OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BusinessDog

BusinessDog
Hey guys!

Thought I'd share my latest custom figure now that I'm here: Captain Salazar!

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Myyq1G8

Seriously, he is one of the coolest looking villains I have seen in a  long time. His overall design and the way the animators worked on him  (and the rest of his crew) still blows my mind 1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Dizzy

Huge thanks again to Peter the Painter for delivering an awesome headsculpt for me to work with! Always a pleasure doing business with  you, sir!!

The first job was to replicate the uniform from the ground up. It was very time consuming, but I wasn't too fussed with it looking perfectly neat- I knew I was going to completely grunge it up and destroy it eventually! Even though it would break my heart. It's such a sweet looking uniform anyway!

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales D3GNFPs
Aaaaand my heart breaks.......

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales IuWrUFI

---------------------------
And much more work later:

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales B6fcr9U

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales HSMhjLb

I put some strips of wire inside the bottom coat shreds and bent them upward.

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales MUk6M4g

I was undecided for a while whether or not I should have his hair down or lift it all up. I chose to go with the latter and have it all wooshed to the side in a very unnatural looking way. I really wanted to showcase that big, gross chunk missing from the left side of his head and all of Peter's detailing around that area.

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales OjiCe4q

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales HFWPUsm

The display stand was stolen from the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX15. Looks better with Salazar anyway with his zombie shark and all cheers

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 6VkqaRA

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like I said on the other forum, you have both outdone yourselves with this great custom.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Shocked affraid That is amazing work! Brilliant choice of character too, I can't even find a 6" version of this guy in figure form. The work on the uniform is outstanding and the decision to sweep the hair up was definitely the right one! Have you experimented with trying to fabricate his ethereal 'smokey' tendrils with painted cushion stuffing or cotton-wool? Just an idea as I've used that technique for fires and cigarette smoke before. Love him on that diorama stand! Give him a Spanish/Italian? flag and he's all set! LOL. Stunning and inspiring work, I;ve made a captain Barbosa and a Jack, very tempted to have a go at this guy someday thanks to your work Wink

peter the painter

lovely work Shez, great presentation and attention to detail, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
Hot DAMN!!!

That's great work, man...sincerely.

Excellent uniform and, though heartbreaking, your weathering of it is masterful.

I believe even Peter outdid himself on that sculpt. (Damn well done, sir.)

Thank you for showing us

Ephiane

Ephiane
Shocked Absolute Great Work ! Love it !

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Tumblr10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is brilliant! You and Peter did an amazing job. Wow!!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, this came out awesome! That uniform is beautifully constructed, and the weathering really does make it. Funny, because it's a very different type of weathering than we're used to seeing, and it's so well done. And that base is so perfect. Stunning work!!!

MerylAkiba

Hauntingly creepy. Love the hair flow.

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah I can only imagine how hard it was to grunge up that neat uniform. Very Happy

Did you do more PotC Figures or do you know if there are figures of those 'At World's End' Zombies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum