OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

gooboo

PL2022-189A

Spartan Army Commander
- Golden 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Spartan Army Commander -Golden 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-189A
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 132 8

Packing List :
1) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * helmet
4) 1 * piece of armor for right shoulder
5) 1 * piece of armor for upper body
6) 1 * sleeveless dress
7) 1 * pair of underpants
Cool 2 * pieces of armor for forearms
9) 2 * wide strips of cloth for wrapping forearms
10) 1 * leather belt
11) 1 * decorative piece for front of the lower body
12) 3 * pairs of interchangeable hands
13) 2 * pieces of armor for lower legs
14) 2 * wide strips of cloth for wrapping lower legs
15) 1 * pair of feet with sandals
16) 1 * shield
17) 1 * spear
18) 1* cape
19) 1* base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.36kg
Measurements:
24cm * 19cm * 38cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 10.36 kg
Measurements: 50.5cm * 40.0cm * 40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb115

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb215

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb314

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb415

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb513

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb614

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb714

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb814

PL2022-189B Black Spartan Warrior

Spartan Army Commander
- Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Spartan Army Commander -Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-189B
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 133 5

Packing List:
1) 1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
2) 1 * head sculpt
3) 1 * helmet
4) 1 * piece of armor for right shoulder
5) 1 * piece of armor for upper body
6) 1 * sleeveless dress
7) 1 * pair of underpants
Cool 2 * pieces of armor for forearms
9 ) 2 * wide strips of cloth for wrapping forearms
10) 1 * leather belt
11) 1 * decorative piece for front of the lower body
12) 3 * pairs of interchangeable hands
13) 2 * pieces of armor for lower legs
14) 2 * wide strips of cloth for wrapping lower legs
15) 1 * pair of feet with sandals
16) 1 * bow
17) 1 * shield
18) 1 * quiver
19) 6 * arrows
20) 1* capelet
21) 1* knife
22) 1* base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.36kg
Measurements:
24cm * 19cm * 38cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 10.36 kg
Measurements: 50.5cm * 40.0cm * 40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb914

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1014

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1114

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1215

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1314

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1415

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1514

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Tb1612

gooboo

Time to play another round of guess that body. Due to the muscles on the legs and arms, I think it's just an s23 again, nothing to see here.

I think the black one looks the best, but I'm not sure I really feel the need to order either of these. Might pick up some pieces for kitbashing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And... they've gone a few steps back. Between the less realistic heads and the boob armor, what was in principle a very striking (even if implausible) set is ruined for me. Thanks, TBLeague, for being kinder to my wallet. Smile

Annalise

Annalise
Yeah, looks like S23 body.

The re-used name seems a little odd. We already got Black and Golden Spartan Army Commanders. These are 2.0. No Silver version this time.

A little disappointed that bases are back in these latest sets - I could do without them and the added weight increasing shipping costs. And I would prefer the box space be used for additional weapons or gear.

Wonder if those arrows are removable from the shield?

Ah well, I'll probably buy them both anyway.

shazzdan

shazzdan
What does Sparta have to do with this?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:What does Sparta have to do with this?

In the movie 300, there were Spartans with arrows stuck in their shields. I think that is about all the rationale there is. Wink I don't care for these reinterpretations, in part because they are trying too hard (or, from a different perspective, not at all), in part because what they do offer, while striking, is more often than not useless for any realistic (and many a fantastical) kitbash.

csyeung

csyeung
I kinda like the bases heh. But yea this looks like a 23 body. The cloth arm sleeves and undergarment seems a bit lazy. The weapons look neat for a kitbash . I do like the fine details in the armor. I do agree that the boob armor is not realistic at all.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Again with the superfluous heavy bases. The Vampire Slayer set could have been at least 1/4 less expensive without its pretty but totally useless base, and I'm sure that leaving it out would have made up the difference in extra sales.

This set seems like the equivalent of a schedule-filler - nothing new or remarkable here. TBL could at least have used this set to showcase a newer/improved athletic female body, but nope.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yawn. Sigh. Meh… reused head sculpts from other sets, boring done to death figures. TBLeague are really shooting themselves in the foot lately. Would it kill these companies to make a black female for a damn change? Christ, they could make a “Barbarian Fighter” and do a bootleg Grace Jones, and I’d be all over it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yawn. Sigh. Meh… reused head sculpts from other sets, boring done to death figures. TBLeague are really shooting themselves in the foot lately. Would it kill these companies to make a black female for a damn change? Christ, they could make a “Barbarian Fighter” and do a bootleg Grace Jones, and I’d be all over it.

I agree with all of that.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:they could make a “Barbarian Fighter” and do a bootleg Grace Jones, and I’d be all over it.

Oh Heck yes. A long-limbed but toned 'pure African' female body (with matching head) is top of my wishlist.

Also: I just noticed we're missing a serial number amongst these recent TBL set releases, so something has either been cancelled or delayed?

Annalise

Annalise
186 & 187 have not been announced yet. I was expecting this set to be one of those but seems like they are being held back for some reason, probably reconfiguration.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Annalise wrote:186 & 187 have not been announced yet. I was expecting this set to be one of those but seems like they are being held back for some reason, probably reconfiguration.

That's right, we jumped from Aset (185) to Sobek (188) didn't we. I'm thinking we're due one male and one female set, but that thinking is probably too logical  Smile . It'd be nice to see something more contemporary - but not necessarily military - inbetween these 'classical' sets, but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

glitch

glitch
I was interested in the Golden version for a custom AC Kassandra figure.
But then I saw the price tag and Nope!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yawn. Sigh. Meh… reused head sculpts from other sets, boring done to death figures. TBLeague are really shooting themselves in the foot lately. Would it kill these companies to make a black female for a damn change? Christ, they could make a “Barbarian Fighter” and do a bootleg Grace Jones, and I’d be all over it.

I agree with all of that.

Same.  This whole theme is SO played out at this point.  I continue to be disappointed by the lack of original ideas on TBLeague’s part.

I said my New Year’s resolution was to buy 10 or less 1/6 figures this year.   Based on what I’ve been seeing the last couple of months, I won’t come anywhere near breaking my resolution.

brassco

brassco
Stryker2011 wrote: Would it kill these companies to make a black female for a damn change?  

I second that! My black TBL body could only be used with that unsexy eagle HS...and seems like the only viable option from the market is that black katana slashing character from The Walking Dead's HS.

Too many of these figures. Has TBL ran out of ideas??!

Diana

Diana
Weeeeell,... I LOVE these fighting women! Laughing
So, dear peeps, people like me are the reason they keep reiterating these same old historically inaccurate ideas. Laughing

And I think this black Commander will look great next to my other black Commander. Smile

But I also have no need for that base, which unnecessarily increases shipping costs and space requirements for the box.
(I do like the Slayer base, but this is just too plain for me.)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Does anybody else think that they look confused? They've got that look on their face of "eeh, what I am doing here?"

Ghost808

Ghost808
TravelGuide wrote:Does anybody else think that they look confused? They've got that look on their face of "eeh, what I am doing here?"
They're maybe thinking..."Spartans, that aren't even spartans....again, eurghhh".

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
TravelGuide wrote:Does anybody else think that they look confused?
They've got that look on their face of "eeh, what I am doing here?"

I think that’s just a natural reaction to the reception they’ve received. “Hey, if we had been released two years ago, you would all be talking about how cool we are!”

Ovy

Ovy
Well they are great for what they are, with nice fine details. If you want plausible armor, Coo and Poptoys are way ahead of them, so they probably won't even produce something for that niche. They want to show their brand bodies of course.
If I had the chance to seize the means of tbleague's production, I would make different armor. Agree, it's a strange choice of a head, but heads can be changed I heard.

GeeWillikers wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:they could make a “Barbarian Fighter” and do a bootleg Grace Jones, and I’d be all over it.

Oh Heck yes. A long-limbed but toned 'pure African' female body (with matching head) is top of my wishlist.

Really, I wouldn't get my hopes up we will see that anytime soon.
I think tbleague's male m36 was a one timer, they mostly made it because NBA is popular in ethnically homogeneous China. Although not as popular as Chinese obsession with light skin as beauty standard. I think it might take at least another generation until they are ready.

gooboo

I was never really expecting tbleague to do realistic armor, as you mentioned Poptoys is already doing a much better job of that, these pseudo greek figures are just starting to feel kind of the same. I'd like to see them branch out a bit more from fantasy greek and egyptian figures, since we've been getting plenty of that from them for the past two years or so.

McAllen'sFinest

McAllen'sFinest
I haven't bought a TBleague figure in years but sideshow made this statue and I always thought it would make a perfect TBleague figure thats up my alley. They could do a collaboration like what they did with the court of the dead figures.

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Dragon10
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) Dragon11

gooboo

Would love to see that.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I haven't ordered this one but I've been keeping an eye on a release date for part-outs. GianToy have just pulled the 'deposit' option so I'm assuming it will be out very soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum