OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miniature Star Wars ships -- am I searching for the right terms?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hey all,

I didn't know where else to put this, so hopefully it's in the right subforum. I'm currently looking for some miniature SW ships to use as props for 1/6 scale figures.  But I have particular ones I'm searching for (Anakin's yellow starfighters from Prequels and Clone Wars, of course Laughing ) plus they need to be a size that is not too tiny but also not too large for a 1/6 scale figure to hold. Probably the Hot Wheels size ships are the largest I'd consider.  I found some super tiny ones a while back (micro machines?) but those were almost too small.  Wondering if there is something that exists in-between?

These are the terms I know to search for:

- micro machines
- galoob (?)
- hot wheels
- die cast (?)

....and not sure what else.  Any suggestions on the scale I should search for would be helpful, too...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Visisonor

Visisonor
It's probably not what you are looking for but may I suggest Bandai model kits?
https://bandai-hobby.net/sw/en_asia/products/episode456_vehicle.html

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Also look for Jazwares “Micro Galaxy Squadron”. They are really tiny, but may be more affordable. The launch ship was the Millennium Falcon that came with a tiny Leia, Han, Ben, and Chewie.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Miniature Star Wars ships -- am I searching for the right terms?  C8485110

valentin

valentin
ah.... something for 1/6 figures to hold.....

Try 1/144 scale then, it's going to be very similar to 1/12 in a 1/1 figure's hands.

- Bandai star wars vehicle model series (1/144 for all and quite affordable)
- F-Toys Gashapon/candy toys 1/144 scale vehicles (More expensive and considerably hard to find)

Otherwise, can try tabletop gaming minis
- X-wing miniatures (More like 1/48 scale in a 1/1 figure's hands.)
- Starwars Armada (It's abit hard to describe the scale but it's the fleet, star destroyers, mon cal, and stuff.

Of course like you mentioned, the other stuff, like
• Micromachines by Galoob
• New micromachines by hot wheels or Hasbro
• Even the newest jazwares, The speeder bikes like a 1/6 on a 1/1 figure's hands. (Incidentally, it is slightly smaller than Action fleet scale)

I have some on hand, but need sometime to dig them out of the warehouse storage.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much, everyone, for the helpful suggestions! Smile Especially for what scale to look for. I'll start having a closer look around...

Ovy

Ovy
Have you looked for DeAgostini Magazine Starships?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/154734867196?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=wpGtiePzQxK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PjjbSUaqRlC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I never had any so I don't know the scale but it's around an Italian hand's scale.

Anakin at 6:07

For scale

Well my brother and me collected a small fleet of ships called "Star Wars Action Fleet" in the 90s/early2000s. They had 1:72 scale figures, although the scale was more fitting for starfighters. For example the Millennium Falcon has only one seat. Some had extra concept versions that were much smaller.

But they seem to be listed as Galoob micromachines too?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/254669119893?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=VcbF7Bp_QZy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PjjbSUaqRlC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The fleet is under the management of my nephew now.

Oh and then there were those Revell Model kits, 20 parts 1:58

https://www.ebay.de/itm/154311203585?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=chLI4tauS8K&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PjjbSUaqRlC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

TravelGuide

TravelGuide

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Anything I would have suggested has been covered, but good luck.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks again for the additional recommendations, friends, I'm sure I'll be able to scrounge up something from amongst all these. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum