OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
gooboo wrote:Still waiting on mine, but my last experience with one of these types of modern military figures is you basically have to look at the box/promo photos to figure out where everything goes. Spent an entire afternoon putting together my last one.

This is pretty much how many do it.

One thing you can consider, is that much of the placement of the pouches, etc. isn’t really a “standard” one-size-fits-all type of thing. When I was in the military, placement of extra gear that was necessary was often left to the user to place where they felt it was most useful. Sidearms and such should be in a place that you can grab quickly when crap hits the fan, as should extra magazine/clip pouches. First Aid shouldn’t be hard to get to either. Anything else is up to you.

GypsyDanger

Stryker2012 wrote:
gooboo wrote:Still waiting on mine, but my last experience with one of these types of modern military figures is you basically have to look at the box/promo photos to figure out where everything goes. Spent an entire afternoon putting together my last one.

This is pretty much how many do it.

One thing you can consider, is that much of the placement of the pouches, etc. isn’t really a “standard” one-size-fits-all type of thing. When I was in the military, placement of extra gear that was necessary was often left to the user to place where they felt it was most useful. Sidearms and such should be in a place that you can grab quickly when crap hits the fan, as should extra magazine/clip pouches. First Aid shouldn’t be hard to get to either. Anything else is up to you.
The thing is, I do know where the pouches are supposed to go. Its just not clear to me how I put them there. Am I supposed to wrap the bags around the belt around the waist and then hang the belt? I think I have an idea of how I might be able to weave the pouches through the vest now, but it will be like performing a surgery lol. Will have to do it with a fresh mind tomorrow.

GypsyDanger

Some shots of the figure I took to relieve all the stress from trying to figure out where everything goes. It's far from fully assembled, but thought I'd share the shots anyway.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 53069752994_1eb4eae0a4_k

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 53069956785_f36b718c51_k

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 53069957005_2f8ee47768_k

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 53068980117_eca86b700f_k

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 53068976437_141fa7673c_k

Stryker2012

Founding Father
The vest has molle webbing for the pouches, as well. It’s a pain in the @$$ to use them. If you have a narrow utensil, you can weave the pouches the way they were intended. It takes a LOT of patience, and nimble fingers. I don’t buy a lot of military figures anymore due to the extreme amount of tiny stuff to work with (arthritis and all that).

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
First, how you do it in 1:1 scale for refernce

And how you do it in 1:6 scale

You need a good pair of tweezers, those with a flat head work best. You do not have to thread them the way they did it in 1:1, its enough if you only loop it back once or so, that should be enough (it also depends on how long the pouch straps are, if they are long, you can do it like they do it in 1:1 and that makes them hold better.)

GypsyDanger

Stryker2012 wrote:The vest has molle webbing for the pouches, as well. It’s a pain in the @$$ to use them. If you have a narrow utensil, you can weave the pouches the way they were intended. It takes a LOT of patience, and nimble fingers. I don’t buy a lot of military figures anymore due to the extreme amount of tiny stuff to work with (arthritis and all that).
It is really annoying. The video of 1:1 that ZeroDelta linked shows the person having some trouble on that real life scale. Doing it in 1/6 is just too much for pain for not much reward in appearance I feel. I will likely call it quits with this one in my collection haha.

ZeroDelta wrote:First, how you do it in 1:1 scale for refernce

And how you do it in 1:6 scale

You need a good pair of tweezers, those with a flat head work best. You do not have to thread them the way they did it in 1:1, its enough if you only loop it back once or so, that should be enough (it also depends on how long the pouch straps are, if they are long, you can do it like they do it in 1:1 and that makes them hold better.)
Thank you so much for this. I think this is exactly what I need. I am still a bit confused because the ammo pouches seem to have the straps from the bottom rather than the top. I suppose same principle works still. I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Thank you again!

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
One tip I can give to people who have problems with this: get a Mannequin Bust in 1:6 scale. Put the Vest on there and then put the Molle pouches on there, that way you dont need to handle the figure and you have free access without having arms and legs in the way etc. Once you are done, you can simply slip the finished vest over the figure.

Spartan06

Spartan06
GypsyDanger wrote:I really like the figure. But, how on earth do you attach the front ammo pouches? Also, is there something like a guide I could use? I have zero experience with combat armour and it has been rather tough figuring out how to attach things and what goes where.

Gypsy, usually they are attached to the horizontal cloth strips on the front of the vest with a streamer that is attached to the pouch.  That streamer is woven through a few horizontal strips on the back of the pouch as well.  This is called a "Molle" attachment system.

BlackOpsToys has a number of videos on YouTube illustrating how these figures are assembled, which are very helpful IMHO.  He goes into both the "die-hard" way of attaching Molle components for us military buffs, and a couple of shortcuts as well.  

Mine came in today and I'll open it after work and let you know if I see anything different with this figure.

+1, ZeroDelta. I use a mannequin sometimes myself.

GypsyDanger

Spartan06 wrote:
GypsyDanger wrote:I really like the figure. But, how on earth do you attach the front ammo pouches? Also, is there something like a guide I could use? I have zero experience with combat armour and it has been rather tough figuring out how to attach things and what goes where.

Gypsy, usually they are attached to the horizontal cloth strips on the front of the vest with a streamer that is attached to the pouch.  That streamer is woven through a few horizontal strips on the back of the pouch as well.  This is called a "Molle" attachment system.

BlackOpsToys has a number of videos on YouTube illustrating how these figures are assembled, which are very helpful IMHO.  He goes into both the "die-hard" way of attaching Molle components for us military buffs, and a couple of shortcuts as well.  

Mine came in today and I'll open it after work and let you know if I see anything different with this figure.

+1, ZeroDelta.  I use a mannequin sometimes myself.
Thank you for your help as well. I was able to get most of it on. But, what do you do with the excess streamer? When attaching the sidearm ammo to the belt, there is the streamer sticking out, and it’s not possible to bend it back and hide it all. I have the same issue on the vest with the main ammo pouches too, but I can still hide the excess by slipping it under the ouch itself. It still comes out if I fiddle with the vest though. Is it bad practice to cut it?

Also, did you get the small triangular shaped bag shown in this image? (First image, bottom left item)

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 10382610

gooboo

Got mine today, spent most of the afternoon getting it put together. Not done yet but I've had enough for one day, lol.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 Mtf10

I have to agree with GypsyDanger those three front ammo pouches were impossible to put on normally. I've done it with other sets, but the loops on the back side of those pouches was way too small to fit the streamer into once it's attached to the vest, espeically once you try to put on the second and third pouches. I ended up resorting to fabric glue, since I don't plan on taking those off anyways.

Aside from that, everything else so far has assembled fairly easily. Really cool looking figure, imo. Might pick up some parceled out pieces of this set and kitbash another female companion for her.

GypsyDanger

gooboo wrote:

Aside from that, everything else so far has assembled fairly easily. Really cool looking figure, imo. Might pick up some parceled out pieces of this set and kitbash another female companion for her.  
How do you attach the Night Vision goggles to the helmet? I thought I had to attach the black piece to the helmet, but it just refuses to go in. Also, did you get the little triangular pouch that goes in the back? Mine didn’t have it so was wondering if I should contact the store.

gooboo

There's a small lip on the top and bottom of the black piece. I trimmed off some of the bottom lip with an x-acto knife to make it slip in. Also, I did not get that little triangular pouch either, and I didn't see a section/container for it in the packaging, so I'm thinking that Verycool didn't end up adding it into the final set.

GypsyDanger

gooboo wrote:There's a small lip on the top and bottom of the black piece. I trimmed off some of the bottom lip with an x-acto knife to make it slip in. Also, I did not get that little triangular pouch either, and I didn't see a section/container for it in the packaging, so I'm thinking that Verycool didn't end up adding it into the final set.
Thank you for getting back to me. I suppose they did indeed drop that pouch then. I was worried because I have this pretty bad luck where I do get figures with accessories missing lol. Last time, it took a year for me to get the missing part Smile

On the helmet, so I would need to trim it a bit then I guess. I will try it tomorrow and hopefully it works. Also, if it’s not too much trouble, can I also ask how to paste the part attached to the wire to the helmet? From the pics, it seems to be placed on the back of the helmet. Do I have to glue it in?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
GypsyDanger wrote:
gooboo wrote:There's a small lip on the top and bottom of the black piece. I trimmed off some of the bottom lip with an x-acto knife to make it slip in. Also, I did not get that little triangular pouch either, and I didn't see a section/container for it in the packaging, so I'm thinking that Verycool didn't end up adding it into the final set.
Thank you for getting back to me. I suppose they did indeed drop that pouch then. I was worried because I have this pretty bad luck where I do get figures with accessories missing lol. Last time, it took a year for me to get the missing part Smile

On the helmet, so I would need to trim it a bit then I guess. I will try it tomorrow and hopefully it works. Also, if it’s not too much trouble, can I also ask how to paste the part attached to the wire to the helmet? From the pics, it seems to be placed on the back of the helmet. Do I have to glue it in?

The helmet should come with fuzzy velcro patches, that have a glue side, where you need to peel off the protective film. They should come various sizes, including one for the back part of the helmet. The NVG mount/battery container should have a rough velcro side, that you simply attach to the fuzzy helmet patch.

cdn_rhino

Nice looking in-hand pictures GypsyDanger and gooboo.

Still trying to scratch some funds together for this one. I had to get my old guy glasses, and it took too much money away from figures. Boooo

csyeung

csyeung
The pics turned out great Gypsydanger and gooboo. Yea putting together the figures takes a lot of patience, getting some tweezers may help but I remember having a hard time when I got a previous VC military figure.

Scighera

For the collectors that allready have this figure:

-do you like it?
-how is the helmet fitting the head? I have the miss spetnaz 2.0 2l, VCF2058, but the helmet is way to big (or the head too small)
-how is the quality / detail of this figure compared to damtoys?

I have a couple of Damtoys, but even the 2.0 miss spetnaz lacks detail in comparing to older 2017 damtoys releases.

So I am hesitating about this one a lot, also because the price is higher then a Damtoys preorder.

Thanks!
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 20240114

[url=https://servimg.com/view/20536932/10]NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 20240116NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Mobile Task Force MTF Alpha-9 member #VCF-2063 - Page 2 20240115[/url]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum