OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hell's Messenger Golden/Silver (PL2022-202A / PL2022-202B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

If TBL had produced this design and this design alone over the last let's say three or four months, it would be OK. But only OK, because it's still too piecemeal and derivative of some of their other sets. They could very easily have combined the more interesting elements of this figure with their Pompeii Warrior and/or Ghost Soldier and made something altogether more satisfying, and the same goes for combining elements of their recent Spartan Warrior and Amazon Soldier figures. They are certainly spreading their already limited palette far too thinly just for the sake of releasing something - anything - new on a monthly basis.

For me personally though it's as much a case of them oversaturating the market with too fast a release schedule and engendering a sense of fatigue as anything.

skywalkersaga

Yeah, I don't really understand their reasoning for going about things the way they do.

Ovy

I think it just sells enough?

Well it's tbleauge, a lot of simple design decisions could have made the figure interesting but that's the way it is. They mostly lack the feel of telling a story with their characters and equipment.

They could have made the skin red, removed the hair, put on some horns instead, make the whole eyeballs shiny black, add Mephisto/Spock eyebrows, have a split tongue sticking out as an option. Make the armor some kind of bone exoskeleton. Don't know.

Nekk-ra

If I were to pick-up one of these, it would be the silver, because she'd work well with Lady Death and my other horror/fantasy type figures. Bonus points for not having one of those "sad n' pouty" head sculpts. I agree though that if you're going to have a figure called Hell's messenger, she should look a little bit more demonic/ ghoulish/ succubi-esque.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Finally up for PO at GianToy at a predictably ridiculous £216/$249 with a January 23 release date.

Even if they were anything special, I'd likely have to pass as I've got three other preorders due in January already. I'll grant you that they're a slight improvement on TBL's last few offerings, but I'm definitely not cancelling any of those preorders for these.

I might pick up Silver's heads & hands and both sets' fabric clothing, provided the prices don't enter the stratosphere.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:I might pick up Silver's heads & hands and both sets' fabric clothing, provided the prices don't enter the stratosphere.
That's exactly what I'd go for, minus the hands, cause they are just the typical Vampy hands with different nail polish.
But I'll resist, so you can have them. Wink

That head is gorgeous! Quite angelic, which is ridiculous considering the title of the figure. Rolling Eyes

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's always interesting to see people's tastes.... I personally would go for the red headsculpt. Though I will certainly not bother actually trying to pick it up loose since it will be way out of my current price range.

Mayyybe I might be able to afford one of the wired cloaks. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:

That head is gorgeous! Quite angelic, which is ridiculous considering the title of the figure. Rolling Eyes
Look at it this way, if you get a message from hell, it at least comes with a nice package.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm waiting for a few select part-outs from these, and I've noticed that the release is now nearly a month overdue...

That's unusual for TBL isn't it?

(yes, I know I've spent a large chunk of this thread vigorously complaining about TBL's overactive release schedule Smile )

CMD115

GeeWillikers wrote:I'm waiting for a few select part-outs from these, and I've noticed that the release is now nearly a month overdue...

That's unusual for TBL isn't it?

(yes, I know I've spent a large chunk of this thread vigorously complaining about TBL's overactive release schedule Smile )

They acting weird lately. Wonder who comes up with their ideas?

gooboo

Well speak of the devil, someone just put a review up on BBICN

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=392356&_dsign=377bffdc

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Thanks for the link, gooboo!

On Bilibili, the reviews are always available first. And I was just looking for it yesterday.

When I saw the promotional photos, I really wanted the red version. Now, with this review, I'm a little disappointed.

gooboo

I thought this was a pretty lackluster set from the beginning, the review just confirms it for me.

crispyorange

crispyorange
Can anyone tell which body they are using for this one? S10D?

Diana

Diana
crispyorange wrote:Can anyone tell which body they are using for this one? S10D?

Definitely not that, because the bust is smaller. I expect this to be the S47B, as most releases announced around that time.

Annalise

Annalise
crispyorange wrote:Can anyone tell which body they are using for this one?

The A version is an S47B. The B version is an S46B.

crispyorange

crispyorange
Thanks guys! I was wondering if parts of this set would fit on some other bodies~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum