OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gooboo

BBICN Shanghai Flagship Taobao StorePompeii Warrior - Orange 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Pompeii Warrior - Orange 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-199A
Bar Code: 697 127233 159 5

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 x cloak with hood
4) 1 x one-piece armor for upper body
5) 1 pair x armor pieces for lower arms
6) 1 x belt
7) 1 x long-sleeved dress
Cool 1 pair x shoes
9) 1 x shield
10) 1 pair x lower leg sleeves
11) 1 pair x armor pieces for lower legs
12) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
13) 1 x sword
14) 1 x sword scabbard
15) 1 pair x underpants

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cmx10cmx38cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 51cmx32.5cmx40.5cm

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb121

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb221

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb318

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb419

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb517

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb618

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb718

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb818

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb918

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1018

Pompeii Warrior - Blue 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Pompeii Warrior - Blue 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2022-199B
Bar Code: 697 127233 160 1

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 x cloak with hood
4) 1 x one-piece armor for upper body
5) 1 pair x armor pieces for lower arms
6) 1 x belt
7) 1 x long-sleeved dress
Cool 1 pair x shoes
9) 1 x shield
10) 1 pair x lower leg sleeves
11) 1 pair x armor pieces for lower legs
12) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
13) 1 x sword
14) 1 x sword scabbard
15) 1 pair x underpants

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.52 kg
Measurements: 24.3cmx10cmx38cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.02 kg
Measurements: 51cmx32.5cmx40.5cm

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1118

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1219

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1318

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1418

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1516

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1614

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1712

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1812

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb1912

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B Tb2012

gooboo

Not seeing the connection here at all to Pompeii, but I like the figures anyways.

The teal version looks much better than the white/orange one, in my opinion. Orange colored armor was a bad choice.

I'm leaning on getting the teal one, but I'll make the decision sometime next month. There's some nice kit-bashing potential with these figures too- I can see a variety of outfits the dress could work with, or maybe adding some different armor to the figure as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TBL is really starting to lose me. As you said, I don’t see the Pompeii connection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think the names are just for flavour/coolness. We know that by now. TBleague makes fantasy warriors for fantasy fans.

I really like the cape, especially the white one.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The title sounded intriguing but I should have known better.

brassco

brassco
I think TBL has been taking note of all the feedback and comments they could see to come up with something not Egyptian or Roman warriors. I like that there is a sheath for the sword. I might just grab the loose parts.

shazzdan

shazzdan
brassco wrote:I think TBL has been taking note of all the feedback and comments they could see to come up with something not Egyptian or Roman warriors.

If that is the case then they messed up because Pompeii is a Roman city. In any case, TBL shouldn't have worried because they haven't done anything that is even remotely Roman or Egyptian (or Greek). The only positive thing I can say about the above offering is that the armour at least covers the chest properly.

brassco

brassco
shazzdan wrote:
brassco wrote:I think TBL has been taking note of all the feedback and comments they could see to come up with something not Egyptian or Roman warriors.

If that is the case then they messed up because Pompeii is a Roman city. In any case, TBL shouldn't have worried because they haven't done anything that is even remotely Roman or Egyptian (or Greek). The only positive thing I can say about the above offering is that the armour at least covers the chest properly.

oh...what i meant was "Roman" sexy armor as previously offered. Too much of such.

Ovy

Ovy
Haha I was expecting Kit Harrington for a moment.
1 - TBLeague: Pompeii Warrior (orange/blue) PL2022-199A/199B 3afe4d9faea6f1fe3d0afee8ea15d7ff

The connection to Pompeii? Cloth and armor weathered with ash and for the red version a vulcanic vibe. That's it. Agree they should have named it differently, another stupid generic fantasy name would have done wonders like ... Blood Inquisitor, Demon Huntress, Lava Mage, Vulcanic Sorceress, Holy Warrior etc.

I can't help anyone who is familiar with tbleague's releases and still looks for historical accuracy, you should really know by now. Laughing

Regarding the figure itself, I think it's a great looking generic fantasy figure, the hexagonal shapes on the shield give it a carbon allotropsic futuristic vibe, maybe she is fighting swarms of cybernetic alien ash zombies on Planet Pompeii in 8000 A.D. I think the red version has a bit more fiery character, the red and white is a nice reduced color palette, not all over the place like some recent releases.

The thing I don't like is that eagle on the shield, it looks out of place, like it escaped a coin or something, not fitting the armor art.

Version two would fit better with another background, a more peaceful one with blue skies and green highlands and some castle. The Copper and turquoise they chose go well together.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Pompeii??? The only thing Pompeii-ish about this, is the white one looks dusty! Too soon? 🤔😄

Aside from the nonsensical Pompeii title, these are close to being good. If the white robe version had the blue (green?) versions armour, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. As it is, I'd need to buy two, just to have one attractive figure (which I reckon was no accident on TBL's part) and I also don't like either HS, so it's a no to both from me, sadly.
I might look for the robes parted out though.

TBL seem to be slipping of late.

Diana

Diana
Ovy, I like the way you think! Very Happy

First things first: Another S47B? For a moment I thought the legs look too slim, but I think it's just the angle.

It seems TBL have had higher sales with the recent colored alternatives, especially the blue night warrior, and are trying to follow up. But...

The orange EVERYTHING is just too much. The sword looks like a toy to me.
The "blue" (teal) version works far better, but the coat and dress both being of that dominant color is again too much. I find TBL lacking balance is so many of their designs.

I like the red head. I can see her being used as Red Sonja soon. Very Happy
The blonde head is pretty, too, but for figures with a (fantasy) historic vibe blonde Asians just seem out of place.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm, I kinda like the dress/skirt thing, but I wish the colours were different. These colours aren't doing it for me.

I think the 'Pompeii' name is literally just a reference to the volcanic vibe. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t know, I kinda like them.  I was getting so tired of the same drab colors.  Golden, Silver, Black.  Golden, Silver, Black.  Golden, Silver, Black.  I like the blue and orange.   I’m not completely sold yet, though.   I need to look at the promo pics a few more times and let them sink in for a couple of days.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Neither head appeals, personally (although I agree that the orange one would make decent Red Sonja kitbash material). Parts of both costumes that aren't orange look nice enough but otherwise I'm becoming increasingly disinterested in what TBL are offering lately ('lately' being the two on offer this month).

Still, at least not buying these or the Nephthyses or the Mohegans will finally free up my cash for a month or two to buy some different figures.  Smile

As for TBL possibly listening to feedback, if only that extended to designing a new female muscle body and shaking up their skintone palette, etc etc yadda yadda...

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
gooboo wrote:
The teal version looks much better than the white/orange one, in my opinion. Orange colored armor was a bad choice.
Missed opportunity: the orange one should have had an orange dress and cape. With the white Mohegan's headsculpt, she'd be dressed up to go to a football (soccer) match of the dutch team.

gooboo

These are up for sale on BBTS for $180- looks like the regular pricing has returned for these. Still not up on Giantoy however.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TBLeague listens to feedback? As if! Or where do we go, en masse, to make our demands? Smile
In and of themselves, I don't think they are bad. I like the S47, except for its excessive height. The orange, if a little less orange, would be fine as a rich light warm red. But I agree with pretty much everything that has been said (Ovy is spot on about the eagle, and I also expected Kit from that movie). Why couldn't they call her Volcanic Warrior or something?

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:Ovy,

The orange EVERYTHING is just too much. The sword looks like a toy to me.
The "blue" (teal) version works far better, but the coat and dress both being of that dominant color is again too much. I find TBL lacking balance is so many of their designs.

100% this ^^^

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The more I look, the more I’m losing interest. It was the color palates that immediately caught my attention, but I’m starting to see what everyone else is seeing. The designs and execution just aren’t there. I hope they revisit those color combos at some point, though.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Why couldn't they call her Volcanic Warrior or something?

Maybe they did call her "Volcanic Warrior," and then it's another of those Google Translate things (though I suppose Google wouldn't introduce a geographical Proper noun).

Irony #1 is that the only connection whatsoever to Pompeii/Volcanic is the lava ground in the promo pics, and yet this is the one time (thankfully) TBL didn't make a base, so any connection fails entirely. Irony #2 would be that there can't even be any awareness whatsoever of Pompeii in any time period that would be consistent with her sword/shield/gear. It would have to be pre AD 79, or post 1693 (rediscovery), and nothing inbetween.

Inexplicable figure, with no feature (to my taste at least) that would engage me. The Orange version has a very Assassin's Creed look to my eyes -- was there maybe anything in those games about Pompeii?

Kallor8

Should have been red instead of orange IMO, it's a good design with garish presentation. The sword posed in the first pic, sheathed and centered point to the ground makes me think the outfit could use an actual stripe or runner design where the sword is, too.

I like the other one enough to probably get it, we'll see closer to release what the landscape looks like.

Nekk-ra

These two look more like clerics/sorcerers than warriors, and nothing about them screams "Pompeii". Don't hate them, though. The orange lass doesn't quite work as presented; the orange bra armor is not a good look. An orange dress/gold armor combo would have given a great flame priestess vibe. The color scheme of the blue lass works better, and I would definitely get the dress and some of the other parts to create a magic-user custom.

And wouldn't have objected to the Kit Harrington- inspired figure. At the very least it would be an excuse for TBLeague to create a new male body. Been a while since we had one of those.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, especially with Nekk-ra. MBAM, good point about google translate, but if so, it happened during the design stage, as "Pompeii warrior" appears on the promotional images themselves, so it is not just one of us machine translating from Chinese and getting this product name.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, especially with Nekk-ra. MBAM, good point about google translate, but if so, it happened during the design stage, as "Pompeii warrior" appears on the promotional images themselves, so it is not just one of us machine translating from Chinese and getting this product name.

Yeah, I get that. I was thinking more that maybe the TBL guys conceived it as something like, Volcanic Warrior, and their own internal Translate process for western marketing somehow got them to Pompeii. Unless, there was some actual but submerged Pompeii connection in their undisclosed thinking process, from some video game or something (still wondering if there's maybe some underlying Assassin's Creed source).

csyeung

csyeung
When I first saw these, I was thinking it looked like something from Assassin's Creed. Well, except this has no pants hehe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum