OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LaserLines sixth-scale room box/diorama elements, Part I

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I have a few questions, Ian.

1. When you asked them for custom sizes, did you give them measurements for the doors and windows, or were those standard?

2. Can they make the walls higher, or is 14" the maximum?

3.  Do they also make "wall boards/trim" -- like crown-moulding and running boards along the floor and ceiling? (I didn't see a lot of options for it in 1/6 scale).

4. How much did your custom requests run you?

5. Can anyone confirm if these MDF walls can take glue of any kind (to add wallpaper)? Or is that similar to the "water"?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Hi Mark.

I did not mean to imply that what you see here was a custom order. I just ordered products listed on their Etsy store. I wrote that they might do customs, because, if I recall correctly, I saw a review where someone was thanking them for helping him (or her) with a custom project. I think that especially if you can convince them that the custom design they might do for you would sell more generally, they might not up the price much, if at all. Also, ordering an X amount of a certain element might make more fiscal sense than otherwise. I am also positive they have square windows at least in twelfth scale, and I can't see why they would have any trouble making them in sixth scale.

I don't know that they could do crown molding (assuming you mean that curved profile), though you could potentially find some of that in some other Etsy stores; I saw some Etsy listings for sixth-scale (not just twelfth-scale) hardwood floor boards, for example (which are very thin and would have to be glued onto the floor surface). As for regular molding along the bottom of the wall, if that is just like a plank, I cannot see them having any trouble making some as a simple custom.

I have not yet experimented with them taking glue, but from the product descriptions and the reviews, I think they are supposed to work with glue and with painting. In fact, they seem to be intended for that.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

Fantastic Ian! Love those set pieces!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Fantastic Ian! Love those set pieces!
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. They pale in comparison to what you have done at this stage (and perhaps always will, even after customization and sprucing up), and perhaps you do not need any help making your own diorama backdrops and rooms, but I suppose even you could find them potentially useful. I would also imagine there are probably some people on Etsy making something similar in the UK, which might save on time and cost.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

To be fair, I wish I could get some over here, those set pieces have so much potential. I'm sure you can make them look amazing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:To be fair, I wish I could get some over here, those set pieces have so much potential. I'm sure you can make them look amazing!
Well, look into it, if it is feasible, perhaps it will let you take some shortcuts when building your amazing displays.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing and You way to present it is as Excellent as ever ! Laughing
OMG ! You have the Gandalf ! He´s one of the best figures i´ve ever seen ! I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Thanks for showing and You way to present it is as Excellent as ever ! Laughing
OMG ! You have the Gandalf ! He´s one of the best figures i´ve ever seen ! I love you
You are very welcome. I'm glad you liked the presentation.
And, yes, this Gandalf figure is pretty awesome. I have only picked up a few of this line, but this one is probably one of the coolest in general.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum