OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
long time not being around, long time not buying any figure too lol...

After a few months wait, I got some news from my custom order for a Keira Knightley headsculpt as she appears in Pirates of the Caribbean to go along with my Jack Sparrow!

here are the final previews I just received from the artists, Sean Dabbs doing the 3D sculpt, Viola Wittroka doing the print, painting, and hair rooting. I gotta say they are doing a phenomenal job, with great communication, great attention to my suggestions and remarks, that has been a  really a nice journey since day 1.

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean 58820210

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean 3a7feb10

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean E6e29110

I found the original armor she wears in the third movie from the old hot toys figure, thanks to blackopstoys, and I'm waiting for an unlicensed pirate girl (the "Sophia" figure from BBK) to create the final figure, all mounted on a S17B for the posing!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great sculpt and hairwork! This is a great idea for a kitbash figure. Heads are so important for good looking/high quality figures.

Thanks for showing us first steps of your project

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's beautifully painted and I'm sure will look incredible once on the figure itself and photographed by you!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Zes

Zes
That head sculpt looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished figure.

BBK needs to speed up their releases. I'm waiting on that female knight figure from them.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! That looks fantastic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks fantastic, both here and in real life. Smile

cdn_rhino

Great work. Waaaaaaay better than the Hot Toys version.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
So, you’re not doing her in one of her dresses?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visisonor

Visisonor

Looks great.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Really nice work!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's an amazing looking sculpt, Alex Very Happy .

Diana

Diana
Wow! That head is beautiful! It captured her essence perfectly - specifically the parts that I like and not the parts I get annoyed with. Laughing

That will be a stunner of a figure!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:It captured her essence perfectly - specifically the parts that I like and not the parts I get annoyed with. Laughing

Now you made me curious lol

I must admit, I'm not her biggest fan. While she looks kinda pretty I think she always have that slightly..."cocky" expression, which makes me not really like her. That doesn't mean anything to her acting skills.

But nevertheless a figure that deserved to be made as a very nice custom!

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:
Diana wrote:It captured her essence perfectly - specifically the parts that I like and not the parts I get annoyed with. Laughing

Now you made me curious lol

I must admit, I'm not her biggest fan. While she looks kinda pretty I think she always have that slightly..."cocky" expression, which makes me not really like her. That doesn't mean anything to her acting skills.

Hehe, it's nothing I have articulated in my head, but it's something like that, yes. A poshness. And she has a micro sneer that's present a lot. But her vulnerability is quite beautiful and can compensates for that. And I think that's what this sculpt captures. Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
This looks like it will look awesome once finished.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean 1f60e

blackpool

blackpool
Valiarde wrote:Great sculpt and hairwork! This is a great idea for a kitbash figure. Heads are so important for good looking/high quality figures.

Thanks for showing us first steps of your project

Courtesy of Sean Dabbs and Viola Wittrocka, they were both very kind, and very understanding during the whole process! I can only recommend them for custom headsculpts (they recently did Michelle Pfeiffer and Christopher Walken as they appear in Batman returns, and OMFG!)

skywalkersaga wrote:That's beautifully painted and I'm sure will look incredible once on the figure itself and photographed by you!

I hope so for the photography, I can't wait to do her justice because the details on the sculpt and the paint app are somptuous

Zes wrote:That head sculpt looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished figure.

BBK needs to speed up their releases. I'm waiting on that female knight figure from them.

Same... And I just received a notification the BBK Pirate is postponed by another month at my french dealer!

Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! That looks fantastic.

I knew you'd like the lady Mark!

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, she looks fantastic, both here and in real life. Smile

We're on the same page! I always had a crush for that actress, dunno why but the mix of fierce and fragility in her face always got me Razz

cdn_rhino wrote:Great work. Waaaaaaay better than the Hot Toys version.

Indeed! Tho looking closer their sculpt wasn't bad, the paint was awful but that was such a while ago! I still managed to grab some parts of the hot toys armor, and the details were already excellent back then

Stryker2012 wrote:So, you’re not doing her in one of her dresses?

Well I didn't find any gown looking like the ones she wears, so I'll go for her amored look and a pirate look... may be later! (or if you have a source for 1700's gown dresses)

Visisonor wrote:

Looks great.

I said the same when I opened the box LOL

shovelchop81 wrote:Really nice work!!

Agreed, they didn't a phenomenal job!

BAMComix wrote:That's an amazing looking sculpt, Alex Very Happy .

Thanks a lot Dal!

Diana wrote:Wow! That head is beautiful! It captured her essence perfectly - specifically the parts that I like and not the parts I get annoyed with. Laughing

That will be a stunner of a figure!

Thanks a lot Diana! I think I see what you mean, I also find the sculpt very emotional tho it has a neutral look, there is some intensity in her eyes just like the actress Razz

Theboo-bomb wrote:This looks like it will look awesome once finished.

I promise I'll share the finished figure as soon as I get my hands on all the parts!

blackpool

blackpool
Sorry for the poor phone shots under yellow light,first in hand pic don't do her any justice... But the pirate figure being delayed again, I'll have be patient Razz

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean Img_2712

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean Img_2710

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean Img_2711

blackpool

blackpool
Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean Img_2713

Keira Knighley as Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Caribbean Img_2714

BAMComix

BAMComix
It really is a beautiful sculpt, Alex Very Happy

Visisonor

Visisonor
In addition to the headsculpt being awesome, Strange & Unusual Production is a nice brand name Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Don't be sorry, Alex, she still looks lovely. I wish this were available in mass quantities for reasonable prices.

Diana

Diana
She turned out beautifully!! I love you

Zes

Zes
The head sculpt turned out quite nice! I'm looking forward to seeing your custom figure!

teamweapon

DAAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGgggggg!!!
shes amazing !
you have skills my friend!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Gorgeous sculpt. They did a great job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum