DMS031 1/6 Scale Resident Evil 2 - Claire Redfield (reissue?)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ukshaun

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, if it’s just the jacket, which is unfortunate, I can live without it.

I cannot recall what else was said. I only recall the issue with the jacket.
If everything else looks ok, then the figure can be displayed without the jacket on Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Annalise

This figure is being eviscerated on BBICN. Much anger towards the jacket and head sculpt, apparently after being much delayed as well. Mad

csyeung

What are everyone's thoughts on them switching to leather and which is probably causing the oversized fit of the jacket. On one hand I've seen that they probably could have gotten better craftsmen to thin out the leather, but on the other hand, that would have probably cost more. They could have also went with pleather which has the possibility of degrading faster in certain climates. Tough one, although Damtoys tends to be on the pricier range probably due to lower runs than hot toys. Always an interesting situation. I think without the jacket she looks pretty good aside from visible joints, but that was in the promo pics so not really a complaint.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I don’t have a problem with them using leather; however, it’s clear they didn’t make it thin enough to work better. It’s really only one nit that I can see. As far as the people on BBICN complaining … color me surprised. Those people bitch about almost everything.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:As far as the people on BBICN complaining … color me surprised. Those people bitch about almost everything.

Fair enough. But don't we do much the same? Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I read through the comments on BBICN via Google’s translation.   It was pretty entertaining.   To summarize, DAM Toys defrauded buyers and are not to be trusted, everyone is cancelling their orders, they feel that they should get their 200 yuan (30 USD) deposits back, they will never preorder a DAM Toys figure again, it looks like a knockoff, DAM Toys should be ashamed for even releasing it, much less releasing it late, and Claire looks like a “Village Aunt”

So, yeah…pretty close to what I usually have to say.  Smile

What’s funny is that hypercritical as I am, I think she looks fine aside from the jacket and I’m going to pay my invoice this weekend.

csyeung

csyeung
Xavion2004 wrote:I read through the comments on BBICN via Google’s translation.   It was pretty entertaining.   To summarize, DAM Toys defrauded buyers and are not to be trusted, everyone is cancelling their orders, they feel that they should get their 200 yuan (30 USD) deposits back, they will never preorder a DAM Toys figure again, it looks like a knockoff, DAM Toys should be ashamed for even releasing it, much less releasing it late, and Claire looks like a “Village Aunt”

So, yeah…pretty close to what I usually have to say.  Smile

What’s funny is that hypercritical as I am, I think she looks fine aside from the jacket and I’m going to pay my invoice this weekend.

Some company should come out with a figure named village aunt hehe

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received the figure yesterday and aside from the jacket it looks alright. The accessories are really nice, the sculpt is cute (with the usual 10% downgrade in paint apps we should all expect at this point). No pics at the moment as I’m not sure what I’m going to do with her to be honest. All the pics without the jacket don’t do it any favors with those hideous elbow joints.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: NAUTS & DAMTOYS: DMS031 1/6 Scale Resident Evil 2 - Claire Redfield (reissue?) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you don't think it's that bad. Perhaps getting lowered expectations helps. Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
A few posters on BBICN were wondering if a third party would come out with a better jacket for her. Of course there was the usual “We shouldn’t have to pay for another jacket!” backlash, but you have to think that the demand will be there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum